Re: Fulham Broadway station query

Arthur Figgis

Dec 11, 2018, 7:05:54 PM12/11/18
On 09/12/2018 18:26, Basil Jet wrote:
> On 09/12/2018 16:53, Recliner wrote:
>> Arthur Figgis <afi...@example.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
>>> sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
>>> nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
>>> recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).
>>>

>>> I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. >GBP4...
>>
>> Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower
>> than
>> the local competition.
>
> Why? Are they awful?

Variable. My definition of a crap place is that the only entry in the
GBG is a Spoons.

That one with staff wearing bodycams and drug dealers in the bogs is
very different to the one in a converted opera house.

For all their faults, they do have a minimum standard, and they do
reliably serve something resembling hot food without all the "FOOD
SERVED ALL DAY!!! [but not after 1pm or at weekends]" hassle of "proper"
pubs.

(all real ales at The George in Croydon are currently under GBP3)
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Kerr-Mudd,John

Dec 12, 2018, 4:43:50 AM12/12/18
On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 00:05:51 GMT, Arthur Figgis
South Wales prices are typically £2.15pp. Port Talbot maybe £1.89 still.

Airport/NEC 'spoon prices are always higher.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.

Offramp

Dec 12, 2018, 8:57:16 AM12/12/18
Because I like real ale, Wetherspoon's is ideal for me. They change their pumps regularly and have lots of different strengths. They also don't mind about changing a bad beer.

One cannot order real ale on the Wetherspoon app yet, unfortunately.