health and safety regulations

dolina.patterson

Apr 24, 2004, 2:44:40 AM4/24/04
Can anyone tell me if current health and safety regulations apply to schools
and colleges?

Dolina

SteveT

Apr 24, 2004, 10:02:04 AM4/24/04
Yes, the current health and safety at work act applies to schools and
colleges and their employees.

I'm not entirely sure how that affects the pupils and students. Schools and
colleges have a duty of to the public but you'd be best to contact the HSE
directly http://www.hse.gov.uk for detailed information.

Albrow, Sam J

Apr 25, 2004, 7:26:08 PM4/25/04
"dolina.patterson" <dolina.p...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone tell me if current health and safety regulations apply to
schools
> and colleges?

Unsuprisingly yes certainly they do, although i'm sure many do break them in
some way, a school \ college is still a workplace.

Also note why the regulations are there - getting away with not meeting them
wouldn't really be meeting your duty or care towards students would it?

Sam

> Dolina

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.

nve...@heath144.freeserve.co.uk

Apr 27, 2004, 8:08:27 PM4/27/04
It's also worth bearing in mind that (in FE at least) the Ofsted
inspectors are obsessed with health and safety issues in computer
rooms.

Steve Rochford

May 5, 2004, 5:50:00 PM5/5/04
> It's also worth bearing in mind that (in FE at least) the Ofsted
> inspectors are obsessed with health and safety issues in computer
> rooms.

Indeed; apparently one of the things picked up in our recent inspection
was that students were not told how to adjust their chairs at the start of
each lesson...

--
Steve Rochford
IT Support Manager, The College of North West London

vikas...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2012, 2:50:28 AM11/27/12
There are huge list of health and safety provider but if you looking for NEBOSH course then you must go with <a href="http://www.sheilds.org">sheilds.org</a>. I have a experience with this organization and can share you my experience that it is one of the best sources in safety Fields.
They provide safety education world wide and cover all nebosh courses and diploma for safety training. they have different center in Asia(India, Pakistan and more country), Europe, UK and Africa. Its my personal recommendation to go with Shields.org for your education.