Smoothies

1 view

Malcolm Loades

Dec 29, 2021, 8:50:59 AM12/29/21
Smoothies are all new to me. Now I've been given a smoothie maker for
Christmas.

My beginner's question is must they be drunk immediately after making or
will they keep nutrients and colour if left for a few hours? The
recipes I've seen all suggest immediate consumption.

I ask because there is so much air whipped into them that the texture is
like foam. Is that what smoothies are all about, foamy smoothness? I
don't like it, the taste of the fruit mix is great but for me ruined by
the air.

I hope that the air my dissipate if the smoothie is left for sometime
without losing any of the goodness and colour.

Malcolm

Brian

Dec 29, 2021, 10:23:38 AM12/29/21
Our eldest went through a ‘healthy’ smoothie phase.

Senior Management even tried them- with bananas, something she normally
can’t stand.

I think the gadget is now lurking in the back of the cupboard.

Graham

Dec 29, 2021, 10:36:40 AM12/29/21
My son's family were "into" them to help with the morning chaos as they
got ready for work and the kids for high school. They burned out a
couple of blenders until they invested in a commercial model.
Graham