(African?) Yams?

Brian

Feb 4, 2022, 2:37:24 PM2/4/22

While killing some time today having arrived early for an appointment, we
wandered along a local high street we rarely visit. It has acquired a
several interesting ethnic food shops, one of which seemed to be selling
logs.

I asked an assistant what they were - Yams came the answer, as if everyone
knew. I expect he will be drinking out on the story of the odd old boy who
didn’t know what a yam was for months.

Turning to Google, it seems they were African Yams ( I’m almost an expert
😒).

What I’m not sure about is recipes. I found several but it is difficult to
judge how good they are.

Has anyone tried cooking Africa Yams? They are the large one, with a tough
brown skin but while flesh.