literacy hour

Adrian Collinson

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
(within key stage 1 + 2).

Kathrine

Scaramouche

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
In article <7j32ka$1q6$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Adrian Collinson
<Gan...@tolkein.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>

>Kathrine

Why?
--
Scaramouche

SLieber24

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>>(within key stage 1 + 2).

Stinks.

Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.

J-P

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
Yeah,it's a load of pants!!! (at least it is when they are only 4 years old)
.Suggest a little tighter request as we are all nice and helpfull really (I
think)). J-P
SLieber24 <slie...@aol.comNoSpam> wrote in message

J-P

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
And another thing! Why are you called Adrian Collinson but sign yourself
Kathrine? J-P
Adrian Collinson <Gan...@tolkein.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
> (within key stage 1 + 2).
>

> Kathrine

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

Rubbish

Creative Internet Research and Devlopment

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:54:20 +0100, "Adrian Collinson"
<Gan...@tolkein.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

A complete waste of time

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

Not worth the paper its printed on

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:54:20 +0100, "Adrian Collinson"
<Gan...@tolkein.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

a con

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

boring

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

Mediocre

@?@

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999 11:54:20 +0100, "Adrian Collinson"
<Gan...@tolkein.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>(within key stage 1 + 2).

*!£***(&^%^

Liz Crewe

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
In article <19990602122341...@ng-fp1.aol.com>, SLieber24
<slie...@aol.comNoSpam> writes

>>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>>>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>
>Stinks.
How typically kind and supportive. A new ng contributor, and Sandi
hurls abuse.

--
Liz Crewe

greebo

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as @?@ wrote this, as you can see.....

>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>>

>Mediocre

So - a big success, then?

--
greebo to reply: remove big head

Holiday Home for Pets Pie Company Ltd. http://greebo.iscool.net

Roger :o

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:27:20 GMT, ew...@netcomuk.co.uk (@?@) wrote:

>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>>

>Mediocre

Who is this decisive @ I like the cut of his/her jib. We need people
like that in here. Witty, concise and on target.
Stand and be recognised @ there's no need to be any mouse in here.
Roger :o)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
mailto:roger@wats0n(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk
Join the Staffroom Web Ring
http://www.wats0n.freeserve.co.uk
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

dawn

Jun 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/2/99
SLieber24 writes

>>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy hour
>>>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>
>Stinks.

Boring?
Too much, too hard, too little time.
--
dawn

Fiona

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

Someone wrote in message ...

>How come you can post at 11.54am?

Maybe another dissertation! I'm posting at 12.05am because I've just been
doing my waitressing bit - excellent tips tonight!

I know I'm a bit wet behind the ears on the teaching side of things but I
don't like the literacy hour either - a total mind numbing experience. I
did however enjoy teaching the Numeracy hour on my final practice - but it
didn't differ greatly from how I taught maths previously.

Fiona

J-P

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Possibly because it is half-term in some places!!!!!!!! you must be tired
and overworked!! :) J-P
Fiona <fea...@mistral.co.uk> wrote in message

Peter Mac

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

SLieber24 wrote in message
<19990602122341...@ng-fp1.aol.com>...

>>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy
hour
>>>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>
>Stinks.

Staff at school where I chair the GB are very enthusiastic and after a
sceptical initial stance are fully behind it - It has shown
considerable and swift advances in reading ages not seen by even the
most experienced of the school's staff before -perhaps the reason they
are so pro literacy hour is that we as a GB were able to resource the
non-contact time for the co-ordinator to take the pain out of LH
planning for the other staff. We are planning the same for numeracy
strategy too.

Peter Mac
Reminding staffroom colleagues that he is only the bringer of said
tidings and politely requesting not to be shot.

Peter Mac

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

J-P wrote in message <7j3r54$2g8$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Yeah,it's a load of pants!!! (at least it is when they are only 4
years old)

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the LH only compulsory for pupils
in KS1 and don't they only formally enter KS 1 at compulsory school
age ( 5 years old ?)

Peter Mac
Puzzled

Peter Mac

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Why have you used five postings to say what could easily have been
encapsulated in one coherent response ?

Peter Mac
Annoyed at people who waste downloading time with multiple posts

@?@ wrote in message <375c7646...@news.netcomuk.co.uk>...

>>I would gladly appreciate any comments with regards to the literacy
hour
>>(within key stage 1 + 2).
>>

>Mediocre

Fiona

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

J-P wrote in message <7j5j04$lpf$1...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Possibly because it is half-term in some places!!!!!!!! you must be tired
>and overworked!! :) J-P

Perhaps a little

Just finishing off my last assignment (subject...'how parents can support
literacy!)
Last day of the course tomorrow :o))
and tomorrow night... a large bucket will be present by the side of my
bed!!!

Fiona

Chris

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Someone wrote:

> Take no notice of these comments by eweb. He/she is not
> even a currently
> serving teacher.

I'm sure his/her class will be most surprised to hear that.
Still, let us not allow facts to spoil a good story.

> Just an anonymous spammer who wrecked our chatroom by
> installing a robot to control it.

Hmmm. "spammer"? "wrecked"? Powerful use of language. Are
you sure the Literacy Hour hasn't rubbed off on you ?

> I will give you my opinion of the literacy hour for year 5.
> It is...

<snip>

Well all I can suggest is that you are doing it wrong.

My children, both class and Literacy Set, are motivated and
enthusiatic when it comes to the LH. They appreciate the
range of material and the bite-size pieces it is in.

They find they are able to progress at a challenging rate, show
what they can achieve both in independent work and in guided
time and use their acquired skills across the curriculum.

I have seen the majority progress in leaps and bounds during
the year, and after initial personal doubts I am confident and
enthusiatic in my teaching of the LH. Could this be the
difference ?

Normally I would recommend the excellent site
http://welcome.to/literacy for Year 5 resources, but it is
currently being revamped prior to moving to a new provider :-)

However there is a pointer there to the excellent Staffroom
Webring where others have Literacy sites to aid colleagues.

While I am at this 'ere posting lark, I would like to take this
opportunity to say hello to all my "chatroom" <sic> friends.

We now return you to the scheduled lunacy.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Anyone know of any pages about canals ? :o)

SLieber24

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
>>Stinks.
>How typically kind and supportive. A new ng contributor, and Sandi
>hurls abuse.

Not abuse. That's my comment on the Literacy Hour... ;-)

SLieber24

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

>>Stinks.
>>
>Boring?
>Too much, too hard, too little time.

How about - doesn't teach them how to read. Doesn't teach them how to
comprehend even when they can read. But it does give them loads of useless
vocabulary - like onset, rime, alliteration, allegory, glossary...you know,
stuff that will really be a help when they need to fill out that job
application...

*sigh*

SLieber24

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
>SLieber24 writes

>>Stinks.
>>
>Boring?
>Too much, too hard, too little time.

Oh, I forgot: it also leaves kids unable to meet with the teacher individually
or in small groups four days a week. Basically, they're doing paperwork for 20
minutes a day, four days a week - not being taught anything.

eweb

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

>Take no notice of these comments by eweb. He/she is not even a currently
>serving teacher. Just an anonymous spammer who wrecked our chatroom by

>installing a robot to control it.

Please ensure that you get your facts straight before posting messages
like this on USENET.

(1) How do you know that I am not a currently serving teacher?

(2) Your chatroom was not wrecked. I even did the polite thing and
moved mr`chips when asked. I can't see how that makes me an anonymous
spammer. mr`chips was only brought into the #staffroom to use up some
spare bandwidth, not to 'wreck' anything. Besides who owns a channel
on IRC anyway? I did the most polite thing, and yet I find that you
persist in making abusive comments.

If you have any problems with the above, then please message me at
ew...@netcomuk.co.uk, and refrain from making abusive statements on
this newsgroup.

Creative Internet Research and Development

Robert Chrismas

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
slie...@aol.comNoSpam (SLieber24) wrote:

> How about - doesn't teach them how to read. Doesn't teach them how to
> comprehend even when they can read. But it does give them loads of useless

> vocabulary - like onset, [snip]

Probably out of place here, but what's an "onset" in this context please?

Robert Chrismas e-mail : chrismas at argonet.co.uk

J-P

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Technically wrong. And that is why Its a complete muddle at Yr R level. By
the Summer term most children are 5 and its then that the NC should be
taught. i.e. DLO's for most of the yr ,then NC KS1!? And then there is the
fundamental point that the children need to be totally reafdy for NLP and
NLH by the time they walk inti Yr 1 in September~ they had better be used to
both "hours"!!
And all this does not mean I think any of this is right:- it's just the way
it is!!!
I would welcome the input/opinions on this

Smile... It's easier!! Love J-P

Peter Mac <pmcgu...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

J-P

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
This is all getting a little fraught.. J-P (not involved in any way at
all)
eweb <ew...@netcomuk.co.uk> wrote in message

Peter Mac

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

J-P wrote in message <7j6gmn$d8m$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Technically wrong. And that is why Its a complete muddle at Yr R
level. By
>the Summer term most children are 5 and its then that the NC should
be
>taught. i.e. DLO's for most of the yr ,then NC KS1!?

I may be wrong but I feel fairly sure that our school is not teaching
LH to YR as I have a daughter in that class. Are you suggesting we are
breaking the law ?

> And then there is the fundamental point that the children need to be
totally reafdy for NLP and NLH by the time they walk inti Yr 1 in
September~ they had better be used to
>both "hours"!!

Which is the second hour - are you referring to the National Numeracy
Strategy as I thought this was not time limited to an hour as such ?

Peter Mac
Whose school staff remain puzzled by the animosity directed towards LH
by many teachers

greebo

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Someone wrote this, as you can see.....

>The worst part about it is, the way you can only give them 20 minutes to do
>their work, and they take 15 mins to settle down. None of my class' group
>work is EVER finished, unless it is too easy and they mess about for the
>last 8 minutes or so.
This all sounds terribly familiar. What about the theoretical practice
of working exclusively with one group and giving them your undivided
attention, apart from taking your attention away every 30 seconds to
scan the room, deal with any urgent problems or to say to someone on an
adjacent table, "That's a very neat date that you've spent ten minutes
writing, now let's see if you can start the work...."

>Their English books are filled with dates and titles
>and nothing else.
Funny you should say that....

greebo

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Chris wrote this, as you can see.....

> let us not allow facts to spoil a good story.
That's always been *my* motto!

>Someone wrote:
>> Just an anonymous spammer who wrecked our chatroom by
>> installing a robot to control it.
But I thought the robot had had its chips, now?

>My children, both class and Literacy Set, are motivated and
>enthusiatic when it comes to the LH. They appreciate the
>range of material and the bite-size pieces it is in.
Sounds as if you're putting words into their mouths.

> after initial personal doubts I am confident and
>enthusiatic in my teaching of the LH. Could this be the
>difference ?
Maybe a lot depends on the training provided in each LEA and the
attitudes of the LH co-ordinators in each school?

[sip]

>pointer there to the excellent Staffroom Webring
Arghh!!! Don't mention the Staffroom web ring, or the dynamic duo will
come and tell you off for being a boring prat. As if repeatedly making
that same pathetic point doesn't in itself qualify for boring prat
status.

>While I am at this 'ere posting lark, I would like to take this
>opportunity to say hello to all my "chatroom" <sic> friends.
Well, I hope they all get better soon.

>Regards,
>Chris.

>Anyone know of any pages about canals ? :o)
Oh.... you were interested in canal matters?

I thought you said "carnal"......

Chris

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
greebo wrote:

> Chris wrote

> >My children, both class and Literacy Set, are motivated and
> >enthusiatic when it comes to the LH. They appreciate the
> >range of material and the bite-size pieces it is in.

> Sounds as if you're putting words into their mouths.

Are you serious ? Are you suggesting I don't know what they like ?
or is this a pun on bite-sized. If so, you missed the smiley.

> Maybe a lot depends on the training provided in each LEA and the
> attitudes of the LH co-ordinators in each school?

Agreed. But the attitude at the front can really matter.

Regards,

Chris.

--
Anyone know of any pages about buses ? :o)

Chris

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
greebo wrote:

> or to say to someone on an
> adjacent table, "That's a very neat date that you've spent ten minutes
> writing, now let's see if you can start the work...."

This may be a stupid question, but why bother with the date then ?

Regards,

Chris.

__
Anyone know of any pages about bobs ?

GarethFord

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Robert Chrismas wrote:
>Probably out of place here, but what's an "onset" in this context please?

As in onset and rime.

The onset is the initial sound in a word which is formed by a consonant or a
consonant blend. e.g. CLap has cl as its onset.
The rime part is the AP.

- Gareth
------
*Gareth Pitchford's Primary Resources* for Primary teachers
@ http://www.garethford.freeserve.co.uk
Art activities, cartoon resources, English ideas (including the Literacy linked
English Homework sheets), Maths ideas and more.
-----

dawn

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Someone Writes

>The worst part about it is, the way you can only give them 20 minutes to do
>their work, and they take 15 mins to settle down. None of my class' group
>work is EVER finished, unless it is too easy and they mess about for the

>last 8 minutes or so. Their English books are filled with dates and titles
>and nothing else.

I agree, and getting the other groups to settle prevents you from giving
your focus group their individual (i.e. one sixth) time with you.

>And it doesn't teach them how to do dusting, either.

This is a life skill which I feel we should teach children.
That, and how to decorate, are important things which are totally absent
from the NC in any form :)
--
dawn

Robert Chrismas

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
garet...@aol.comeOnIn (GarethFord) wrote:

> Robert Chrismas wrote:
> >Probably out of place here, but what's an
> "onset" in this context please?
>
> As in onset and rime.
>
> The onset is the initial sound in a word which
> is formed by a consonant or a consonant blend.
> e.g. CLap has cl as its onset.
> The rime part is the AP.

Ah. For years I've spoken and written English without
needing to know that.

I seem to recall my teachers explaining alliteration
without using the term. In fact I still recall one of
the examples : the "furrow followed free" - whatever
that meant!

I've no experience or training in teaching early
literacy, but I can't see that it's a very important
term for children to know; which is not to say that
the idea isn't important.

I think I'm having an onset of pedantry again.

greebo

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Robert Chrismas wrote this, as you can see.....

>slie...@aol.comNoSpam (SLieber24) wrote:
>
>> How about - doesn't teach them how to read. Doesn't teach them how to
>> comprehend even when they can read. But it does give them loads of useless
>> vocabulary - like onset, [snip]
>
>Probably out of place here, but what's an "onset" in this context please?

To do with printing, I think.

Opposite of "offset"...

:o)

greebo

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Chris wrote this, as you can see.....
>greebo wrote:
>> Chris wrote
>. They appreciate the
>> >range of material and the bite-size pieces it is in.
>> Sounds as if you're putting words into their mouths.
>
>Are you serious ? Are you suggesting I don't know what they like ?
>or is this a pun on bite-sized.
Serious, moi? Shirley Knott! Somebody's being touchy tonight! :o)
More beer. I think, Chris. :o)

>If so, you missed the smiley.

Sorry. Here it is now:

.""""""""""""".
. .
.-< o >- -< o >-.
. | .
. | /_\ | .
. |\ /| .
. \ ~\____/~ / .
. \________/ .
. .
. . . . . .

greebo

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Chris wrote this, as you can see.....
>greebo wrote:
>>
>> or to say to someone on an
>> adjacent table, "That's a very neat date that you've spent ten minutes
>> writing, now let's see if you can start the work...."
>
>This may be a stupid question, but why bother with the date then ?
This may be a stupid answer, but - School Policy.
Believe it or not I got told off for not making the children write the
date on worksheets. I usually get them to write it numerically now to
save time.

>Regards,
>
>Chris.
>__
>Anyone know of any pages about bobs ?

http://www.gobsmack.demon.co.uk/bobs.htm now you come to mention it.
:o)

Corinne Brooks

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
In article <7j6hcl$1a1$1...@news1.cableinet.co.uk>, Peter Mac
<pmcgu...@hotmail.com> writes

>J-P wrote in message <7j6gmn$d8m$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...
>>Technically wrong. And that is why Its a complete muddle at Yr R
>level. By
>>the Summer term most children are 5 and its then that the NC should
>be
>>taught. i.e. DLO's for most of the yr ,then NC KS1!?
>
>I may be wrong but I feel fairly sure that our school is not teaching
>LH to YR as I have a daughter in that class. Are you suggesting we are
>breaking the law ?

At my training day the other week they said that you don't have to teach
the Literacy hour at any age. In fact a local school had justified not
using it to an Ofsted inspector and passed with flying colours. IE if
your system works then you don't have to change to LH. You just might
have to justify yourself to an inspector.

--
Corinne Brooks To reply change ook to uk
www.quizlady.freeserve.co.uk www.staffroom.freeserve.co.uk

Cannot locate coffee...operator halted...out of chocolate error...please
reboot universe.

Growing Old is Mandatory.... But ... Growing up is Optional!

Liz Crewe

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
In article <Rzp18aAB...@quizlady.freeserve.co.uk>, Corinne Brooks
<Cor...@staffroom.freeserve.co.ook> writes

>In article <7j6hcl$1a1$1...@news1.cableinet.co.uk>, Peter Mac
><pmcgu...@hotmail.com> writes
snip

>>I may be wrong but I feel fairly sure that our school is not teaching
>>LH to YR as I have a daughter in that class. Are you suggesting we are
>>breaking the law ?
>>
>At my training day the other week they said that you don't have to teach
>the Literacy hour at any age. In fact a local school had justified not
>using it to an Ofsted inspector and passed with flying colours. IE if
>your system works then you don't have to change to LH. You just might
>have to justify yourself to an inspector.

Cue, Sandi...
--
Liz Crewe

Jaymac

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99

Chris wrote in message <3756D96A...@nospam.proz.ac>...

>Anyone know of any pages about bobs ?

You could always try this one;-)

http://www.sharmans.demon.co.uk

Jx

J-P

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
There is a degree of leniency,particularly with the Numeracy hour starting
in September . iwould suggest getting early Years curriculum/planning ok'd
by relevant LEA early Yrs and literacy/Numeracy inspectors.. Better safe
than sorry! Regards J-P

> J-P wrote in message <7j6gmn$d8m$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> >Technically wrong. And that is why Its a complete muddle at Yr R
> level. By
> >the Summer term most children are 5 and its then that the NC should
> be
> >taught. i.e. DLO's for most of the yr ,then NC KS1!?
>
> I may be wrong but I feel fairly sure that our school is not teaching
> LH to YR as I have a daughter in that class. Are you suggesting we are
> breaking the law ?

tuppence

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Chris wrote in message <3756D96A...@nospam.proz.ac>...

>__

>Anyone know of any pages about bobs ?

No, but I'm sure I could work it in to the Tuppence page somewhere :)

2d

http://www.bigwig.net/tuppence/

tuppence

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
greebo wrote in message ...

>As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
>That being known as Chris wrote this, as you can see.....
>>__
>>Anyone know of any pages about bobs ?
>
>http://www.gobsmack.demon.co.uk/bobs.htm now you come to mention it.

Wow Greebs, I'd have recognised that Newcomen engine anywhere - seem to
remember drawing one more than once at school but I've never seen a
photo before... thanks :)

2d

GarethFord

Jun 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/3/99
Gertie DeSomeone wrote:
>I fort rime meant like in clap and crap and scrap - and had just got spelt
>wrong.

You may joke however when one of my friends went on Teaching Practise their
school tore them apart for "spelling rhyme wrong... I've never heard of this
rime rubbish!" :-)

Actually onset and rime is probably one of the MORE useful things to know
that's in the Literacy Hour framework.

tuppence

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Someone wrote in message ...
>In article <19990603153612...@ngol04.aol.com>,

>garet...@aol.comeOnIn (GarethFord) wrote:
>> As in onset and rime.
>>
>> The onset is the initial sound in a word which is formed by a
consonant or
>> consonant blend. e.g. CLap has cl as its onset.
>> The rime part is the AP.
>

>I fort rime meant like in clap and crap and scrap - and had just got
spelt
>wrong.

Isn't that how Coleridge spelled it?

_I_ fort rime was what you got on frosty mornings.

2d

tuppence

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Someone wrote in message ...
>--
>Chris de Prozac

Gosh how confusing!

Fort u woz bob for a minute there...

2d

paul

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <19990603121204...@ng-bd1.aol.com>, SLieber24
<slie...@aol.comNoSpam> scribbled

>>>Stinks.
>>>
>>Boring?
>>Too much, too hard, too little time.
>
>How about - doesn't teach them how to read. Doesn't teach them how to
>comprehend even when they can read. But it does give them loads of useless
>vocabulary - like onset, rime, alliteration, allegory, glossary...you know,
>stuff that will really be a help when they need to fill out that job
>application...
>
>*sigh*

And my next INSET day is on the LT.

And I'm secondary school. Can't wait to see my old Linguistics tutor to
tell her she's next on the list. <Cackle>
--
paul

paul

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <19990603153612...@ngol04.aol.com>, GarethFord
<garet...@aol.comeOnIn> scribbled

>Robert Chrismas wrote:
>>Probably out of place here, but what's an "onset" in this context please?
>
>As in onset and rime.
>
>The onset is the initial sound in a word which is formed by a consonant or a
>consonant blend. e.g. CLap has cl as its onset.
>The rime part is the AP.
>

>-
Has Gareth been on Amoxycilin, I ask myself?

And if he has, should the rest of us be connecting with him?

<ducks>
--
paul

paul

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <na.df99a9490c...@also.on.prozac>, Someone
<som...@also.on.prozac> scribbled
>My present literacy hour problem - being aired on another ng - is.......
>
>*Underline the verb in this sentence....(one of several other sentences)
> 'She is going to fall.'
>
>Any help?
>
>If fall is not the verb, what is it?
>
>I have had a variety of answers - but no agreement. (haha)
>
>* from Stupid things to do in a recently published literacy resource text.

Predicate that one!
--
paul

paul

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <na.148b31490c....@argonet.co.uk>, Robert Chrismas
<chri...@argonet.co.uk> scribbled

>I've no experience or training in teaching early
>literacy, but I can't see that it's a very important
>term for children to know; which is not to say that
>the idea isn't important.
>
>I think I'm having an onset of pedantry again.

FE & HE next, mate :-)
--
paul

paul

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <375cbd57...@news.netcomuk.co.uk>, eweb
<ew...@netcomuk.co.uk> scribbled

>>Take no notice of these comments by eweb. He/she is not even a currently
>>serving teacher. Just an anonymous spammer who wrecked our chatroom by

>>installing a robot to control it.
>>

>Please ensure that you get your facts straight before posting messages
>like this on USENET.
>
>(1) How do you know that I am not a currently serving teacher?
>
>(2) Your chatroom was not wrecked. I even did the polite thing and
>moved mr`chips when asked. I can't see how that makes me an anonymous
>spammer. mr`chips was only brought into the #staffroom to use up some
>spare bandwidth, not to 'wreck' anything. Besides who owns a channel
>on IRC anyway? I did the most polite thing, and yet I find that you
>persist in making abusive comments.
>
>If you have any problems with the above, then please message me at
>ew...@netcomuk.co.uk, and refrain from making abusive statements on
>this newsgroup.

Bunfight?

Can I play? I've been good for almost a week now.
--
paul

eweb

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 00:16:10 BST, Someone
<som...@argo60SECSnet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <375cbd57...@news.netcomuk.co.uk>, ew...@netcomuk.co.uk

>(eweb) wrote:
>> I did the most polite thing, and yet I find that you
>> persist in making abusive comments.
>

>EXACTLY!!!
>
>Why do you suppose I was demoted to cleaner? So I could act as spokesperson
>for the other cleanres!!!

>> If you have any problems with the above, then please message me at
>> ew...@netcomuk.co.uk, and refrain from making abusive statements on
>> this newsgroup.
>

>Abusive?? ABUSIVE???? you are a troll!!!
>
>Ha!!!!
>
>Gimme my five quid, quick.

I repeat my previous statement - If you have any problems with the

above, then please message me at ew...@netcomuk.co.uk, and refrain from
making abusive statements on this newsgroup.

Creative Internet Research and Development

The Baron

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On 03 Jun, Chris <ch...@nospam.proz.ac> put fingers to keyboard and
created:

> If so, you missed the smiley.

So did you - I've just checked and there isn't one (at least not until a
later paragraph!)

BAron F
Comp tech

--
___ _ _ _ _ _
| |_| |_ |_> |_| |_> | | |\ | aka Keith Meredith - Great Houghton
| | | |_ |_> | | | \ |_| | \| IT Co-ordinator Prep School
Home of the gerbil-powered laptop www.ghps.northants.sch.uk

The Baron

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On 03 Jun, J-P <j...@trojans.freeserve.co.uk> put fingers to keyboard and
created:

> iwould suggest getting early Years curriculum/planning ok'd
> by relevant LEA early Yrs and literacy/Numeracy inspectors

It's a bit much coming into the staff room over half term for a quiet
top-up of banda to find all this heavy-weight natter about curriculum and
literacy and inspectors. Is this anything to do with the Trunchbull woman?

Peter Mac

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99

J-P wrote in message <7j70rd$smq$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>There is a degree of leniency,particularly with the Numeracy hour
starting
>in September

<snip>

You're not supposed to call it the 'Numeracy Hour' haven't you been on
your Numeracy strategy LEA conference :-)

Peter Mac
An out and out pedant sometimes

Jaymac

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99

Someone wrote in message ...
>In article <na.148b31490c....@argonet.co.uk>, Robert Chrismas
><chri...@argonet.co.uk> wrote about alliteration:

>> I can't see that it's a very important term for children to know; which
>> is not to say that the idea isn't important.
>
>I agree 100% with that Robert - I didn't learn that term until at least 3rd
>yr in grammar skule.
>
>I have serious trouble with explaining the difference between simile and
>metaphor myself. I only vaguely know the difference myself - what does it
>matter? I can use them until the air turns blue, comes as naturally as a
>fish to water - but have to think hard which is which and even harder to
>differentiate them for 9 yr olds who barely recognise a verb when it jumps
>off a plate in front of them.
>--
>Chris de Prozac

And have you seen the definition of metaphor in the NLF glossary? Clear as
mud!

Jx

paul

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <7j8hm7$opr$4...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Jaymac <Jay...@ashbyuk.fr
eeserve.co.uk> scribbled
Simile. :-)
--
paul

Robert Chrismas

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
The Baron <baron.fra...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> On 03 Jun, J-P <j...@trojans.freeserve.co.uk> put fingers to keyboard and
> created:
> > iwould suggest getting early Years curriculum/planning ok'd
> > by relevant LEA early Yrs and literacy/Numeracy inspectors
>
> It's a bit much coming into the staff room over half term for a quiet
> top-up of banda to find all this heavy-weight natter about curriculum and
> literacy and inspectors. Is this anything to do with the Trunchbull
> woman?

I think I saw her eating some NC documents before half term.

Robert Chrismas

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
garet...@aol.comeOnIn (GarethFord) wrote:

> Gertie DeSomeone wrote:
> >I fort rime meant like in clap and crap and scrap -
> > and had just got spelt wrong.
>
> You may joke however when one of my friends went on
> Teaching Practise their school tore them apart for
> "spelling rhyme wrong... I've never heard of this
> rime rubbish!" :-)
>
> Actually onset and rime is probably one of the MORE
> useful things to know that's in the Literacy Hour
> framework.

So is rime the same as rhyme (except that it's spelt
differently)?

If not, what's rime please?

I feel like that chap who went around boasting that
he'd just discovered that he'd been speaking prose
all his life.

Robert Chrismas

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Someone <som...@also.on.prozac> wrote:
> My present literacy hour problem -
> being aired on another ng - is.......
>
> *Underline the verb in this sentence...
> (one of several other sentences)
> 'She is going to fall.'
>
> Any help?
>
> If fall is not the verb, what is it?
>
> I have had a variety of answers - but no agreement. (haha)

I think the main verb is "is going".

George Flinter

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <na.84f463490c....@argonet.co.uk>, Robert Chrismas
<chri...@argonet.co.uk> writes

>If not, what's rime please?

salty little waves.

>I feel like that chap who went around boasting that
>he'd just discovered that he'd been speaking prose
>all his life.

in something by Moliere
--
George

tuppence

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99

Robert Chrismas wrote in message ...

>Someone <som...@also.on.prozac> wrote:
>> My present literacy hour problem -
>> being aired on another ng - is.......
>>
>> *Underline the verb in this sentence...
>> (one of several other sentences)
>> 'She is going to fall.'
>>
>> Any help?
>>
>> If fall is not the verb, what is it?
>>
>> I have had a variety of answers - but no agreement. (haha)
>
>I think the main verb is "is going".

Isn't it 'is going to fall'?

It'll be the future perfect tense or summat shurely?

2d

George Flinter

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
In article <qmV53.22732$fG.1...@nnrp3.clara.net>, tuppence
<tupp...@pTHEUSUALmail.net> writes

>Isn't it 'is going to fall'?
>
>It'll be the future perfect tense or summat shurely?

future perfect would be the compound 'will have fallen'.

so it's future.

--
George

Roger :o

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:43:04 BST, Robert Chrismas
<chri...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>Someone <som...@also.on.prozac> wrote:
>> My present literacy hour problem -
>> being aired on another ng - is.......
>>
>> *Underline the verb in this sentence...
>> (one of several other sentences)
>> 'She is going to fall.'
>>
>> Any help?
>>
>> If fall is not the verb, what is it?
>>
>> I have had a variety of answers - but no agreement. (haha)
>
>I think the main verb is "is going".
>

>--
>Robert Chrismas e-mail : chrismas at argonet.co.uk

Typical of you lot, debating about the grammar, for God's sake
somebody, catch her.
Roger :o)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
mailto:roger@wats0n(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk
Join the Staffroom Web Ring
http://www.wats0n.freeserve.co.uk
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Roger :o

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:39:14 BST, Robert Chrismas
<chri...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>garet...@aol.comeOnIn (GarethFord) wrote:
>> Gertie DeSomeone wrote:
>> >I fort rime meant like in clap and crap and scrap -
>> > and had just got spelt wrong.
>>
>> You may joke however when one of my friends went on
>> Teaching Practise their school tore them apart for
>> "spelling rhyme wrong... I've never heard of this
>> rime rubbish!" :-)
>>
>> Actually onset and rime is probably one of the MORE
>> useful things to know that's in the Literacy Hour
>> framework.
>
>So is rime the same as rhyme (except that it's spelt
>differently)?
>

>If not, what's rime please?
>

>I feel like that chap who went around boasting that
>he'd just discovered that he'd been speaking prose
>all his life.
>

>--
>Robert Chrismas e-mail : chrismas at argonet.co.uk

There's the Rime of the Ancient Mariner.... now speaking about the tea
race...

Roger :o

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
On Thu, 03 Jun 1999 18:19:07 BST, Someone
<som...@argo60SECSnet.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <3756A5A3...@nospam.proz.ac>, Chris <ch...@nospam.proz.ac>
>wrote:
>> Well all I can suggest is that you are doing it wrong.
>

>Prolly - I am only the cleaner......
>

>> However there is a pointer there to the excellent Staffroom
>> Webring where others have Literacy sites to aid colleagues.
>
>Cue Roger.....
Enter stage left carrying a model of the Cutty Sark and a sly grin.
Yes, why not try the Staffroom webring
we have all sorts of things on there.
Exit stage right muttering something about tea.

greebo

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Someone wrote this, as you can see.....
>In article <3756D96A...@nospam.proz.ac>, Chris <ch...@nospam.proz.ac>
>wrote:

>> Anyone know of any pages about bobs ?
>
>You get bobs in bellringing, don't you Cornopean?
>And singles....

Nah, aren't singles something to do with rubbery cheese? (1)

(1) Confucius, he say: "cheese is velly rubbery."
--
greebo to reply: remove big head

Holiday Home for Pets Pie Company Ltd. http://greebo.iscool.net

greebo

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as Someone wrote this, as you can see.....
>In article <375cbd57...@news.netcomuk.co.uk>, ew...@netcomuk.co.uk
>(eweb) wrote:
>>
>> If you have any problems with the above, then please message me at
>> ew...@netcomuk.co.uk, and refrain from making abusive statements on
>> this newsgroup.
>
>Abusive?? ABUSIVE???? you are a troll!!!

You ain't seen abusive till you've subscribed to
alt.internet.providers.uk.free or uk.net.news.config.....

S. Daly

Jun 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/4/99
Just saw this on the coolsig site...
"Haiku... To write a poem with seventeen syllables is very
diffic..."

I haven't worked out how to put a sig. on my emails
or in here yet, by the way.

Any hints?
S.D. :-D
s.d...@cwcom.net

eweb

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99

>>Abusive?? ABUSIVE????
>>
>You ain't seen abusive till you've subscribed to
>alt.internet.providers.uk.free or uk.net.news.config.....

or even alt.fan.canals

tuppence

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
Roger :o wrote in message <3758314f...@news.freeserve.net>...

>On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:43:04 BST, Robert Chrismas
><chri...@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Someone <som...@also.on.prozac> wrote:
>>> My present literacy hour problem -
>>> being aired on another ng - is.......
>>>
>>> *Underline the verb in this sentence...
>>> (one of several other sentences)
>>> 'She is going to fall.'
>>>
>>> Any help?
>>>
>>> If fall is not the verb, what is it?
>>>
>>> I have had a variety of answers - but no agreement. (haha)
>>
>>I think the main verb is "is going".

>Typical of you lot, debating about the grammar, for God's sake
>somebody, catch her.

ROFL!

2d

Lara

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99

S. Daly wrote in message <37585...@news1.mcmail.com>...

>Just saw this on the coolsig site...
>"Haiku... To write a poem with seventeen syllables is very
>diffic..."
>
>I haven't worked out how to put a sig. on my emails
>or in here yet, by the way.
>
>Any hints?

What are you using? - I can help you in <whisper>Outlook Express</whisper>

Lara
-------
Lara the Loopy can be tracked down in the regions of
http://freespace.virgin.net/lara.savory

Lara the Highly Sophisticated can be located in the tranquil lands of
http://welcome.to/inspiration

Take your pick!!!

greebo

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
As I looked at my monitor, a strange thing did I see,
That being known as eweb wrote this, as you can see.....

>>>Abusive?? ABUSIVE????
>>>
>>You ain't seen abusive till you've subscribed to
>>alt.internet.providers.uk.free or uk.net.news.config.....
>
>or even alt.fan.canals

Now, now! Lock here! No need for that!

Canal freaks never get cut up about things unless someone barges in.

It's a happy world where "Gates" has a totally different meaning....

George Flinter

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
In article <ESmEoCAa...@gobsmack.freeserve.co.uk>, greebo
<gre...@biggobsmackhead.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>Canal freaks never get cut up about things unless someone barges in.

If you find a 1953 AJS, I'd like it back please.
--
George

Corinne Brooks

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
In article <na.7bf4bd490c....@argonet.co.uk>, Robert Chrismas
<chri...@argonet.co.uk> writes

>Someone <som...@also.on.prozac> wrote:
>> My present literacy hour problem -
>> being aired on another ng - is.......
>>
>> *Underline the verb in this sentence...
>> (one of several other sentences)
>> 'She is going to fall.'
>>
>> Any help?
>>
>> If fall is not the verb, what is it?
>>
>> I have had a variety of answers - but no agreement. (haha)
>
>I think the main verb is "is going".

I think it is "is going to fall" as in the future tense of the verb
fall.

--
Corinne Brooks To reply change ook to uk
www.quizlady.freeserve.co.uk www.staffroom.freeserve.co.uk

Cannot locate coffee...operator halted...out of chocolate error...please
reboot universe.

Growing Old is Mandatory.... But ... Growing up is Optional!

S. Daly

Jun 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/5/99
"Lara" <laraloo...@virgin.net> wrote:
S. Daly wrote

>>I haven't worked out how to put a sig. on my emails
>>or in here yet, by the way.
>>
>>Any hints?
>

>What are you using? - I can help you in <whisper>Outlook Express</whisper>
>
>Lara
>-------

Netscape! Communicator 4.6 which seems to be full of bugs.

S.D. :-)

Corinne Brooks

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
In article <37585...@news1.mcmail.com>, S. Daly <s.d...@cwcom.net>
writes

>Just saw this on the coolsig site...
>"Haiku... To write a poem with seventeen syllables is very
>diffic..."

Why is it that before the literacy hour no-one had heard of haikus - now
they crop up everywhere. In fact in Y6 term 3 there's another sort with
two extra lines on the end, usually sent as a reply to a haiku. Can't
remember what its called.

Why does everyone suddenly need to know about Japanese poetry?

>I haven't worked out how to put a sig. on my emails
>or in here yet, by the way.
>
>Any hints?

>S.D. :-D
>s.d...@cwcom.net

Corinne Brooks

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
In article <3759d01c....@news.netcomuk.co.uk>, eweb
<ew...@netcomuk.co.uk> writes

>>>Abusive?? ABUSIVE????
>>>
>>You ain't seen abusive till you've subscribed to
>>alt.internet.providers.uk.free or uk.net.news.config.....
>

>or even alt.fan.canals

Well Funkboy has just voted me the fattest and ugliest person on
uk.local.birmingham - and I've never met him - AFAIK

> Creative Internet Research and Development

Scaramouche

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
In article <LmMjpXAb...@quizlady.freeserve.co.uk>, Corinne Brooks
<Cor...@staffroom.freeserve.co.ook> writes

Snip

>Well Funkboy has just voted me the fattest and ugliest person on
>uk.local.birmingham - and I've never met him - AFAIK

What a nasty bastard. Ignore............
--
Scaramouche

GarethFord

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
Corinne Brooks wrote:
>Why is it that before the literacy hour no-one had heard of haikus - now
>they crop up everywhere. In fact in Y6 term 3 there's another sort with
>two extra lines on the end, usually sent as a reply to a haiku. Can't
>remember what its called.
>Why does everyone suddenly need to know about Japanese poetry?

I remember doing Haiku when I was in second year juniors. :-)

I personally think Haiku are great. :-) It's an excellent way of practising
counting syllables and the children love writing haiku because it's a poetry
form where they can assess whether they have met the correct criteria (i.e.
counting the syllables) easily and independently. Of course, there's more to a
good haiku than the amount of syllables (there's the subject matter etc.) but I
think we'll just work on that for now.

A haiku with two extra 7 syllable lines added is a tanka. You add two lines to
an existing haiku as a response... an idea for an email project, perhaps?
(we've already done one on limericks... see
http://www.edlestoncps.freeserve.co.uk/Limericks.htm )
- Gareth
------
*Gareth Pitchford's Primary Resources* for Primary teachers
@ http://www.garethford.freeserve.co.uk
Art activities, cartoon resources, English ideas (including the Literacy linked
English Homework sheets), Maths ideas and more.
-----

Corinne Brooks

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
In article <EBT$bCA7Ob...@fridabel.demon.co.uk>, Scaramouche
<Q...@Pandemonium.chaos.everywhere.uk> writes
I do .... he went away for a while - but has come back for this weekend.
Wonder if his mummy took his toys away before:-))

Roger :o

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
On Sun, 6 Jun 1999 00:33:15 +0100, Scaramouche
<Q...@Pandemonium.chaos.everywhere.uk> wrote:

>In article <LmMjpXAb...@quizlady.freeserve.co.uk>, Corinne Brooks
><Cor...@staffroom.freeserve.co.ook> writes
>
>Snip
>
>>Well Funkboy has just voted me the fattest and ugliest person on
>>uk.local.birmingham - and I've never met him - AFAIK
>>>
>What a nasty bastard. Ignore............

>--
>Scaramouche
Ignore it Corinne.
Geeesh! I wish these people would vent their spleen on something else.
It seems to me that they give 'em high tech gear to communicate and
all they want to do is tell the world they can't. I suppose its the
same as giving a cave-man a cell 'phone. First he'd try to eat it and
when he couldn't he'd use it to hit someone on the head.
Ignore 'em Corinnne you do more for the world of communication in two
minutes than they'll ever do in two incarnations. Just carry on
talking to everyone else and when he finds he can't 'press any
buttons' he'll find someone else to annoy. Also, when they see how
he's treated others they'll think twice before they chat.

dawn

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
Roger :o writes
<snip>
>Just carry on
>talking to everyone else and when he finds he can't 'press any
>buttons' he'll find someone else to annoy. Also, when they see how
>he's treated others they'll think twice before they chat.

Hear, hear.
--
dawn

tuppence

Jun 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/6/99
GarethFord wrote in message
<19990606035921...@ngol07.aol.com>...

>Corinne Brooks wrote:
>>Why is it that before the literacy hour no-one had heard of haikus -
now
>>they crop up everywhere. In fact in Y6 term 3 there's another sort
with
>>two extra lines on the end, usually sent as a reply to a haiku. Can't
>>remember what its called.
>>Why does everyone suddenly need to know about Japanese poetry?
>
>I remember doing Haiku when I was in second year juniors. :-)

I first came across them in my second year at college - of course that
could have been around the same time :(

Yup, I like them and presumably the children are encouraged by their set
length, rather like limericks which have the added advantage of humour.

the rambling rose scrambles up the railings
is it trying to escape?

2d

pmcgu...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2014, 7:56:51 PM10/27/14
is this forum still alive after all these years ?
Message has been deleted

Frere Rabit

Dec 7, 2014, 10:09:11 AM12/7/14
Heglog writtied in reply to pmcgu...@gmail.com :

> > is this forum still alive after all these years ?
>
> No

Rabit snuffles around outside the locked Staffroom door, zizzes paws and returns to his donkey blog, www.brotherlapin.com

Bye bye, Staffroom. We had some fun.

~..~/
( ')
//

Penny

Nov 5, 2021, 12:16:21 PM11/5/21
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 07:09:11 -0800 (PST), Frere Rabit
<frere...@googlemail.com> scrawled in the dust...
Bother!
Missed it :(

--
2d
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.