OT: Is it time to fuck the US off for interfering in UK domestic politics.

32 views
Skip to first unread message

Sysadmin

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 7:15:07 AM12/4/21
to

The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to change
post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial Times
reported.

The Natural Philosopher

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 7:19:39 AM12/4/21
to
Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.

More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.

If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
publicising it.
The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.

Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'


--
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.”

― Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles à M. Claparede, Professeur de
Théologie à Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire

Dave Plowman (News)

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 7:28:03 AM12/4/21
to
In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
wants.

Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman da...@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Richard

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 8:37:43 AM12/4/21
to
On 04/12/2021 12:27, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.
>
> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
> wants.
>
> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

Why?

Sysadmin

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 10:30:06 AM12/4/21
to
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 12:19:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.
>>
> Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>
> More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>
> If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
> publicising it.
> The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
> the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.
>
> Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'

That was my stance in 2016.

Dave Plowman (News)

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 10:36:46 AM12/4/21
to
In article <sog1hp$21j$1...@dont-email.me>,
Seems very odd you Brexiteers blame anyone you can about Brexit not
working as you claimed it would. Could it be the UK isn't as powerful as
it was in Victorian times? That Brexiteers seem stuck in?

--
*I have a degree in liberal arts -- do you want fries with that

Pamela

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 11:01:03 AM12/4/21
to
Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

Just when Boris thought he could welch on his agreement.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 11:25:21 AM12/4/21
to
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.

> Meaning you expect all other countries
> to do exactly what this goverment wants.

> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

> There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if
> the UK had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves
> compromises on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

Neither would the EU because it is in their interest
to make it appear to be very hard to leave the EU.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 11:34:03 AM12/4/21
to
Richard <smit...@btinternet.com.invalid> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>>> Times reported.

>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
>> wants.

>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

> Why?

Because that was the UK trying to tell Afghanistan how they must do things.

And got told by the Taliban to go and fuck themselves.

Sysadmin

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 12:05:14 PM12/4/21
to
Like us telling them to curb gun ownership, because too many people are
killed by unstable people.

R Souls

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 12:24:44 PM12/4/21
to
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 15:36:35 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
<da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <sog1hp$21j$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 12:19:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
>> > On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:
>> >>
>> >> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> >> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> >> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> >> Times reported.
>> >>
>> > Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>> >
>> > More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>> >
>> > If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
>> > publicising it.
>> > The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
>> > the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.
>> >
>> > Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'
>
>> That was my stance in 2016.
>
>Seems very odd you Brexiteers blame anyone you can about Brexit not
>working as you claimed it would. Could it be the UK isn't as powerful as
>it was in Victorian times? That Brexiteers seem stuck in?

It's a shame that these gammon right whingers are so unhappy at the
way brexit is turning out. You could almost cry for them.

On second thoughts, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!


Fredxx

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 12:44:33 PM12/4/21
to
On 04/12/2021 12:27, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.
>
> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
> wants.
>
> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>
> There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
> had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
> on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
for electronically.

There will always be smuggling, indeed it is currently rife across the
border as we speak. There is a thriving market in black-market booze and
cigarettes. But most sales through retail outlets will be legitimate as
always.


Fredxx

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 12:46:07 PM12/4/21
to
On 04/12/2021 16:33, Rod Speed wrote:
> Richard <smit...@btinternet.com.invalid> wrote
>> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote
>
>>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>>>> Financial Times reported.
>
>>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this
>>> goverment wants.
>
>>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>
>> Why?
>
> Because that was the UK trying to tell Afghanistan how they must do things.
>
> And got told by the Taliban to go and fuck themselves.

I didn't get that message. The one I got was the UK was hiding under the
US's skirt. When the US said jump, we would courteously ask 'how high'.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 1:01:53 PM12/4/21
to
R Souls <ron....@aol.com> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote
>>> The Natural Philosopher wrote
>>>> Sysadmin wrote

>>> >> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>> >> products
>>> >> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>>> >> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>>> >> Times reported.
>>> >>
>>> > Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>>> >
>>> > More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>>> >
>>> > If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
>>> > publicising it.
>>> > The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit,
>>> > and
>>> > the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing
>>> > it.
>>> >
>>> > Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'
>>
>>> That was my stance in 2016.
>>
>>Seems very odd you Brexiteers blame anyone you can about Brexit not
>>working as you claimed it would. Could it be the UK isn't as powerful as
>>it was in Victorian times? That Brexiteers seem stuck in?

> It's a shame that these gammon right whingers
> are so unhappy at the way brexit is turning out.

Fuck all of them are.


Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 1:07:26 PM12/4/21
to
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Richard <smit...@btinternet.com.invalid> wrote
>>> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>>>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

>>>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>>>>> Financial Times reported.

>>>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this
>>>> goverment wants.

>>>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

>>> Why?

>> Because that was the UK trying to tell Afghanistan how they must do
>> things.

>> And got told by the Taliban to go and fuck themselves.

> I didn't get that message.

Then you need to keep up, as always.

> The one I got was the UK was hiding under the US's skirt.

There never was any US skirt in Afghanistan or Iraq.

> When the US said jump, we would courteously ask 'how high'.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that’s saying something.

Peeler

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 2:01:50 PM12/4/21
to
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 03:25:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

Rod Speed is an entirely modern phenomenon. Essentially, Rod Speed
is an insecure and worthless individual who has discovered he can
enhance his own self-esteem in his own eyes by playing "the big, hard
man" on the InterNet."
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/

alan_m

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 2:30:56 PM12/4/21
to
On 04/12/2021 16:00, Pamela wrote:
> On 12:15 4 Dec 2021, Sysadmin said:
>>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>> Financial Times reported.
>
> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
> Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.
>

The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the terrorism.


--
mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk

Richard

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 2:44:06 PM12/4/21
to
Awful stutter you have there.

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 2:50:30 PM12/4/21
to
On 04/12/2021 19:30, alan_m wrote:
> On 04/12/2021 16:00, Pamela wrote:
>> On 12:15  4 Dec 2021, Sysadmin said:
>>>
>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>>> Financial Times reported.
>>
>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
>> Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.
>>
>
> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the terrorism.

By US definition, state sponsored acts of terrorism isn't terrorism.

We also sponsor the overturning of governments, we need to look at our
own record before criticising anyone else.

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 2:54:50 PM12/4/21
to
On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:
>
Do we still have the tit-for-tat tariffs on Harley Davidsons and similar
items that the EU imposed?


Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 4:45:10 PM12/4/21
to
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Pamela wrote
>> Sysadmin wrote

>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over
>>> London's threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in
>>> Northern Ireland, the Financial Times reported.

>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement
>> the Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the terrorism.

Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 4:47:23 PM12/4/21
to
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
Nope.

Peeler

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 5:09:06 PM12/4/21
to
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:45:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Sqwertz to trolling Rodent Speed:
"This is just a hunch, but I'm betting you're kinda an argumentative
asshole.
MID: <ev1p6ml7ywd5$.d...@sqwertz.com>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 4, 2021, 5:09:38 PM12/4/21
to
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:47:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Tim+ about trolling Rodent Speed:
He is by far the most persistent troll who seems to be able to get under the
skin of folk who really should know better.
Since when did arguing with a troll ever achieve anything (beyond giving
the troll pleasure)?
MID: <1421057667.659518815.743...@news.individual.net>

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 5:42:52 AM12/5/21
to
The Taliban never had a history of terrorism in the West. It does make
you wonder why they entered Afghanistan. Of course claiming that your
intelligence sources said Osama Bin Ladin made the invasion inevitable.

Remind us, in which country was he assassinated?

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 5:43:44 AM12/5/21
to
Well, perhaps they should be quietly re-imposed.

Anonymous

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 5:46:42 AM12/5/21
to
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 12:19:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to change
>> post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial Times
>> reported.
>>
>Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>
>More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>
>If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
>publicising it.
>The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
>the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.
>
>Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'


https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/letters-to-the-editor-lithuanian-jew-in-no10/
Letters to the Editor: ‘Lithuanian Jew in No10?’
Send us your comments to: PO Box 815, Edgware, HA8 4SX or email us at let...@thejngroup.com
Jewish News Reporter
By Jewish News Reporter July 14, 2019, 8:31 am
Lithuanian Jew in No10?
The ancestry of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is as charismatic as the man himself, and includes Sunni Muslims, Anglicans, Roman Catholics, Protestant dissenters and even the British Royal Family itself. More importantly, he also has a Jewish line.
https://www.lzb.lt/en/2020/04/06/lithuanian-news-outlet-on-boris-johnsons-litvak-roots/

Lithuanian News Outlet on Boris Johnson’s Litvak Roots
2020-04-06
Boris Johnson’s family ties with Lithuania
the Lithuania Tribune, DELFI
July 25, 2016
Britain’s new foreign secretary Boris Johnson has ancestral ties with Lithuania. The controversial politician’s great grandfather was a Litvak born in Žemaičių Kalvarija, the famous American palaeographer Elias Avery Lowe (Loew).
Elias was born in Žemaičių Kalvarija in Lithuania in 1879. His family migrated from the Russian Empire to New York when he was 12.

Deport him back home.

Printed on pink paper becasue it was cheaper all those years ago.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 5:49:33 AM12/5/21
to
However as we would not have the Goodfriday agreement if it were not for the
US they would seem justified in being worried, don't you think?
What has this to dowith DIY?
Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Sysadmin" <j...@home.net> wrote in message
news:sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me...

R Souls

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 6:31:25 AM12/5/21
to
Mind your own business and bugger off.

Dave Plowman (News)

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 7:01:55 AM12/5/21
to
In article <sog9dt$rqs$1...@dont-email.me>,
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> On 04/12/2021 12:27, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
> >
> >> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
> >> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
> >> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
> >> Times reported.
> >
> > Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
> > wants.
> >
> > Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
> >
> > There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
> > had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
> > on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

> There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
> the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
> for electronically.

But Brexiteers didn't want soft borders. They wanted the UK to be totally
in charge of its borders. And it never occurred to them what would happen
if other countries did the same.

> There will always be smuggling, indeed it is currently rife across the
> border as we speak. There is a thriving market in black-market booze and
> cigarettes. But most sales through retail outlets will be legitimate as
> always.

Good to here Brexit is done, then. ;-)

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman (News)

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 7:01:56 AM12/5/21
to
In article <sog744$21j$2...@dont-email.me>,
While we continue to sell arms to all and sundry.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up.*

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 7:58:54 AM12/5/21
to
On 05/12/2021 11:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article <sog9dt$rqs$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 04/12/2021 12:27, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>> In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
>>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>>>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>>>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>>>> Times reported.
>>>
>>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
>>> wants.
>>>
>>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>>>
>>> There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
>>> had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
>>> on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.
>
>> There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
>> the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
>> for electronically.
>
> But Brexiteers didn't want soft borders.

As per typical of a remoaner, you believe you know how Brexiters think.

I have no problem with soft borders. Does that mean you think I never
supported Brexit?

Max Demian

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 8:08:38 AM12/5/21
to
On 05/12/2021 10:49, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

> However as we would not have the Goodfriday agreement if it were not for the
> US they would seem justified in being worried, don't you think?
> What has this to dowith DIY?

GFA. Good for terrorists. (And governments that supported them, like in
the USA and RoI.)

--
Max Demian

alan_m

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 8:56:31 AM12/5/21
to
On 04/12/2021 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
I was referring to the Irish problem where most of the funds came from
the USA.

Sysadmin

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 9:37:30 AM12/5/21
to
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 19:20:35 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:
> I don't read much news these days, so must have missed the bit where the
> US signed an international treaty on internal gun control that the UK
> could harangue them about.
>
> Maybe you'd be so kind as to post a cite. Just so I know we are
> comparing apples and apples.

Here is a few other though:

One of the dangerous consequences of violating the Iran deal is a loss of
credibility for the US, say critics of Donald Trump’s decision including
former president Barack Obama. Iran and all other parties have respected
the deal’s terms, they point out, making the US look like an unreliable
international partner.

Well, the US is an unreliable international partner—and it has long been
one, even before the current administration pulled out from the Trans-
Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Paris agreement on climate change, and
threatened to end NAFTA. History is dotted with treaties that the US has
signed but not ratified, signed and then unsigned, and even refused to
sign after pushing everyone else to sign.

Capriciousness about international treaties is an old US tradition. It
starts with the country’s very creation: hundreds of treaties signed with
Native American tribes that were either broken, or not ratified. Today,
the US is one of the countries to have ratified the fewest number of
international human rights treaties—of the 18 agreements passed by the UN,
America has only ratified five.

Treaties between the US and American Indian Nations (1722-1869)
According to the US national archives, 374 treaties (pdf, p.4) signed
between the US and Native American Tribes from 1772 to 1867 were ratified.
Of these, many were not respected: Only one article of the Pickering
Treaty, or Treaty of Canadaigua of 1794, for instance, has been observed.
Many others (18 in California alone, signed during the Gold Rush) were not
even ratified. These include Treaty K, or the California Treaty, which
promised reservations to American Indians within the state.

Treaty of Versailles, 1919
President Woodrow Wilson was a promoter and negotiator of the treaty that
ended World War I. The agreement was signed between the Allied Powers and
Germany; commenting on the US’s role in brokering the deal, Wilson
famously said, “At last the world knows America as the savior of the
world!”

However, the president encountered strong and growing opposition to the
treaty in Congress, and the US never ratified the Treaty of Versailles. In
fact, the US didn’t formally end its war against Germany and the former
Austro-Hungarian empire until 1921.

International Labor Convention, 1949
The oldest treaty currently pending ratification in the Senate is an
international recognition of the freedom of association and protection of
the right to organize. The agreement was signed by 154 countries,
including the US, and entered in full effect in 1950. However, the US
never ratified it (pdf).

Geneva Agreement, 1954
The Conference of Geneva in 1954 was called to put a final end to the
Korean War and First Indochina War. The treaty was signed by Vietnam,
France, China, the USSR, and the UK. Although the US participated in the
conference and negotiations, it eventually refused to sign. However, it
did agree to respect the ceasefire.

International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ICESCR),
1966
Building onto the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the ICESCR
expands the notion of basic rights beyond civil and political provisions.
The agreement has been ratified by 166 countries. The US has signed, but
has not ratified, the covenant.

The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discriminations Against
Women (CEDAW), 1979
By signing CEDAW in 1980, the US become one of 156 signatories of a
landmark agreement to end gender discrimination. Shortly after signing,
then-president Jimmy Carter submitted the agreement for ratification to
the Senate. It’s still waiting.

The Law of the Sea, 1982
The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) was held in Jamaica
between 1973 and 1982. It established a set of rules and responsibilities
governing the way countries and international bodies act in international
waters. For instance, UNCLOS details the requirements of search and rescue
at sea. In 1994, the US signed the agreement. However, it did not ratify
it.

Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), 1989
The CRC is a landmark human rights document for several reasons. It’s the
first defining agreement on the rights of children, and it incorporate a
wide range of rights (education, health, justice) for minors. It achieved
broad support very quickly, with near-unanimous ratification across the
globe.

The US signed the agreement in 1995. It is the only country that has not
ratified it.

Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, 1996
Although the treaty banning nuclear testing was adopted by the UN Assembly
General in 1996, and has been ratified by 166 countries, the agreement is
not yet into effect due to eight key countries who have not yet ratified
it. The US, which signed in 1996, is one of them—the others are China,
Egypt, India, Iran, Israel, North Korea, and Pakistan.

Mine-Ban Treaty, or Ottawa Treaty, 1997
The mine ban’s goal is to eliminate anti-person mines, prohibiting their
production, stockpiling, or use. The US is one of 33 states (including
Russia, India, and China) that have signed but not ratified the treaty.

Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, 1998
The Rome treaty establishing an international criminal court was
negotiated by 148 countries. Of them, 120 approved of the final draft in
1998 (pdf), seven opposed it, and 21 abstained from voting.

Bill Clinton signed the agreement in 2000 but delayed submitting it to the
Senate for ratification, on the grounds that the US needed to observe how
the tribunal worked. Two years later, after the treaty had come into full
effect and been ratified by 60 countries, George W Bush informed the
United Nations that the US no longer intended to submit the agreement to
the Senate for ratification at all.

Kyoto Protocol, 1997
Though the US signed the agreement limiting carbon emissions, it never
intended to ratify it. The US is one of just four UN member states that
have not enforced the agreement, with Andorra, Canada, and South Sudan.

Paris Climate Accord, 2015
The Paris deal to mitigate climate change by reducing emissions was signed
by 195 member states in 2015, and became effective the following year.
President Trump withdrew from the agreement on June 1, 2017. However, the
US is still bound to follow the Paris deal’s requirements until 2020.
Several more international treaties are pending ratification from the US
Senate, for a total of 45 between 1949 and 2017. The US is also notably
absent from signing prominent international treaties including the Mine
Ban Treaty, the Convention Against Torture, and on the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities.

Dave Plowman (News)

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 9:59:37 AM12/5/21
to
In article <soid2a$vau$2...@dont-email.me>,
No. It simply means you didn't know the implications of it. Since those
who persuaded you it was a good idea made very sure to keep them from you.
Or even worse, didn't know them either. Which is no surprise with Bojo and
his like.

--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:13:03 AM12/5/21
to
Once again, typical of a remoaner, you believe you know what Brexiters
'know'.

Anonymous

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:28:28 AM12/5/21
to
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:42:48 +0000, Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>On 04/12/2021 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
>> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>>> Pamela wrote
>>>> Sysadmin wrote
>>
>>>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland,
the
>>>>> Financial Times reported.
>>
>>>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
>>>> Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.
>>
>>> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the
terrorism.
>>
>> Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.
>
>The Taliban never had a history of terrorism in the West. It does make
>you wonder why they entered Afghanistan. Of course claiming that your
>intelligence sources said Osama Bin Ladin made the invasion inevitable.
>
>Remind us, in which country was he assassinated?



OBL died of renal failure in 1991.
He was a CIA man who was also known as Col Tim Osman.
remember the Col "Oli" north fiasco?
Good friend of OBL who sold arms to terrorists called the Contras.
Also known as the Iran - Contra affair.
Now go back to the BBC. full of non Christians and thir shit
eating indians.
As British as a bagel.

Dave Plowman (News)

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:33:07 AM12/5/21
to
In article <soiktr$nuu$1...@dont-email.me>,
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> Once again, typical of a remoaner, you believe you know what Brexiters
> 'know'.

Typical of a Brexiteer. Claiming to know what others know.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:35:07 AM12/5/21
to
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>>> Pamela wrote
>>>> Sysadmin wrote

>>>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>>>>> Financial Times reported.

>>>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the Brexit
>>>> agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

>>> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the
>>> terrorism.

>> Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.

> The Taliban never had a history of terrorism in the West.

Yes, but they did allow terrorist training camps in Afghanistan
and the terrorists those produced did a lot of damage in the west.

That’s why the Taliban were fucked over by the west.

> It does make you wonder why they entered Afghanistan.

Nope, that was always obvious to anyone with even half a clue.

> Of course claiming that your intelligence sources said Osama Bin Ladin
> made the invasion inevitable.

It was given the 9/11 result.

> Remind us, in which country was he assassinated?

Irrelevant to where he was when he was involved with producing 9/11.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:37:23 AM12/5/21
to
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
Not even possible to do that quietly, Harley Davidson
would howl about it very loudly indeed.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:45:34 AM12/5/21
to
Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> However as we would not have the Goodfriday agreement if it were not for
> the US

That’s bullshit. It would have happened anyway.

> they would seem justified in being worried, don't you think?

Nope. There isn't going to be war again, you watch.

> What has this to dowith DIY?

Nothing, just like Brexit and elections etc never did either.

> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 10:58:51 AM12/5/21
to
R Souls <ron....@aol.com> wrote
Go and fuck yourself, again.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 11:05:50 AM12/5/21
to
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
>> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:

>> >> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>> >> products
>> >> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> >> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> >> Times reported.
>> >
>> > Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this
>> > goverment
>> > wants.
>> >
>> > Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>> >
>> > There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the
>> > UK
>> > had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves
>> > compromises
>> > on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.
>
>> There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
>> the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
>> for electronically.

> But Brexiteers didn't want soft borders. They wanted
> the UK to be totally in charge of its borders.

That’s a lie with the UK/Ireland border.

> And it never occurred to them what would
> happen if other countries did the same.

More of your mindless one eyed remoaner bullshit.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 11:07:42 AM12/5/21
to
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote
>> Pamela wrote
>>> Sysadmin wrote

>> >> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>> >> products
>> >> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> >> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> >> Times reported.
>> >
>> > Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the Brexit
>> > agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.
>> >
>> > Just when Boris thought he could welch on his agreement.
>
>> Like us telling them to curb gun ownership, because too many people are
>> killed by unstable people.
>
> While we continue to sell arms to all and sundry.

That is a bare faced lie too. The UK never did to the IRA or the Taliban or
bin Laden.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 11:22:25 AM12/5/21
to
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>>> Pamela wrote
>>>> Sysadmin wrote

>>>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>>>>> Financial Times reported.

>>>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the Brexit
>>>> agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

>>> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the
>>> terrorism.

>> Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.

> I was referring to the Irish problem where most of the funds came from the
> USA.

That wasn’t the govt which is what does tariffs.


Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 11:52:00 AM12/5/21
to
On 05/12/2021 15:32, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article <soiktr$nuu$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>> Once again, typical of a remoaner, you believe you know what Brexiters
>> 'know'.
>
> Typical of a Brexiteer. Claiming to know what others know.

Your lack of English comprehension is noted.


Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 11:57:54 AM12/5/21
to
On 05/12/2021 16:44, Jethro_uk wrote:
> Most Breixteers know less than they think. And that's using the word as a
> noun *and* a verb.

That claim doesn't seem to be bourne out by this thread. The only person
here who knows less than they think, or believe, is DP. To the best of
my knowledge I believe he is a remoaner. Unless you're saying I'm now wrong?

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:00:52 PM12/5/21
to
On 05/12/2021 16:43, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:58:51 +0000, Fredxx wrote:
>
>> On 05/12/2021 11:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>> [quoted text muted]
>>
>> As per typical of a remoaner, you believe you know how Brexiters think.
>
> Most Brexiteers *didn't* think. That was the problem.

Once again, a remoaner knows what Brexiteers think. Do you believe your
word and vote is worth more than others'?

Do you hate democracy so much you'd prefer a totalitarian state, or one
run by unions?



Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:02:23 PM12/5/21
to
On 05/12/2021 16:45, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:37:25 +0000, Sysadmin wrote:
>
>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner
>
> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to beat off
> the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.

Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that. You probably don't
recall that many were suggesting simply reverting to WTO tariffs.

Fredxx

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:03:44 PM12/5/21
to
It did to Libyans fighting against state forces.

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:08:46 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:58:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
williamwright addressing trolling Rodent Speed:
"You are an insecure blathermouth with an inferiority complex."
MID: <j08dic...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:09:18 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:05:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID: <f9056fe6-1479-40ff...@googlegroups.com>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:09:44 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:07:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Tim+ about trolling Rodent Speed:
He is by far the most persistent troll who seems to be able to get under the
skin of folk who really should know better.
Since when did arguing with a troll ever achieve anything (beyond giving
the troll pleasure)?
MID: <1421057667.659518815.743...@news.individual.net>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:10:05 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:35:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Marland answering senile Rodent's statement, "I don't leak":
"That’s because so much piss and shite emanates from your gob that there is
nothing left to exit normally, your arsehole has clammed shut through disuse
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a Wanker."
Message-ID: <gm2h57...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:12:27 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:22:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"
Message-ID: <plbf76$gfl$1...@dont-email.me>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:12:55 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:37:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
williamwright addressing Rodent Speed:
"This is getting beyond ridiculous now. You're trying to prove black's
white. You're arguing with someone who has been involved with the issues all
his working life when you clearly have no knowledge at all. I think you're
just being a pillock for the sake of it. You clearly don't actually believe
your own words. You must have a very empty life, and a sad embittered soul.
MID: <j08o6b...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:13:47 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:45:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>


--
Java Jive to senile Rodent:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
"Nyah nyah nanyah nyah!", but surely you can be even more juvenile than
that?
MID: <ppouqi$1ror$1...@gioia.aioe.org>

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:54:53 PM12/5/21
to
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
> Jethro_uk wrote
>> Sysadmin wrote

>>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner

>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
>> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to beat off
>> the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.

> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that. You probably don't
> recall that many were suggesting simply reverting to WTO tariffs.

There are no WTO tariffs, just WTO rules about tariffs.

Which china is flouting with impunity since there is no way to enforce them.

Rod Speed

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 12:58:18 PM12/5/21
to
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
That’s not ALL, stupid.

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 1:00:50 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 04:54:46 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Bod addressing senile Rodent:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."
Message-ID: <gfbb94...@mid.individual.net>

John Brown

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 1:02:53 PM12/5/21
to
Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:00:48 +0000, Fredxx wrote:
>
>> On 05/12/2021 16:43, Jethro_uk wrote:
>>> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:58:51 +0000, Fredxx wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 05/12/2021 11:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>>>> [quoted text muted]
>>>>
>>>> As per typical of a remoaner, you believe you know how Brexiters
>>>> think.
>>>
>>> Most Brexiteers *didn't* think. That was the problem.
>>
>> Once again, a remoaner knows what Brexiteers think. Do you believe your
>> word and vote is worth more than others'?
>
> I believe a lot of Brexiteers - certainly the couple that asked my wife
> when she was "going back" (based on her surname) voted because they
> thought they'd see a mass exodus of brown people.

We have in fact seen lots of EUians who chose to leave.

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 2:08:33 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 05:02:46 +1100, John Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rodent Speed, wrote:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"Shit you're thick/pathetic excuse for a troll."
MID: <ogoa38$pul$1...@news.mixmin.net>

Peeler

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 2:08:59 PM12/5/21
to
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 04:58:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

<FLUSH the abnormal trolling senile cretin's latest trollshit unread>

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
"Auto-contradictor Rod is back! (in the KF)"
MID: <XnsA97071CF43...@85.214.115.223>

John Brown

unread,
Dec 5, 2021, 2:39:52 PM12/5/21