Isle of Wight Beer & Buses Festival 2017

Offramp

Oct 5, 2017, 3:08:06 AM10/5/17
I was looking through the London Drinker. That is one great magazine; it's the mag of the London Branch of Camra and it is given away free in a lot of real ale pubs.

It has adverts for beer festivals all over Britain, and the current one has an advert for the Isle of Wight Beer and Buses Festival.

http://iwbeerandbuses.co.uk/

That is held on the weekend of 14th & 15th October 2017. The vintage buses are free to travel on, although they prefer it if you have a program. I have indeed bought the program and it is £6.

There is a list of the beers here:
http://iwbeerandbuses.co.uk/beers.php
Many of them are not unusual at all. Fuller's London Pride won't be on my URGENT list, nor Timothy Taylor Landlord. I've had plenty of them. I'll be trying Yates's On The Buses, though, among others.

I'll be staying at Sandown, and the Castle has the following selection of beers:
Long Man
Scary Man Trick or Treat
Open Casket
Chockwork Orange
Vectis Venom
Black Annis Porter
Hellfire
Trooper Red & Black
Green hopped IPA
Chimera
Swordfish
IPA
Bombardier Burning Gold
Bombardier Glorious English
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin Gold.

Offramp

Oct 6, 2017, 10:57:42 AM10/6/17
Note to self:

"We're really pleased to announce that Southern Vectis are again offering their fantastic Rover Ticket deal for the weekend of our event. By showing your programme when boarding a Southern Vectis bus, you can buy the ticket from the driver for just £15. The ticket offers you UNLIMITED travel on the comprehensive network of Southern Vectis bus routes from Friday 13th until Monday 16th October 2017 inclusive.

The special Rover Ticket is ideal for getting to and from ferry ports using normal buses on the Friday and Monday of our event, whilst you can also use it to get out and about in the evenings or when the special Beer and Buses routes have stopped operating.

It could also be very useful if things get very busy during the event, as many of our routes run parallel to the Southern Vectis Network.
Visit www.islandbuses.info for timetable information"

Offramp

Oct 28, 2017, 7:16:09 AM10/28/17
I enjoyed myself hugely. I spent 4 days there, it was superb.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Mar 26, 2022, 12:13:22 PM3/26/22
On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 04:16:08 -0700 (PDT)
Offramp <alane...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I enjoyed myself hugely. I spent 4 days there, it was superb.

Sadly now unrepeatable.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.