Vacuum Sealing and boil in bag.

Brian

Apr 30, 2022, 8:05:42 AM4/30/22

I posted previously that I’ve become a fan of sous vide. I recently cooked
a chicken breast for my youngest using sous vide as, following Covid, she
can’t eat red meat and were were having lamb.

This led me to wonder about cooking chicken curry sous vide and, in turn,
to making individual portions which I would freeze after cooking -
unopened. Later I could use them when I go, for example, fishing.

The idea is, I could take one from the freezer - possibly the night before-
leave it sealed and reheat it in a pot of hot water.

Given the chicken etc is cooked, has been sealed, frozen, remained sealed,
and throughly reheated, should this be safe from a food poisoning aspect?

I’m also considering homemade soup, although I would make that in bulk, bag
in portions, and vacuum seal it in over sized bags to allow for expansion
while reheating.