Impact of using IT in primary education

Beverly Wu

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Dear friends,

I am doing a research of using IT in primary education. Could you share
your opinions with me on the following issues?

(1) What is the impact of IT on the parents and families of students?
A. What is the impact on family knowledge about and practice accessing
and using technology? How many familites own or intend to purchase
technology? How many families participate in school-related technology
access activities (Technology back-to-school nights? School-sponsored
training programs?) What leadership roles do children play in their
families' learning and use of technology?
B. What is the impact on family atittudes toward technology, the schools
and their children?

(2) What is the impact of the technology on the external community?
What kind of press and media coverage is given to technology? What kind
of support is given to initiatives to support schools and technology
with tax dollars?

Thanks!

Regards,

Beverly

spud...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2012, 6:07:28 PM9/19/12
The impact of technology on families is significant. There are now more ways to stimulate struggling readers. The use of book apps and other technology can be very helpful for parents of struggling readers. Check out this article: http://edusavvyparents.com/help-struggling-readers.
Nicole