Papal Degree Mill Quality Canard

Quincy Jessup

Apr 15, 2003, 10:25:29 PM4/15/03
Catholiks have succeeded in spreading the lie that
Catholik schools are better than public schools.
Why? Because they coerce kids to stay and graduate?
But what do they teach them? Latin? What good does
that
do? The way they tech, the kids forget - which is why
they have to be retaught math on the factory floor.
Their schools are just degree mills.
What else do they teach them? Casuistry? That's why
they
ruin accounting, law and computers by creating
needless bureaucracies and rulemongering (which they
subvert through mafias). Or do they learn coersion,
which is what their cults, labor unions and mafias are
so
good at? It is time to stop this lie because all their
schools do is creat a racist, anti-American, nazi
fifth column right here on American soil.

=====
Dred Scott by Catholik Rog Taney. John Wilkes Booth & most team = Catholiks (Georgetown
Cabal, Montreal = Confed base). Guilds (labor unions) invented by popes to suppress
Germany. Joe McCarthy = Catholik. JFK in Viet to save pope's Ky, Thieu, Diem. Catholiks = least
educated Americans. Catholiks shoot Chiapas Evangelicals. Hitler baptized Catholic. Patton prevented hanging
Pius XII so Catholik Donovan base CIA on Nazi. Abortion
is Catholik trick to overpopulate selves. New Orleans largest
Confed City was Catholik. New Deal appeased Ellis Isl Catholik offspring (Rerum Novarum)

http://search.yahoo.com

Bob Pease

Apr 16, 2003, 11:57:45 AM4/16/03

"Alberto Moreira" <junk...@moreira.mv.com> wrote in message
> Said Quincy Jessup <quincy...@yahoo.com> :
>
> >Catholiks...
>
> [snip...]
>
> This Catholic will indulge in feeding the troll.

> > have succeeded in spreading the lie that
> >Catholik schools are better than public schools.
>
> My Catholic school was not only better than American public schools,
> it was overwhelmingly better. And that happens with many Catholic
> schools I have had contact with.

snip.

I taught in Catholic High Schools for about ten years..
They have Identical standards to Public Scools, and require State
Certification, and have a higher proportion of M.A. than the public sector.
They are not the indoctrination camps that are satarized from the pop
stereotypes from the '50's.
If I have a criticism, it is that they are generally in two main categories.

1. Private college-prep schools for kids of Upper income status, who were
themselves from a second or third generation of European immigrants, with
who "Made it" in America.

2.
Holding instutions for Mexican-Americans who are being sent there by
desparate parents, hoping to springboard them into Anglo jobs and Social
climate.
(At Holy Family High School, we took kids who got kicked out of West High
School to get "Better Disclipine".. They usually were dropped from H.F. for
non attendance also.)

Actually, we had a bipolar student body of types 1, and 2, with the School
being run by Parish Bigwigs form affluent suburban Parishes.
As far as religious "Indoctrination" there was practically none, except for
a "Father Bob" type mumbling stuff about how "Cool" C.S. Lewis was, or A
"lay" religion teacher who used to wear "Death from the skies 86th
Airbourne" t-shirts and said the Golden rule should be
"Do unto others..only do it first"

Yet they still assent to the Authority of the Church and many remain
"Practicing Catholics throughout life"
but they sure don't get much Religion at School.

NONE of the kids in my Physics class could tell me anything about the
Doctrine of "Transubstantiation", but said that the Eucharist was REALLY the
Body and Blood of Jesus, and it's something that you're just supposed to
take on Faith..And could we please discuss Physics??"

But Mr. Jessup is definitely talking from a paper anal diaphragm, while I
think that Alberto is overstating the quality issue a bit.

Pope Bobby II

alice whiterabbit

Apr 16, 2003, 2:38:34 PM4/16/03

"Bob Pease" <bobp...@concentric.net> wrote in message
> I attended Catholic schools for 14 years.
I tend to agree with Alberto.
This was back in the 50's and 60's.
Back then, Catholic schools consistantly scored higher on tests than did
their public counterparts.
Although, I feel both were better back then.
I have to laugh now when I hear some teacher complain because he/she has 20
students and no teachers aid!
When I was attending Catholic school (babyboomer) we always had 54 kids in
one class and only 1 nun- but we learned!
The discipline was so strict!
Those nuns would call your parents in a New York minute!
And... those hidious uniforms! uhg!
Funny how I changed my mind about uniforms when I became a mom!
No arguements about wardrobe!
We did have religious teachings.
8 a.m. Mass every day
Religion class.
etc.
Lot's of praying
Morning
Before Lunch and recess
After Lunch and recess
and at 3 p.m.
I don't consider this to have been an indoctrination camp.
It was Catholic education- plain and simple
Catholic parents sending Catholic kids to Catholic school- period.
In my opinion, todays schools are indoctrination camps- pc doctrination
camps.
Catholic schools have gone pc!
and Catholic schools have gone downhill!
They are less about Catholic education and more about Social Services!
It's a shame!
jill(alice whiterabbit)

alice whiterabbit

Apr 16, 2003, 3:16:53 PM4/16/03

"alice whiterabbit" <g...@compuage.com> wrote in message
> And... those (hidious) uniforms! uhg!
> (Hideous) - learned to read using phonics- never could spell worth a damn!
lol!

Funny how I changed my mind about uniforms when I became a mom!
> No arguements about wardrobe!
> We did have religious teachings.
> 8 a.m. Mass every day
> Religion class.
> etc.
>( Lot's) of praying
(LOTS) they really did teach us contractions and the meaning thereof!>

Joe

Apr 16, 2003, 4:45:55 PM4/16/03

"Bob Pease" <bobp...@concentric.net> wrote in message

Where I live a lot of the catholic grade schools are deemed superior then
the local public schools. Maybe in the rough areas,
but in the middle class areas and schools that I know of this isn't exactly
true. The grade school teachers are grossly underpaid. This tends
to attract a lot of new teachers who leave in a year or two when something
higher paying shows up. Or you get a lot of local moms(parents) who end up
teaching. The catholic grade schools(again in the area that I live in) have
huge athletic programs when compared to the public system, but really lack
any resources for kids that need
academic help. Also their is little or no training to spot or to test kids
that need special attention, i.e. add, etc.
And yes Bob you won't find many kids that can discuss "transubstantiation"
but the more general concepts are drilled into their little brains on a
daily basis, without the diversity
of beliefs and faiths, or lack of, that you will find in the public system.
And while many,most? kids do not become hardcore r.c.'s many of them still
kind of hang around, pay lip service to the sacraments and donate on a
weekly basis.

David Eduardo

Apr 16, 2003, 6:21:05 PM4/16/03

"Quincy Jessup" <quincy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Catholiks have succeeded in spreading the lie that
> Catholik schools are better than public schools.

I will feed the troll, also. Maybe it will binge and die.

My daughters all went to Catholic schools. Their individual SAT's and the
average SAT's of their graduating classes were considerably higher than that
of the equivalent public schools.

> Why? Because they coerce kids to stay and graduate?

No, they educate them. Educated people make better decisions than uneducated
ones.

> But what do they teach them? Latin? What good does
> that
> do?

No, none of them "learned" Latin, although all of them had a semester of
Latin and one of Greek. The objective is not to be alble to understand Latin
Mass; it is to have a better command of contemporary languages.

The one who took Latin was their father. I had five years of it; I went to a
private non-secular school where it was considered part of a good education
to be able to read Julius Caesar and Cicero.

> The way they tech, the kids forget - which is why
> they have to be retaught math on the factory floor.

Hmm. One of my kids has an MBA in finance, the other is an attorney. The
final one is in her second year of marketing. None plans to visit a factory
floor unless it is for an audit, a lawsuit or to see how the product is
made.

> Their schools are just degree mills.

Evidence? You are blathering.

> What else do they teach them? Casuistry? That's why
> they
> ruin accounting, law and computers by creating
> needless bureaucracies and rulemongering (which they
> subvert through mafias).

And blathering...

> Or do they learn coersion,
> which is what their cults, labor unions and mafias are
> so
> good at? It is time to stop this lie because all their
> schools do is creat a racist, anti-American, nazi
> fifth column right here on American soil.

And blathering.

Good bigots at least post some twisted evidence. You can't even do that.

alice whiterabbit

Apr 16, 2003, 6:40:30 PM4/16/03

"David Eduardo" <amd...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> "Quincy Jessup" <quincy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Catholiks have succeeded in spreading the lie that
> > Catholik schools are better than public schools.
>
> I will feed the troll, also. Maybe it will binge and die.
>
> My daughters all went to Catholic schools. Their individual SAT's and the
> average SAT's of their graduating classes were considerably higher than
that
> of the equivalent public schools.
>
> > Why? Because they coerce kids to stay and graduate?
>
> No, they educate them. Educated people make better decisions than
uneducated
> ones.
>
> > But what do they teach them? Latin? What good does
> > that
> > do?
>
> No, none of them "learned" Latin, although all of them had a semester of
> Latin and one of Greek. The objective is not to be alble to understand
Latin
> Mass; it is to have a better command of contemporary languages.

That is absolutely correct, David.
The Latin and Greek of akademeia, of which we in Catholic school all
partook, was to "round us out" not only academically but socially as well.
The Latin of the Roman classics differs somewhat from liturgical Latin.
jill(alice whiterabbit)

Tiny Human Ferret

Apr 17, 2003, 7:52:59 PM4/17/03
alice whiterabbit wrote:

<snips Catholic School>

> And... those hidious uniforms! uhg!

Um, Catholic Schoolgirl Outfits are considered a big turn-on in certain
nightclub circles.

True enough, and maybe not that weird, as long as whoever wears it is
certified as old enough to drink in a bar.

--
Be kind to your neighbors, even | "Global domination, of course!"
though they be transgenic chimerae. | -- The Brain