Removing bathroom door handle (with separate bolt for latch)

philipcosson

Jul 30, 2010, 4:30:34 AM7/30/10
OK, I'm stuck. I have a bathroom door handle with two spindles that I
want to remove. I have taken all visible screws out - but still holds
firm.

I dont want to damage it - so has anybody faced this problem before
and have a suggestion?

TIA

Phil

Matty F

Jul 30, 2010, 5:04:18 AM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 8:30 pm, philipcosson <philipcos...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK, I'm stuck. I have a bathroom door handle with two spindles that I
> want to remove. I have taken all visible screws out - but still holds
> firm.

Is there a small hole or slot in the shaft between the knob and the
door?
If there is, poke something in there and the knob should slide
straight off.

Andy Cap

Jul 30, 2010, 7:44:57 AM7/30/10

Are the locking knobs held on with allen screws ?

Andy C

The Medway Handyman

Jul 30, 2010, 3:22:54 PM7/30/10

Got a picture?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

philipcosson

Jul 31, 2010, 4:08:37 AM7/31/10

> Got a picture?

Hurrah, I was just taking some pictures when I spied a third allen
screw holding the bolt knob on. This was a smaller gauge. With that
removed the job was done!

Thanks for all your help!

Phil

laurence....@gmail.com

Dec 24, 2016, 10:24:57 AM12/24/16
Hey, 6 years later and the solution to this problem was good for me too! after picking up this thread I found the little screw holding the bolt head. thanks a bunch guys.
Larry