LED equivalent to 100W halogen dimmable bulb

David

Dec 3, 2021, 1:40:56 PM12/3/21
Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is dimmable
100W halogen bulbs.

One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
equivalents.

However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
lumens).

I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
available?

Cheers

Dave R

Andy Burns

Dec 3, 2021, 1:45:41 PM12/3/21
David wrote:

> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
> lumens).
>
> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
> available?

<https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/288368210>

Andy Burns

Dec 3, 2021, 2:01:29 PM12/3/21
Andy Burns wrote:

>> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
>> available?
>
> <https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/288368210>

Actually, no mention of dimmable on that one, but if you've searched and not
found, you do need some google lessons ...

John Rumm

Dec 3, 2021, 2:11:34 PM12/3/21
On 03/12/2021 18:40, David wrote:
> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is dimmable
> 100W halogen bulbs.
>
> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
> equivalents.
>
> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
> lumens).
>
> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
> available?

There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent. E.g:

https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d

--
Cheers,

John.

Unknown

Dec 3, 2021, 2:21:28 PM12/3/21
David was thinking very hard :
> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
> available?

I have just been through this and yes, it can be done. I had two
walllight, 40w tungton lamps, operated on one 30 year old dimmer
switch. Whey were swapped for 2 2.5w LED's which proven too dim, as you
would expect, but fine for TV viewing.

To solve that, after a few years of struggling with not enough light, I
ordered up two Lumilife 8.8w dimmable BC LED's. I then found swapping
both they didn't work, one 2.5w + one 8.8w limped along with the old
dimmer, so yesterday I bought two 273CC x 2 LAP 1-Gang 2-Way LED
Dimmer Switch White £16.10 (£8.05 each) = They worked perfectly with
the two 8.8w LED's. It seems that some LED's needs positive, or
negative dimming, that dimmer auto selects which it should use.

Tim+

Dec 3, 2021, 3:00:34 PM12/3/21
David <wib...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is dimmable
> 100W halogen bulbs.
>
> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
> equivalents.
>
> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
> lumens).
>
> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
> available?
>
> Cheers
>

> Dave R

Just be aware, even if you can find a dimmable 100W equivalent, the quality
of the light when dimmed may be ghastly.

Tungsten bulbs produce a light that gets “warmer”/yellower as they dim.
LEDs normally don’t. In fact they look colder as they dim. The effect is
sufficiently horrid that I don’t try to dim any of my LEDs, I just try to
get the right brightness and colour temperature at purchase time.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Andy Burns

Dec 3, 2021, 3:15:07 PM12/3/21
Tim+ wrote:

> Just be aware, even if you can find a dimmable 100W equivalent, the quality
> of the light when dimmed may be ghastly.
>
> Tungsten bulbs produce a light that gets “warmer”/yellower as they dim.
> LEDs normally don’t. In fact they look colder as they dim. The effect is
> sufficiently horrid that I don’t try to dim any of my LEDs, I just try to
> get the right brightness and colour temperature at purchase time.

I have a couple of ikea zigbee bulbs, you can smoothly vary the colour
temperature, as well as the brightness.

David

Dec 3, 2021, 3:20:28 PM12/3/21
On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 19:10:07 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

> On 03/12/2021 18:40, David wrote:
>> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is
>> dimmable 100W halogen bulbs.
>>
>> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
>> equivalents.
>>
>> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
>> lumens).
>>
>> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
>> available?
>
> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
> E.g:
>
> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-
gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d

Thanks.
That looks a good option.

My search strings are obviously not using the correct key words and the
usual suspects such as Screwfix don't seem to stock them .

I note that 100W halogen bulbs seem to be scarce or unobtainable.
At least, not at Screwfix and Toolsatan.

Fortunately I have located an old 100W tungsten light which is now in my
single socket, and the halogen from there is in the triple socket
replacing the failed bulb.

I did got looking in the shed for my ancient stock of tungsten filament
bulbs but I can't find them.
It would be typical if I had slung them as no use to anyone just before I
needed one!

Andy Burns

Dec 3, 2021, 3:28:06 PM12/3/21
David wrote:

> I note that 100W halogen bulbs seem to be scarce or unobtainable.

"banned" from this september, excluding existing stocks

John Brown

Dec 3, 2021, 5:44:51 PM12/3/21
Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote
I find the reverse, hate the yellow leds even tho I did use 200W PAR38s
before
changing to leds. Now exclusively use Philips Hue Color bulbs and always
hard
white and love that dimmed.

Tim+

Dec 3, 2021, 5:51:00 PM12/3/21
I do accept that it can be done, just pointing out that it’s not as simple
as just swapping a tungsten for a dimmable LED and using a standard dimmer
switch.

Peeler

Dec 3, 2021, 6:11:07 PM12/3/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 09:44:42 +1100, John Brown, better known as cantankerous

You STINK of your SENILITY, you filthy senile troll!

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.

alan_m

Dec 3, 2021, 6:23:54 PM12/3/21
On 03/12/2021 22:44, John Brown wrote:

> I find the reverse, hate the yellow leds even tho I did use 200W PAR38s
> before
> changing to leds. Now exclusively use Philips Hue Color bulbs and always
> hard
> white and love that dimmed.

+1

If you not a fan of LEDs often sold as "daylight" then you are never
going to recommend them. I for one prefer the harsh white light of LEDs
to the horrid yellow/orange of traditional tungsten :)

Peeler

Dec 3, 2021, 6:29:07 PM12/3/21
On Fri, 3 Dec 2021 23:23:48 +0000, anal_m, the notorious kisser of troll
arse, bullshitted again:

> On 03/12/2021 22:44, John Brown, better known as cantankerous trolling
> senile geezer Rodent Speed, wrote:
>

>> I find the reverse, hate the yellow leds even tho I did use 200W PAR38s
>> before
>> changing to leds. Now exclusively use Philips Hue Color bulbs and always
>> hard
>> white and love that dimmed.
>
> +1

Kissing troll's arse yet again, anal_m, you weird senile idiot?

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 4, 2021, 5:13:20 AM12/4/21
Well there used to be some around that worked well, but after a while so
called dimmability tended to go pulsatability, I have to say, but this was a
long time ago and things may be more reliable these days. The whole mess of
Halogen is but a memory now, as I don't need much light, only for visitors!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" <use...@andyburns.uk> wrote in message

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 4, 2021, 7:13:24 AM12/4/21
In article <j0v6li...@mid.individual.net>,
David <wib...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is dimmable
> 100W halogen bulbs.

> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
> equivalents.

> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
> lumens).

> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
> available?

Yes. Although maybe not from a supermarket, etc.

In my kitchen/diner I had (I think) a Decorlamp 100w tungsten above the
table. It's a large envelope (4") frosted so the entire thing looks
uniform,and I liked as you can see the bulb. Used a great deal as my
laptop is there. They ceased to be available, so eventually found a warm
white LED which looks the same on or off and gives pretty well the same
output. Other lights to the worktops were PAR 28 - and eventually found
some decent LEDs for those too. But all expensive. And I had to change the
dimmers too. Total cost about £150 - but at least I'm happy they don't
look that much different from tungsten, apart from when dimmed.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory *

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 4, 2021, 7:13:25 AM12/4/21
In article
<1951248489.660254185.688...@news.individual.net>,
Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just be aware, even if you can find a dimmable 100W equivalent, the
> quality of the light when dimmed may be ghastly.

> Tungsten bulbs produce a light that gets ”warmer•/yellower as they dim.
> LEDs normally don‘t. In fact they look colder as they dim. The effect is
> sufficiently horrid that I don‘t try to dim any of my LEDs, I just try to
> get the right brightness and colour temperature at purchase time.

Must admit I've now got used to the colour temperature not changing when
dimmed.

Other thing is tungsten gets horribly inefficient when dimmed, so doesn't
save much in running costs. I assume LED is very much better.

--
*Windows will never cease *

Unknown

Dec 4, 2021, 3:50:53 PM12/4/21
Dave Plowman (News) wrote :
> Other thing is tungsten gets horribly inefficient when dimmed, so doesn't
> save much in running costs. I assume LED is very much better.

Yes, they are much better - efficiency remains almost as high, in other
words you get all the light you are paying for.

John Brown

Dec 4, 2021, 4:50:23 PM12/4/21
Harry Bloomfield Esq. <a...@harrym1byt.plus.com> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote

>> Other thing is tungsten gets horribly inefficient when dimmed, so doesn't
>> save much in running costs. I assume LED is very much better.

> Yes, they are much better - efficiency remains almost as high,

Just as high in fact.

Peeler

Dec 4, 2021, 5:08:23 PM12/4/21
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:50:15 +1100, John Brown, better known as cantankerous

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID: <XnsA97071CF43...@85.214.115.223>

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 5, 2021, 7:01:55 AM12/5/21
> Tungsten bulbs produce a light that gets ”warmer•/yellower as they dim.
> LEDs normally don‘t. In fact they look colder as they dim. The effect is
> sufficiently horrid that I don‘t try to dim any of my LEDs, I just try to
> get the right brightness and colour temperature at purchase time.

I've not noticed any of my LEDs (all expensive, rather than supermarket
replacements) that change colour temperature as you dim them.

--
*WHY IS THERE AN EXPIRATION DATE ON SOUR CREAM?

Tim+

Dec 5, 2021, 10:12:09 AM12/5/21
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article
> <1951248489.660254185.688...@news.individual.net>,
> Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tungsten bulbs produce a light that gets ”warmer•/yellower as they dim.
>> LEDs normally don‘t. In fact they look colder as they dim. The effect is
>> sufficiently horrid that I don‘t try to dim any of my LEDs, I just try to
>> get the right brightness and colour temperature at purchase time.
>
> I've not noticed any of my LEDs (all expensive, rather than supermarket
> replacements) that change colour temperature as you dim them.

“Look colder” (in my opinion). But my point is the colour temperature
doesn’t change as you dim LEDs, and if you’re used to tungstens, you kinda
expect increased warm as you dim them.

I’m guessing you understand all this and are just nit-picking. I think
everyone else understood my point.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 5, 2021, 10:33:07 AM12/5/21
In article
<1020818701.660409724.763...@news.individual.net>,
Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article
> > <1951248489.660254185.688...@news.individual.net>,
> > Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Tungsten bulbs produce a light that gets ”warmer•/yellower as they
> >> dim. LEDs normally don‘t. In fact they look colder as they dim. The
> >> effect is sufficiently horrid that I don‘t try to dim any of my LEDs,
> >> I just try to get the right brightness and colour temperature at
> >> purchase time.
> >
> > I've not noticed any of my LEDs (all expensive, rather than
> > supermarket replacements) that change colour temperature as you dim
> > them.
> >

> ”Look colder• (in my opinion). But my point is the colour temperature
> doesn‘t change as you dim LEDs, and if you‘re used to tungstens, you
> kinda expect increased warm as you dim them.

Yes. We got used and liked that fault with tungsten. ;-)

However, I'm happier with LED retaining its efficiency when dimmed. Now
I've got use to them.

> I‘m guessing you understand all this and are just nit-picking. I think
> everyone else understood my point.

No - I was making a genuine point. I don't think there is a significant
change in colour temp when you dim an LED.

I hated early LEDs, though. Either blue when meant to be daylight, or
green when meant to be warm white. Better ones seem to have got round this
now.

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

David

Feb 9, 2022, 7:32:28 AM2/9/22
On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 19:10:07 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

> On 03/12/2021 18:40, David wrote:
>> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is
>> dimmable 100W halogen bulbs.
>>
>> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
>> equivalents.
>>
>> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
>> lumens).
>>
>> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
>> available?
>
> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
> E.g:
>
> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-
gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d

Finally got round to ordering these and they are bright and they dim.

However the light is a lot more "white" than our current (no longer
obtainable) halogen.

I assume that a lower colour temperature would be more mellow yellow?

David

Feb 9, 2022, 7:50:19 AM2/9/22
On Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:32:22 +0000, David wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 19:10:07 +0000, John Rumm wrote:
>
>> On 03/12/2021 18:40, David wrote:
>>> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is
>>> dimmable 100W halogen bulbs.
>>>
>>> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
>>> equivalents.
>>>
>>> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about
>>> 700 lumens).
>>>
>>> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
>>> available?
>>
>> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
>> E.g:
>>
>> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-
> gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d
>
> Finally got round to ordering these and they are bright and they dim.
>
> However the light is a lot more "white" than our current (no longer
> obtainable) halogen.
>
> I assume that a lower colour temperature would be more mellow yellow?

Just ordered 3 at 27K temperature which is allegedly about the same as
t6he halogens being replaced.

<https://www.energybulbs.co.uk/pages/light-colour-guide>

Just as well I only ordered a couple to try.

Jacob Andrews

Feb 9, 2022, 7:52:27 AM2/9/22
A 100W halogen bulb can be replaced with an LED light that uses 10 to 12 watts, depending on the manufacturer, whether it's cold or warm light, etc. Here is an example of a 100w LED equivalent: https://www.amazon.com/Linkind-Dimmable-Equivalent-Lumens-Certified/dp/B082B12ZRV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=100+watt+dimmable+led+light+bulbs&qid=1644410974&sr=8-1 Personally I use a 60w dimmable equivalent from Integral and I am happy with them: https://www.leycroftlighting.co.uk/integral-classic-globe-gls-8-5w-60w-2700k-806lm-e27-dimmable-lamp-ilglse27dc084

Tim+

Feb 9, 2022, 8:41:35 AM2/9/22
David <wib...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Dec 2021 19:10:07 +0000, John Rumm wrote:
>
>> On 03/12/2021 18:40, David wrote:
>>> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is
>>> dimmable 100W halogen bulbs.
>>>
>>> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
>>> equivalents.
>>>
>>> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
>>> lumens).
>>>
>>> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
>>> available?
>>
>> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
>> E.g:
>>
>> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-
> gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d
>
> Finally got round to ordering these and they are bright and they dim.
>
> However the light is a lot more "white" than our current (no longer
> obtainable) halogen.
>
> I assume that a lower colour temperature would be more mellow yellow?

The problem with dimming standard dimmable LEDs is that they don’t behave
like incandescent bulbs as the dim. With the latter, the colour
temperature becomes much warmer as it dims, which is generally the effect
we’re after alongside producing fewer lumens.

With LEDs, the colour temperature stays much more constant and when dimmed,
they end up looking cold and dingy by comparison.

Dave Plowman (News)

Feb 9, 2022, 11:32:32 AM2/9/22
In article
<111044793.666104962.008...@news.individual.net>,
Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with dimming standard dimmable LEDs is that they don奏 behave
> like incandescent bulbs as the dim. With the latter, the colour
> temperature becomes much warmer as it dims, which is generally the effect
> we喪e after alongside producing fewer lumens.

I'd say more what we're used to.

Having lived with dimming LEDs in my kitchen/diner for a while now I've
got used to this. And take comfort in dimmed LEDs saving more money too -
unlike dimmed tungsten which are horribly inefficient when dimmed.

But I would add the LEDs I'm using were pretty expensive.

> With LEDs, the colour temperature stays much more constant and when
> dimmed, they end up looking cold and dingy by comparison.

Or even switching to a smaller bulb?

--
*If tennis elbow is painful, imagine suffering with tennis balls *

newshound

Feb 9, 2022, 12:00:43 PM2/9/22
On 03/12/2021 19:10, John Rumm wrote:
> On 03/12/2021 18:40, David wrote:
>> Now almost 10 years old, our lighting in the main living room is dimmable
>> 100W halogen bulbs.
>>
>> One bulb has blown, and I am wondering if I can start rolling out LED
>> equivalents.
>>
>> However initial searching seems to top out at 60W equivalent (about 700
>> lumens).
>>
>> I am still searching, but are high wattage LED dimmable bulbs easily
>> available?
>
> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
> E.g:
>
> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d
>

> Shouldn't we remind the OP that his present dimmers may not work with LED?

Rod Speed

Feb 9, 2022, 12:11:38 PM2/9/22
Tim+ <tim.d...@gmail.com> wrote
> David <wib...@btinternet.com> wrote
>> John Rumm wrote
>>> David wrote

>>> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
>>> E.g:
>>>
>>> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-
>> gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d
>>
>> Finally got round to ordering these and they are bright and they dim.
>>
>> However the light is a lot more "white" than our current (no longer
>> obtainable) halogen.
>>
>> I assume that a lower colour temperature would be more mellow yellow?
>>

> The problem with dimming standard dimmable LEDs is that they don’t behave
> like incandescent bulbs as the dim. With the latter, the colour
> temperature becomes much warmer as it dims, which is generally the effect
> we’re after alongside producing fewer lumens.

I'm not, I hate that result. And I used PAR38s
for my main lighting before changing to leds.

> With LEDs, the colour temperature stays much more constant and when
> dimmed,

Yes.

> they end up looking cold and dingy by comparison.

Dont find that myself.

John Rumm

Feb 9, 2022, 2:24:01 PM2/9/22
On 09/02/2022 13:41, Tim+ wrote:
> David <wib...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> There are some 13W LED ones that claim 1500 lumens and 100W equivalent.
>>> E.g:
>>>
>>> https://ledhut.co.uk/collections/b22-led-bulbs-bayonet/products/13w-b22-
>> gls-100w-repl-1521lm-4000k-f-d
>>
>> Finally got round to ordering these and they are bright and they dim.
>>
>> However the light is a lot more "white" than our current (no longer
>> obtainable) halogen.
>>
>> I assume that a lower colour temperature would be more mellow yellow?
>>

> The problem with dimming standard dimmable LEDs is that they don’t behave
> like incandescent bulbs as the dim. With the latter, the colour
> temperature becomes much warmer as it dims, which is generally the effect
> we’re after alongside producing fewer lumens.

Does depend on the bulb though - I have some Philips SES candle bulbs
that do lower their colour temp with dimming. I expect that have both
white and yellow LED elements and change the mix as they are dimmed.

--
Cheers,

John.

David

Feb 9, 2022, 2:26:01 PM2/9/22
If you looked one post further down from the one you replied to (the most
recent one) you would see that they have already been tested and work.

The issue is the colour temperature.

I was careful in my choice of dimmer and they seem to be coping well with
LEDs so far.

Peeler

Feb 9, 2022, 2:44:44 PM2/9/22
On Thu, 10 Feb 2022 04:11:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."
MID: <gfbb94...@mid.individual.net>

Tim+

Feb 9, 2022, 2:46:55 PM2/9/22
John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:
> On 09/02/2022 13:41, Tim+ wrote:

>> The problem with dimming standard dimmable LEDs is that they don’t behave
>> like incandescent bulbs as the dim. With the latter, the colour
>> temperature becomes much warmer as it dims, which is generally the effect
>> we’re after alongside producing fewer lumens.
>
> Does depend on the bulb though - I have some Philips SES candle bulbs
> that do lower their colour temp with dimming. I expect that have both
> white and yellow LED elements and change the mix as they are dimmed.

Care to share the brand and model? I would be interested in those.

Matthias Czech

Feb 10, 2022, 6:07:12 AM2/10/22
Philips DimTone or Osram GlowDim

Dave Plowman (News)

Feb 10, 2022, 11:40:02 AM2/10/22
In article <j6iiq4...@mid.individual.net>,
David <wib...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> Shouldn't we remind the OP that his present dimmers may not work with
> >> LED?

> If you looked one post further down from the one you replied to (the most
> recent one) you would see that they have already been tested and work.

> The issue is the colour temperature.

> I was careful in my choice of dimmer and they seem to be coping well with
> LEDs so far.

I have some Home Automation make dimmers - designed to fit the old MK grid
switch system - which must be over 30 years old. Yet they dim dimmable
LEDs perfectly.

I also have some newer 'touch' ones which don't. Sad, as I like the
operation of those. Touch to switch on or off, and a longer touch to dim.
Double touch reverses the action. Nice soft start too. And an actual push
button rather than touch sensor. Also look extremely neat.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

John Rumm

Feb 11, 2022, 3:07:19 PM2/11/22

Tim+

Feb 11, 2022, 3:41:49 PM2/11/22
John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:
> On 09/02/2022 19:46, Tim+ wrote:
>> John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>>> Does depend on the bulb though - I have some Philips SES candle bulbs
>>> that do lower their colour temp with dimming. I expect that have both
>>> white and yellow LED elements and change the mix as they are dimmed.
>>>

>> Care to share the brand and model? I would be interested in those.
>
> It was these:
>
> https://cpc.farnell.com/philips-lighting/45350600/lamp-led-candle-dt-6-40w-e14-b38/dp/LP10204?CMP=TREML007-005

Thanks, but “available for back order” at the moment.

John Rumm

Feb 11, 2022, 4:13:51 PM2/11/22
On 11/02/2022 20:41, Tim+ wrote:
> John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>>> Care to share the brand and model? I would be interested in those.
>>
>> It was these:
>>
>> https://cpc.farnell.com/philips-lighting/45350600/lamp-led-candle-dt-6-40w-e14-b38/dp/LP10204?CMP=TREML007-005
>>

> Thanks, but “available for back order” at the moment.

This is not an idevice showing the wrong characters again is it?

184 in stock it says on mine!

Tim+

Feb 11, 2022, 5:18:19 PM2/11/22
John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:
> On 11/02/2022 20:41, Tim+ wrote:
>> John Rumm <see.my.s...@nowhere.null> wrote:

>>> It was these:
>>>
>>> https://cpc.farnell.com/philips-lighting/45350600/lamp-led-candle-dt-6-40w-e14-b38/dp/LP10204?CMP=TREML007-005
>>>

>> Thanks, but “available for back order” at the moment.
>
> This is not an idevice showing the wrong characters again is it?
>
> 184 in stock it says on mine!

Ah, sorry. SES no use to me. I need standard bayonets.

John Rumm

Feb 11, 2022, 6:49:54 PM2/11/22
Ah, ok. Those claim to be back in stock on the 28th...