sukhi palak?

Jean B.

Dec 1, 2012, 10:50:38 AM12/1/12
Hello... if anyone even looks here now. I am looking through a
newly acquired Sindhi cookbook and see reference to sukhi palak.
All of eight hits on google, after telling google that I do mean
sukhi palak and not Sukhi's Palak, although I am still getting
sukhi; palak. How irritating. I am hoping folks do peek in and
that someone will know what this is.

Thanks,

Jean B.

John Hall

Dec 1, 2012, 1:48:43 PM12/1/12
In article <ahun9v...@mid.individual.net>,
I'm afraid that I don't know what it is. One problem with Indian dishes
is that many seem to have variant spellings, and that may reduce the
number of hits. You could try searching separately on the two words in
the hope that that might throw up some clues (eg if one word is the main
ingredient and the other the method of cooking).
--
John Hall

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde

Jean B.

Dec 1, 2012, 7:44:28 PM12/1/12
John Hall wrote:
> In article <ahun9v...@mid.individual.net>,
> Jean B. <jb...@rcn.com> writes:
>> Hello... if anyone even looks here now. I am looking through a
>> newly acquired Sindhi cookbook and see reference to sukhi palak.
>> All of eight hits on google, after telling google that I do mean
>> sukhi palak and not Sukhi's Palak, although I am still getting sukhi;
>> palak. How irritating. I am hoping folks do peek in and that
>> someone will know what this is.
>
> I'm afraid that I don't know what it is. One problem with Indian dishes
> is that many seem to have variant spellings, and that may reduce the
> number of hits. You could try searching separately on the two words in
> the hope that that might throw up some clues (eg if one word is the main
> ingredient and the other the method of cooking).

Thanks, John. I was noticing that there were some unusual
spellings in that book, whether that is because the terms were not
in Hindi or because the book came out in the early 80s.

I suspect that a search on sukhi will get a lot of hits, because
it is also a name. Palak I already know. Or perhaps I should say
I THINK I know, because I sometimes see that applied to greens
besides spinach.

BTW, it is nice to see that someone actually looks here, and there
could be some legitimate activity (as vs. spam). This group was
once so vibrant!

W.A. Sawford

Dec 12, 2012, 11:34:47 AM12/12/12
On Sat, 1 Dec 2012, Jean B. wrote:

> John Hall wrote:
>> In article <ahun9v...@mid.individual.net>,
>> Jean B. <jb...@rcn.com> writes:
>>> Hello... if anyone even looks here now. I am looking through a
>>
>> I'm afraid that I don't know what it is. One problem with Indian dishes
>> is that many seem to have variant spellings, and that may reduce the
>> number of hits. You could try searching separately on the two words in
>> the hope that that might throw up some clues (eg if one word is the main
>> ingredient and the other the method of cooking).
>
> Thanks, John. I was noticing that there were some unusual spellings in that
> book, whether that is because the terms were not in Hindi or because the book
> came out in the early 80s.
>
> I suspect that a search on sukhi will get a lot of hits, because it is also a
> name. Palak I already know. Or perhaps I should say I THINK I know, because
> I sometimes see that applied to greens besides spinach.
>
> BTW, it is nice to see that someone actually looks here, and there could be
> some legitimate activity (as vs. spam). This group was once so vibrant!

Hello, I still look in here every now and then, and would be happy to do
so more often. I've never heard of Sukhi Palak - exactly what is it Jean?

Wendy

Jean B.

Jan 6, 2013, 8:24:33 PM1/6/13
Oooops, as you can see, I also look only occasionally. By now, I
need to remind myself of it!!!!! I will try to do so in the
relatively near future, Wendy.

Jean B.