Good Beer Guide Survey

Joyce Whitchurch

Sep 16, 2017, 8:32:51 AM9/16/17
CAMRA are asking for views on how the Good Beer Guide "should evolve to meet the needs of its readers in future editions. To help us do this, we are undertaking an online survey of our readers to hear exactly what it is that you like and value about the Guide and what changes and additions you might like to see."

The survey can be found at <http://www.camra.org.uk/gbg2018survey>. They're looking for responses from CAMRA members and non-members alike.
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge, UK
=================================

Offramp

Sep 16, 2017, 12:55:33 PM9/16/17
Please indicate your gender.

Joyce Whitchurch

Sep 16, 2017, 1:12:49 PM9/16/17
On Saturday, 16 September 2017 17:55:33 UTC+1, Offramp wrote:
> Please indicate your gender.

Why?

Offramp

Sep 16, 2017, 10:43:58 PM9/16/17
On Saturday, 16 September 2017 18:12:49 UTC+1, Joyce Whitchurch wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 September 2017 17:55:33 UTC+1, Offramp wrote:
> > Please indicate your gender.
>
> Why?

That's what I thought. I suppose it is a standard question these days in surveys. It's actually bad English: What sex are you? would be far more straightforward. Many companies avoid it by asking for one's title: Mr, Mrs etc.

I don't suppose CAMRA had much control over the actual wording of the questions.

Joyce Whitchurch

Sep 17, 2017, 9:40:13 AM9/17/17
On Sunday, 17 September 2017 03:43:58 UTC+1, Offramp wrote:

> That's what I thought. I suppose it is a standard question these days in surveys. It's actually bad English: What sex are you? would be far more straightforward. Many companies avoid it by asking for one's title: Mr, Mrs etc.
>
> I don't suppose CAMRA had much control over the actual wording of the questions.

It's on SurveyMonkey so I expect someone from CAMRA phrased the questions. Anyway, they offer "Prefer not to say" as a response, along with "Other".

No, I don't like this mis-use of the word "gender" either, but then much of modern English mystifies me. I might even say "a raft of words" mystifies me, not least the word "raft". Why are folk so keen to put things on rafts? Is the sea level rising that fast?

Getting back to the original post - am I to conclude that all other CAMRA members have deserted this ng in favour of Discourse?

Kerr-Mudd,John

Oct 7, 2017, 11:04:59 AM10/7/17
Offramp <alane...@gmail.com> wrote in news:02548f60-ff9b-4371-b82b-
b148bc...@googlegroups.com: