Blood oranges

Malcolm Loades

Jan 11, 2022, 7:17:16 AM1/11/22
It's that time of year again - blood orange season. I just love blood
oranges. Current favourite is blood orange slices in a dark syrup on
top of very creamy cold rice pudding. Or Greek yoghurt at a pinch. I
plan on making a blood orange polenta cake but what are your favourite
blood orange recipes?

Malcolm

Malcolm Loades

Jan 11, 2022, 7:39:06 AM1/11/22
Forgot to add that the blood oranges in caramel recipe is on my blog
here http://afoodiediary.com/blood-oranges-in-caramel-syrup/

The polenta cake recipe in which I'll substitute the oranges for blood
oranges is here http://afoodiediary.com/orange-polenta-cake/

Do any of the other recipes take your fancy?

Malcolm

Judith in France

Jan 11, 2022, 6:01:59 PM1/11/22
I don't have one Malcolm, can you give me one for limes as I have a few going spare?

Malcolm Loades

Jan 12, 2022, 5:56:00 AM1/12/22
How about making lime curd for a lime meringue pie?

Malcolm

Judith in France

Jan 12, 2022, 6:03:16 AM1/12/22
Lime curd, yes, but terribly fattening isn't it? I'm trying to eat sensibly, I am not overweight but if I exceed 1000 caloris a day I do put on weight!

Malcolm Loades

Jan 12, 2022, 7:31:35 AM1/12/22
On 12/01/2022 11:03, Judith in France wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at 10:56:00 UTC, Malcolm Loades wrote:

>>> I don't have one Malcolm, can you give me one for limes as I have a few going spare?
>>>
>> How about making lime curd for a lime meringue pie?
>>
>> Malcolm
>
> Lime curd, yes, but terribly fattening isn't it?

But isn't everything which is really nice? :-)

Malcolm

Judith in France

Jan 12, 2022, 6:35:45 PM1/12/22
yeah!

Chris Green

Jan 13, 2022, 4:48:05 AM1/13/22
No, I really don't like cakes and such things and I never have. My
grandson is exactly the same, he'll sometimes try sweets and such
because other children like them but he usually rejects them and moves
on to fruit.

--
Chris Green
·