What's the guest beer at TV's Rovers Return?

Joyce Whitchurch

Mar 17, 2008, 7:58:36 PM3/17/08
I keep seeing tantalising glimpses of interesting pump clips in Corra's
Rovers Return and can't make up my mind whether they're from Pictish or
Beartown or somewhere else. Has anyone here been sufficiently intrigued
to record an episode and study a frame in detail?
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge, UK
=================================

Tim

Mar 18, 2008, 9:35:37 AM3/18/08
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 23:58:36 +0000, Joyce Whitchurch wrote
(in message <2dSdnZvFnOExmELa...@bt.com>):

> I keep seeing tantalising glimpses of interesting pump clips in Corra's
> Rovers Return and can't make up my mind whether they're from Pictish or
> Beartown or somewhere else. Has anyone here been sufficiently intrigued
> to record an episode and study a frame in detail?

I can't say I've been up to the telly with a magnifying glass but I'm
sure I saw a Rooster a few months ago.

Roosters appear in the pub in "Echo Beach" btw.

MartinS

Mar 24, 2008, 9:54:11 PM3/24/08
Tim <spambego...@trash.com> wrote:

> Joyce Whitchurch wrote:
>
>> I keep seeing tantalising glimpses of interesting pump clips in Corra's
>> Rovers Return and can't make up my mind whether they're from Pictish or
>> Beartown or somewhere else. Has anyone here been sufficiently intrigued
>> to record an episode and study a frame in detail?
>
> I can't say I've been up to the telly with a magnifying glass but I'm
> sure I saw a Rooster a few months ago.
>
> Roosters appear in the pub in "Echo Beach" btw.

A few years ago, Corrie had a cross-promotion with J.W. Lees, a real
family-owned brewery in Manchester, and one pump had a clip for their
"John Willie's" Premium Bitter. (The other pump has always been Newton &
Ridley.) Lees must have dropped their sponsorship, because it was replaced
by "Booster", not Rooster, although it took me a long time to make it out.
About 3 or 4 months ago, a new clip appeared but I couldn't read it at
first because of the lettering style. But I have a big-screen TV, and it
suddenly became clear - it's "Nuttall's", from the brewery not 100 yards
away on Victoria Street, just down past Streetcars and Jerry's Kebab
place. All these years, and it's the first time I've seen it displayed in
The Rovers.

--
Martin S.