OT: Is it time to fuck the US off for interfering in UK domestic politics.

Sysadmin

Dec 4, 2021, 7:15:07 AM12/4/21

The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to change
post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial Times
reported.

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 4, 2021, 7:19:39 AM12/4/21
Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.

More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.

If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
publicising it.
The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.

Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'

--
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.”

― Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles à M. Claparede, Professeur de
Théologie à Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 4, 2021, 7:28:03 AM12/4/21
In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
wants.

Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Richard

Dec 4, 2021, 8:37:43 AM12/4/21
> In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.
>
> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
> wants.
>
> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

Why?

Sysadmin

Dec 4, 2021, 10:30:06 AM12/4/21
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 12:19:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.
>>
> Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>
> More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>
> If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
> publicising it.
> The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
> the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.
>
> Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'

That was my stance in 2016.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 4, 2021, 10:36:46 AM12/4/21
In article <sog1hp$21j$1...@dont-email.me>,
Seems very odd you Brexiteers blame anyone you can about Brexit not
working as you claimed it would. Could it be the UK isn't as powerful as
it was in Victorian times? That Brexiteers seem stuck in?

--
*I have a degree in liberal arts -- do you want fries with that

Pamela

Dec 4, 2021, 11:01:03 AM12/4/21
Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

Just when Boris thought he could welch on his agreement.

Rod Speed

Dec 4, 2021, 11:25:21 AM12/4/21
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.

> Meaning you expect all other countries
> to do exactly what this goverment wants.

> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

> There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if
> the UK had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves
> compromises on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

Neither would the EU because it is in their interest
to make it appear to be very hard to leave the EU.

Rod Speed

Dec 4, 2021, 11:34:03 AM12/4/21
Richard <smit...@btinternet.com.invalid> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>>> Times reported.

>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
>> wants.

>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?

> Why?

Because that was the UK trying to tell Afghanistan how they must do things.

And got told by the Taliban to go and fuck themselves.

Sysadmin

Dec 4, 2021, 12:05:14 PM12/4/21
Like us telling them to curb gun ownership, because too many people are
killed by unstable people.

R Souls

Dec 4, 2021, 12:24:44 PM12/4/21
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 15:36:35 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
<da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

>In article <sog1hp$21j$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:

>> > Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>> >
>> > More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>> >
>> > If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
>> > publicising it.
>> > The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
>> > the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.
>> >
>> > Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'
>
>> That was my stance in 2016.
>
>Seems very odd you Brexiteers blame anyone you can about Brexit not
>working as you claimed it would. Could it be the UK isn't as powerful as
>it was in Victorian times? That Brexiteers seem stuck in?

It's a shame that these gammon right whingers are so unhappy at the
way brexit is turning out. You could almost cry for them.

On second thoughts, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!

Fredxx

Dec 4, 2021, 12:44:33 PM12/4/21
> In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
>> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
>> Times reported.
>
> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
> wants.
>
> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>
> There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
> had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
> on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
for electronically.

There will always be smuggling, indeed it is currently rife across the
border as we speak. There is a thriving market in black-market booze and
cigarettes. But most sales through retail outlets will be legitimate as
always.

Fredxx

Dec 4, 2021, 12:46:07 PM12/4/21
On 04/12/2021 16:33, Rod Speed wrote:
> Richard <smit...@btinternet.com.invalid> wrote
>> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

>>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this
>>> goverment wants.
>
>>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>
>> Why?
>
> Because that was the UK trying to tell Afghanistan how they must do things.
>
> And got told by the Taliban to go and fuck themselves.

I didn't get that message. The one I got was the UK was hiding under the
US's skirt. When the US said jump, we would courteously ask 'how high'.

Rod Speed

Dec 4, 2021, 1:01:53 PM12/4/21
R Souls <ron....@aol.com> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
>> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote
>>> The Natural Philosopher wrote

>>> That was my stance in 2016.
>>
>>Seems very odd you Brexiteers blame anyone you can about Brexit not
>>working as you claimed it would. Could it be the UK isn't as powerful as
>>it was in Victorian times? That Brexiteers seem stuck in?

> It's a shame that these gammon right whingers
> are so unhappy at the way brexit is turning out.

Fuck all of them are.

Rod Speed

Dec 4, 2021, 1:07:26 PM12/4/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Richard <smit...@btinternet.com.invalid> wrote
>>> Dave Plowman (News) wrote

>>> Why?

>> Because that was the UK trying to tell Afghanistan how they must do
>> things.

>> And got told by the Taliban to go and fuck themselves.

> I didn't get that message.

Then you need to keep up, as always.

> The one I got was the UK was hiding under the US's skirt.

There never was any US skirt in Afghanistan or Iraq.

> When the US said jump, we would courteously ask 'how high'.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that’s saying something.

Peeler

Dec 4, 2021, 2:01:50 PM12/4/21
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 03:25:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/

alan_m

Dec 4, 2021, 2:30:56 PM12/4/21
On 04/12/2021 16:00, Pamela wrote:
> On 12:15 4 Dec 2021, Sysadmin said:
>>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>> Financial Times reported.
>
> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
> Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the terrorism.

Richard

Dec 4, 2021, 2:44:06 PM12/4/21
Awful stutter you have there.

Fredxx

Dec 4, 2021, 2:50:30 PM12/4/21
On 04/12/2021 19:30, alan_m wrote:
> On 04/12/2021 16:00, Pamela wrote:
>> On 12:15  4 Dec 2021, Sysadmin said:
>>>
>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's
>>> threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the
>>> Financial Times reported.
>>
>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the
>> Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.
>>

> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the terrorism.

By US definition, state sponsored acts of terrorism isn't terrorism.

We also sponsor the overturning of governments, we need to look at our
own record before criticising anyone else.

Fredxx

Dec 4, 2021, 2:54:50 PM12/4/21
On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:

Do we still have the tit-for-tat tariffs on Harley Davidsons and similar
items that the EU imposed?

Rod Speed

Dec 4, 2021, 4:45:10 PM12/4/21
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Pamela wrote
>> Sysadmin wrote

>>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal
>>> products from the United Kingdom because of concern over
>>> London's threat to change post-Brexit trading rules in
>>> Northern Ireland, the Financial Times reported.

>> Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement
>> the Brexit agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.

> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the terrorism.

Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.

Rod Speed

Dec 4, 2021, 4:47:23 PM12/4/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
Nope.

Peeler

Dec 4, 2021, 5:09:06 PM12/4/21
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:45:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to trolling Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: <ev1p6ml7ywd5$.d...@sqwertz.com>

Peeler

Dec 4, 2021, 5:09:38 PM12/4/21
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 08:47:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Tim+ about trolling Rodent Speed:
He is by far the most persistent troll who seems to be able to get under the
skin of folk who really should know better.
Since when did arguing with a troll ever achieve anything (beyond giving
the troll pleasure)?
MID: <1421057667.659518815.743...@news.individual.net>

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 5:42:52 AM12/5/21
The Taliban never had a history of terrorism in the West. It does make
you wonder why they entered Afghanistan. Of course claiming that your
intelligence sources said Osama Bin Ladin made the invasion inevitable.

Remind us, in which country was he assassinated?

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 5:43:44 AM12/5/21
Well, perhaps they should be quietly re-imposed.

Anonymous

Dec 5, 2021, 5:46:42 AM12/5/21
On Sat, 4 Dec 2021 12:19:35 +0000, The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On 04/12/2021 12:15, Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
>> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to change
>> post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial Times
>> reported.
>>
>Well eh financial times is pink by name, pink by nature.
>
>More remoaners per square inch than the Guardian.
>
>If the EU and the States had so much power they wouldn't bother
>publicising it.
>The problem is that these peole still think they can reverse brexit, and
>the more independence the UK gets the less chance they have of doing it.
>
>Boris should have simply gone 'no deal'

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/letters-to-the-editor-lithuanian-jew-in-no10/
Letters to the Editor: ‘Lithuanian Jew in No10?’
Send us your comments to: PO Box 815, Edgware, HA8 4SX or email us at let...@thejngroup.com
Jewish News Reporter
By Jewish News Reporter July 14, 2019, 8:31 am
Lithuanian Jew in No10?
The ancestry of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is as charismatic as the man himself, and includes Sunni Muslims, Anglicans, Roman Catholics, Protestant dissenters and even the British Royal Family itself. More importantly, he also has a Jewish line.
https://www.lzb.lt/en/2020/04/06/lithuanian-news-outlet-on-boris-johnsons-litvak-roots/

Lithuanian News Outlet on Boris Johnson’s Litvak Roots
2020-04-06
Boris Johnson’s family ties with Lithuania
the Lithuania Tribune, DELFI
July 25, 2016
Britain’s new foreign secretary Boris Johnson has ancestral ties with Lithuania. The controversial politician’s great grandfather was a Litvak born in Žemaičių Kalvarija, the famous American palaeographer Elias Avery Lowe (Loew).
Elias was born in Žemaičių Kalvarija in Lithuania in 1879. His family migrated from the Russian Empire to New York when he was 12.

Deport him back home.

Printed on pink paper becasue it was cheaper all those years ago.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Dec 5, 2021, 5:49:33 AM12/5/21
However as we would not have the Goodfriday agreement if it were not for the
US they would seem justified in being worried, don't you think?
What has this to dowith DIY?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Sysadmin" <j...@home.net> wrote in message

R Souls

Dec 5, 2021, 6:31:25 AM12/5/21
Mind your own business and bugger off.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 5, 2021, 7:01:55 AM12/5/21
In article <sog9dt$rqs$1...@dont-email.me>,
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> On 04/12/2021 12:27, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > In article <sofm47$a8k$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote:
> >
> >> The United States will delay a deal to remove tariffs on metal products
> >> from the United Kingdom because of concern over London's threat to
> >> change post-Brexit trading rules in Northern Ireland, the Financial
> >> Times reported.
> >
> > Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
> > wants.
> >
> > Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
> >
> > There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
> > had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
> > on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.

> There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
> the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
> for electronically.

But Brexiteers didn't want soft borders. They wanted the UK to be totally
in charge of its borders. And it never occurred to them what would happen
if other countries did the same.

> There will always be smuggling, indeed it is currently rife across the
> border as we speak. There is a thriving market in black-market booze and
> cigarettes. But most sales through retail outlets will be legitimate as
> always.

Good to here Brexit is done, then. ;-)

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 5, 2021, 7:01:56 AM12/5/21
In article <sog744$21j$2...@dont-email.me>,
While we continue to sell arms to all and sundry.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up.*

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 7:58:54 AM12/5/21
> In article <sog9dt$rqs$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 04/12/2021 12:27, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

>>> Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this goverment
>>> wants.
>>>
>>> Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>>>
>>> There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the UK
>>> had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves compromises
>>> on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.
>
>> There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
>> the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
>> for electronically.
>
> But Brexiteers didn't want soft borders.

As per typical of a remoaner, you believe you know how Brexiters think.

I have no problem with soft borders. Does that mean you think I never
supported Brexit?

Max Demian

Dec 5, 2021, 8:08:38 AM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 10:49, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

> However as we would not have the Goodfriday agreement if it were not for the
> US they would seem justified in being worried, don't you think?
> What has this to dowith DIY?

GFA. Good for terrorists. (And governments that supported them, like in
the USA and RoI.)

--
Max Demian

alan_m

Dec 5, 2021, 8:56:31 AM12/5/21
On 04/12/2021 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
I was referring to the Irish problem where most of the funds came from
the USA.

Sysadmin

Dec 5, 2021, 9:37:30 AM12/5/21
On Sat, 04 Dec 2021 19:20:35 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:
> I don't read much news these days, so must have missed the bit where the
> US signed an international treaty on internal gun control that the UK
> could harangue them about.
>
> Maybe you'd be so kind as to post a cite. Just so I know we are
> comparing apples and apples.

Here is a few other though:

One of the dangerous consequences of violating the Iran deal is a loss of
credibility for the US, say critics of Donald Trump’s decision including
former president Barack Obama. Iran and all other parties have respected
the deal’s terms, they point out, making the US look like an unreliable
international partner.

Well, the US is an unreliable international partner—and it has long been
one, even before the current administration pulled out from the Trans-
Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Paris agreement on climate change, and
threatened to end NAFTA. History is dotted with treaties that the US has
signed but not ratified, signed and then unsigned, and even refused to
sign after pushing everyone else to sign.

Capriciousness about international treaties is an old US tradition. It
starts with the country’s very creation: hundreds of treaties signed with
Native American tribes that were either broken, or not ratified. Today,
the US is one of the countries to have ratified the fewest number of
international human rights treaties—of the 18 agreements passed by the UN,
America has only ratified five.

Treaties between the US and American Indian Nations (1722-1869)
According to the US national archives, 374 treaties (pdf, p.4) signed
between the US and Native American Tribes from 1772 to 1867 were ratified.
Of these, many were not respected: Only one article of the Pickering
Treaty, or Treaty of Canadaigua of 1794, for instance, has been observed.
Many others (18 in California alone, signed during the Gold Rush) were not
even ratified. These include Treaty K, or the California Treaty, which
promised reservations to American Indians within the state.

Treaty of Versailles, 1919
President Woodrow Wilson was a promoter and negotiator of the treaty that
ended World War I. The agreement was signed between the Allied Powers and
Germany; commenting on the US’s role in brokering the deal, Wilson
famously said, “At last the world knows America as the savior of the
world!”

However, the president encountered strong and growing opposition to the
treaty in Congress, and the US never ratified the Treaty of Versailles. In
fact, the US didn’t formally end its war against Germany and the former
Austro-Hungarian empire until 1921.

International Labor Convention, 1949
The oldest treaty currently pending ratification in the Senate is an
international recognition of the freedom of association and protection of
the right to organize. The agreement was signed by 154 countries,
including the US, and entered in full effect in 1950. However, the US
never ratified it (pdf).

Geneva Agreement, 1954
The Conference of Geneva in 1954 was called to put a final end to the
Korean War and First Indochina War. The treaty was signed by Vietnam,
France, China, the USSR, and the UK. Although the US participated in the
conference and negotiations, it eventually refused to sign. However, it
did agree to respect the ceasefire.

International Covenant on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ICESCR),
1966
Building onto the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the ICESCR
expands the notion of basic rights beyond civil and political provisions.
The agreement has been ratified by 166 countries. The US has signed, but
has not ratified, the covenant.

The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discriminations Against
Women (CEDAW), 1979
By signing CEDAW in 1980, the US become one of 156 signatories of a
landmark agreement to end gender discrimination. Shortly after signing,
then-president Jimmy Carter submitted the agreement for ratification to
the Senate. It’s still waiting.

The Law of the Sea, 1982
The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) was held in Jamaica
between 1973 and 1982. It established a set of rules and responsibilities
governing the way countries and international bodies act in international
waters. For instance, UNCLOS details the requirements of search and rescue
at sea. In 1994, the US signed the agreement. However, it did not ratify
it.

Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), 1989
The CRC is a landmark human rights document for several reasons. It’s the
first defining agreement on the rights of children, and it incorporate a
wide range of rights (education, health, justice) for minors. It achieved
broad support very quickly, with near-unanimous ratification across the
globe.

The US signed the agreement in 1995. It is the only country that has not
ratified it.

Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, 1996
Although the treaty banning nuclear testing was adopted by the UN Assembly
General in 1996, and has been ratified by 166 countries, the agreement is
not yet into effect due to eight key countries who have not yet ratified
it. The US, which signed in 1996, is one of them—the others are China,
Egypt, India, Iran, Israel, North Korea, and Pakistan.

Mine-Ban Treaty, or Ottawa Treaty, 1997
The mine ban’s goal is to eliminate anti-person mines, prohibiting their
production, stockpiling, or use. The US is one of 33 states (including
Russia, India, and China) that have signed but not ratified the treaty.

Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, 1998
The Rome treaty establishing an international criminal court was
negotiated by 148 countries. Of them, 120 approved of the final draft in
1998 (pdf), seven opposed it, and 21 abstained from voting.

Bill Clinton signed the agreement in 2000 but delayed submitting it to the
Senate for ratification, on the grounds that the US needed to observe how
the tribunal worked. Two years later, after the treaty had come into full
effect and been ratified by 60 countries, George W Bush informed the
United Nations that the US no longer intended to submit the agreement to
the Senate for ratification at all.

Kyoto Protocol, 1997
Though the US signed the agreement limiting carbon emissions, it never
intended to ratify it. The US is one of just four UN member states that
have not enforced the agreement, with Andorra, Canada, and South Sudan.

Paris Climate Accord, 2015
The Paris deal to mitigate climate change by reducing emissions was signed
by 195 member states in 2015, and became effective the following year.
President Trump withdrew from the agreement on June 1, 2017. However, the
US is still bound to follow the Paris deal’s requirements until 2020.
Several more international treaties are pending ratification from the US
Senate, for a total of 45 between 1949 and 2017. The US is also notably
absent from signing prominent international treaties including the Mine
Ban Treaty, the Convention Against Torture, and on the Rights of Persons
with Disabilities.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 5, 2021, 9:59:37 AM12/5/21
In article <soid2a$vau$2...@dont-email.me>,
No. It simply means you didn't know the implications of it. Since those
who persuaded you it was a good idea made very sure to keep them from you.
Or even worse, didn't know them either. Which is no surprise with Bojo and
his like.

--
*You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 10:13:03 AM12/5/21
Once again, typical of a remoaner, you believe you know what Brexiters
'know'.

Anonymous

Dec 5, 2021, 10:28:28 AM12/5/21
On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 10:42:48 +0000, Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>On 04/12/2021 21:45, Rod Speed wrote:
>> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>>> Pamela wrote

>>> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the
terrorism.

>> Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.
>
>The Taliban never had a history of terrorism in the West. It does make
>you wonder why they entered Afghanistan. Of course claiming that your
>intelligence sources said Osama Bin Ladin made the invasion inevitable.
>
>Remind us, in which country was he assassinated?

OBL died of renal failure in 1991.
He was a CIA man who was also known as Col Tim Osman.
remember the Col "Oli" north fiasco?
Good friend of OBL who sold arms to terrorists called the Contras.
Also known as the Iran - Contra affair.
Now go back to the BBC. full of non Christians and thir shit
eating indians.
As British as a bagel.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 5, 2021, 10:33:07 AM12/5/21
In article <soiktr$nuu$1...@dont-email.me>,
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> Once again, typical of a remoaner, you believe you know what Brexiters
> 'know'.

Typical of a Brexiteer. Claiming to know what others know.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 10:35:07 AM12/5/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>>> Pamela wrote

>>> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the
>>> terrorism.

>> Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.

> The Taliban never had a history of terrorism in the West.

Yes, but they did allow terrorist training camps in Afghanistan
and the terrorists those produced did a lot of damage in the west.

That’s why the Taliban were fucked over by the west.

> It does make you wonder why they entered Afghanistan.

Nope, that was always obvious to anyone with even half a clue.

> Of course claiming that your intelligence sources said Osama Bin Ladin
> made the invasion inevitable.

It was given the 9/11 result.

> Remind us, in which country was he assassinated?

Irrelevant to where he was when he was involved with producing 9/11.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 10:37:23 AM12/5/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
Not even possible to do that quietly, Harley Davidson
would howl about it very loudly indeed.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 10:45:34 AM12/5/21
Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> However as we would not have the Goodfriday agreement if it were not for
> the US

That’s bullshit. It would have happened anyway.

> they would seem justified in being worried, don't you think?

Nope. There isn't going to be war again, you watch.

> What has this to dowith DIY?

Nothing, just like Brexit and elections etc never did either.

> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 10:58:51 AM12/5/21
R Souls <ron....@aol.com> wrote
Go and fuck yourself, again.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 11:05:50 AM12/5/21
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
>> Dave Plowman (News) wrote

>> > Meaning you expect all other countries to do exactly what this
>> > goverment
>> > wants.
>> >
>> > Remind me of just how long ago the UK left Afghanistan?
>> >
>> > There would have been no problems at all with the Irish border if the
>> > UK
>> > had negotiated a decent deal with the EU. But a deal involves
>> > compromises
>> > on both sides. Something Little Britain would never accept.
>
>> There are many soft borders in the world. Since most trading is done B2B
>> the import and exports and their tariffs would be automatically catered
>> for electronically.

> But Brexiteers didn't want soft borders. They wanted
> the UK to be totally in charge of its borders.

That’s a lie with the UK/Ireland border.

> And it never occurred to them what would
> happen if other countries did the same.

More of your mindless one eyed remoaner bullshit.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 11:07:42 AM12/5/21
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Sysadmin <j...@home.net> wrote
>> Pamela wrote
>>> Sysadmin wrote

>> > Oh dear. How inconvenient that America wants us to implement the Brexit
>> > agreement the UK proposed and signed a year ago.
>> >
>> > Just when Boris thought he could welch on his agreement.
>
>> Like us telling them to curb gun ownership, because too many people are
>> killed by unstable people.
>
> While we continue to sell arms to all and sundry.

That is a bare faced lie too. The UK never did to the IRA or the Taliban or
bin Laden.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 11:22:25 AM12/5/21
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote
>>> Pamela wrote

>>> The Americans have a vested interest having funded most of the
>>> terrorism.

>> Bullshit they did in Afghanistan.

> I was referring to the Irish problem where most of the funds came from the
> USA.

That wasn’t the govt which is what does tariffs.

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 11:52:00 AM12/5/21
> In article <soiktr$nuu$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>> Once again, typical of a remoaner, you believe you know what Brexiters
>> 'know'.
>
> Typical of a Brexiteer. Claiming to know what others know.

Your lack of English comprehension is noted.

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 11:57:54 AM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 16:44, Jethro_uk wrote:
> Most Breixteers know less than they think. And that's using the word as a
> noun *and* a verb.

That claim doesn't seem to be bourne out by this thread. The only person
here who knows less than they think, or believe, is DP. To the best of
my knowledge I believe he is a remoaner. Unless you're saying I'm now wrong?

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 12:00:52 PM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 16:43, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:58:51 +0000, Fredxx wrote:
>
>> On 05/12/2021 11:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>> [quoted text muted]
>>
>> As per typical of a remoaner, you believe you know how Brexiters think.
>
> Most Brexiteers *didn't* think. That was the problem.

Once again, a remoaner knows what Brexiteers think. Do you believe your
word and vote is worth more than others'?

Do you hate democracy so much you'd prefer a totalitarian state, or one
run by unions?

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 12:02:23 PM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 16:45, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:37:25 +0000, Sysadmin wrote:
>
>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner
>
> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to beat off
> the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.

Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that. You probably don't
recall that many were suggesting simply reverting to WTO tariffs.

Fredxx

Dec 5, 2021, 12:03:44 PM12/5/21
It did to Libyans fighting against state forces.

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:08:46 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:58:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

williamwright addressing trolling Rodent Speed:
"You are an insecure blathermouth with an inferiority complex."
MID: <j08dic...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:09:18 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:05:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID: <f9056fe6-1479-40ff...@googlegroups.com>

Peeler

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:10:05 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:35:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That’s because so much piss and shite emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a Wanker."

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:12:27 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 03:22:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:12:55 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:37:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

williamwright addressing Rodent Speed:
"This is getting beyond ridiculous now. You're trying to prove black's
white. You're arguing with someone who has been involved with the issues all
his working life when you clearly have no knowledge at all. I think you're
just being a pillock for the sake of it. You clearly don't actually believe
your own words. You must have a very empty life, and a sad embittered soul.
MID: <j08o6b...@mid.individual.net>

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 12:13:47 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 02:45:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Java Jive to senile Rodent:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
"Nyah nyah nanyah nyah!", but surely you can be even more juvenile than
that?
MID: <ppouqi$1ror$1...@gioia.aioe.org>

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 12:54:53 PM12/5/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
> Jethro_uk wrote
>> Sysadmin wrote

>>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner

>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
>> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to beat off
>> the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.

> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that. You probably don't
> recall that many were suggesting simply reverting to WTO tariffs.

There are no WTO tariffs, just WTO rules about tariffs.

Which china is flouting with impunity since there is no way to enforce them.

Rod Speed

Dec 5, 2021, 12:58:18 PM12/5/21
Fredxx <fre...@nospam.co.uk> wrote
That’s not ALL, stupid.

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 1:00:50 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 04:54:46 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing senile Rodent:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless
and totally irresponsible talk. Your mouth could get you into a lot of
trouble."

John Brown

Dec 5, 2021, 1:02:53 PM12/5/21
Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:00:48 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

>>> Most Brexiteers *didn't* think. That was the problem.
>>
>> Once again, a remoaner knows what Brexiteers think. Do you believe your
>> word and vote is worth more than others'?
>
> I believe a lot of Brexiteers - certainly the couple that asked my wife
> when she was "going back" (based on her surname) voted because they
> thought they'd see a mass exodus of brown people.

We have in fact seen lots of EUians who chose to leave.

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 2:08:33 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 05:02:46 +1100, John Brown, better known as cantankerous

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"Shit you're thick/pathetic excuse for a troll."
MID: <ogoa38$pul$1...@news.mixmin.net>

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 2:08:59 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 04:58:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID: <XnsA97071CF43...@85.214.115.223>

John Brown

Dec 5, 2021, 2:39:52 PM12/5/21
Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote
> While a trade deal with India (and thus Pakistan) will need an open
> border.

Nope, that’s a try on by Modi and isn't going to happen and nothing to do
with Pakistan.

> My Hindi could do with a bit of a brush up :)

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 3:15:51 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 06:39:45 +1100, John Brown, better known as cantankerous

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 5, 2021, 4:17:06 PM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 16:43, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:58:51 +0000, Fredxx wrote:
>
>> On 05/12/2021 11:59, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>>> [quoted text muted]
>>
>> As per typical of a remoaner, you believe you know how Brexiters think.
>
> Most Brexiteers *didn't* think. That was the problem.

Most Remoaners *can't* think. *That* was the problem.

They just shrieked and screamed and looked through puffed up red gammony
Little Europeaner eyes and declared unequivocally that Brexiteers were
uneducated, evil, insane and should be allowed out without their
nannies. Not realising that all the media and most of the government
were fully bought and paid for by the people who fund the EU.

And they were just the useful idiots, and still are. They believed what
they were told without thinking, because they can't.

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 5, 2021, 4:18:20 PM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 16:44, Jethro_uk wrote:
> Most Breixteers know less than they think. And that's using the word as a
> noun*and* a verb.

Most Brexiters are way less bigoted than you are. You are really rather
disgusting.

--
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit
atrocities.”

― Voltaire, Questions sur les Miracles à M. Claparede, Professeur de
Théologie à Genève, par un Proposant: Ou Extrait de Diverses Lettres de
M. de Voltaire

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 5, 2021, 4:23:13 PM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 17:33, Jethro_uk wrote:
> I believe a lot of Brexiteers - certainly the couple that asked my wife
> when she was "going back" (based on her surname) voted because they
> thought they'd see a mass exodus of brown people.

Oh dear. a total bigot is revealed.

No one expected anyone to 'go back' . No one voted for it.
They voted at most for 'less coming in'

And when instead of just the odd couple of hundred thousand applying to
stay you had *6 million*, and only 200,000 left, they were fucking right.

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 5, 2021, 4:24:40 PM12/5/21
200,000 versus 6million who applied to stay.

Kind of says something about how EU nationals' regard the EU...

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
...than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 5, 2021, 4:25:27 PM12/5/21
On 05/12/2021 19:26, Jethro_uk wrote:
> While a trade deal with India (and thus Pakistan) will need an open
> border. My Hindi could do with a bit of a brush up:)

Christ, you are a racist bigot.

Why would it?

Algernon Goss-Custard

Dec 5, 2021, 4:26:46 PM12/5/21
Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> posted
>On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:02:19 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

>>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
>>> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to beat
>>> off the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.
>>
>> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that.
>
>https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-countries-queuing-up-for-
>post-brexit-trade-deals/

Doesn't mention the USA.

--
Algernon

Algernon Goss-Custard

Dec 5, 2021, 4:26:46 PM12/5/21
Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> posted

>While a trade deal with India (and thus Pakistan) will need an open
>border.

If so, then there won't be one.

More likely, it is not the case that a trade deal will need an open
border.

--
Algernon

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 5, 2021, 4:39:59 PM12/5/21
Of course it wont.
Boris would lass less than 20 seconds and liz truss if she is still in
charge could not get to be next PM.

Its true to say that big money buys the law via the Tory government, but
only to the extent that they can get elected, and that depends on the
tory faithful not voting for someone else, and that means they also have
to keep their electorate onside. It was a close run thing with big money
desperately buying up politicians to stifle Brexit, but in the end the
Tory grass roots wanted it enough to threaten to put in UKIP or Labour.

Boris has sort of muddled a sort of brexit through, but it's still work
in progress - and he is bored and wants to play with his shag bunny and
make more babies.

Frost and Truss are doing what they can, Priti has run up against a
stone wall of civil service recalitrance and international law.

And the Tory grass roots are getting impatient. They want a competent
manager like Truss, not a bumbling libertine. Boris had his chance but
when he sacked Cummings he blew it and when he let Carrie dictate policy
the coffin was nailed shut.

He won't be fighting the next election.

--
"The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow witted
man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest

- Leo Tolstoy

John Brown

Dec 5, 2021, 5:04:50 PM12/5/21
The Natural Philosopher <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote
Bet he does.

Pamela

Dec 5, 2021, 5:11:38 PM12/5/21
On 17:35 5 Dec 2021, Jethro_uk said:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:02:19 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

>>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe
>>> or think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have
>>> to beat off the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.
>>
>> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that.
>
> https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-countries-queuing-up-fo
> r- post-brexit-trade-deals/
>
>> You probably don't recall that many were suggesting simply
>> reverting to WTO tariffs.
>
> See above. There are an embarrassment of "articles" with that theme.

Many Brexiters believed the UK had been constrained by EU tariffs from
striking a lucrative trade deal with others -- in particular our special
friend Uncle Sam.

All the post-Brexit deals we struck with other countries turned out no
different to what we had before and Uncle Sam isn't looking to do us any
special favours.

Now that the UK has started making noises about reneging on the Irish
part of the deal, Uncle Sam has threatened to put the squeeze on.

Boris's superb "oven-ready" deal has come out half-baked.

Peeler

Dec 5, 2021, 5:16:04 PM12/5/21
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 09:04:42 +1100, John Brown, better known as cantankerous

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: <ev1p6ml7ywd5$.d...@sqwertz.com>

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 6, 2021, 10:56:22 AM12/6/21
In article <XnsADF7E1C...@144.76.35.252>,
Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17:35 5 Dec 2021, Jethro_uk said:

> >> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that.
> >
> > https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-countries-queuing-up-fo
> > r- post-brexit-trade-deals/
> >
> >> You probably don't recall that many were suggesting simply
> >> reverting to WTO tariffs.
> >
> > See above. There are an embarrassment of "articles" with that theme.

> Many Brexiters believed the UK had been constrained by EU tariffs from
> striking a lucrative trade deal with others -- in particular our special
> friend Uncle Sam.

And don't forget the old Commonwealth. All the countries once in that
would just love to get back to before the EU, we were told. As if they'd
simply stood still in time...

> All the post-Brexit deals we struck with other countries turned out no
> different to what we had before and Uncle Sam isn't looking to do us any
> special favours.

> Now that the UK has started making noises about reneging on the Irish
> part of the deal, Uncle Sam has threatened to put the squeeze on.

> Boris's superb "oven-ready" deal has come out half-baked.

Odd how we were told Brexit would be so easy.

So either those leading the Brexit campaign liars - or those implementing
it totally incompetent. Most likely both. Yet lots of the same people
voted for both.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Pamela

Dec 6, 2021, 11:06:54 AM12/6/21
It was never clear where the UK's money-saving trade deals would come
from with underdeveloped Commonwealth countries -- unless we pushed
them further into poverty by paying less for their agricultural
produce.

Brexiteers seemed to think the world owed us a living and all we had
to do was go round collecting it. Calling in former favours from the
time of Empire maybe. lol!

Pamela

Dec 6, 2021, 11:09:51 AM12/6/21
On 16:45 5 Dec 2021, Jethro_uk said:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:37:25 +0000, Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner
>
> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to
> beat off the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.

The reality turned out different. Last month the press were reporting the
extra costs of exporting to the EU:

"Tariffs paid on £9.5bn of UK exports to EU despite Boris
Johnson's claim of tariff-free deal"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-tariffs-boris-
johnson-trade-deal-b1957793.html

Rod Speed

Dec 6, 2021, 12:15:57 PM12/6/21
Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote
> Dave Plowman (News) wrote
>> Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Jethro_uk wrote

>>> Many Brexiters believed the UK had been constrained by EU tariffs
>>> from striking a lucrative trade deal with others -- in particular
>>> our special friend Uncle Sam.
>>
>> And don't forget the old Commonwealth. All the countries once in
>> that would just love to get back to before the EU, we were told. As
>> if they'd simply stood still in time...

> It was never clear where the UK's money-saving trade deals
> would come from with underdeveloped Commonwealth countries

From the developed ones like Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc, stupid.

> -- unless we pushed them further into poverty
> by paying less for their agricultural produce.

More mindless silly stuff. If you pay those less than the stupid
prices paid to prop up very inefficient EU producers like France,
there is still plenty of money for there agricultural producers.
Northern Rhodesia, South Africa and Kenya all did fine before
the UK joined the EU and shut out their exports.

> Brexiteers seemed to think the world owed us a living

Nope, that plenty of them would like to export stuff to the UK at
lower prices than the UK can get the same thing from the EU, most
obviously with wine, grog, lamb, beef, pork, chicken etc etc etc.

> and all we had to do was go round collecting it. Calling
> in former favours from the time of Empire maybe. lol!

More mindless bullshit with imports to the UK.

Rod Speed

Dec 6, 2021, 12:19:04 PM12/6/21
Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote
> Jethro_uk wrote
>> Sysadmin wrote

>>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner
>>
>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
>> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to
>> beat off the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.
>
> The reality turned out different. Last month the press were reporting the
> extra costs of exporting to the EU:
>
> "Tariffs paid on £9.5bn of UK exports to EU despite Boris
> Johnson's claim of tariff-free deal"

But with the lower pound, that doesn’t necessarily mean higher prices for EU
consumers.

> https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-tariffs-boris-
> johnson-trade-deal-b1957793.html

Fredxx

Dec 6, 2021, 12:33:38 PM12/6/21
On 05/12/2021 17:33, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:00:48 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

>>> Most Brexiteers *didn't* think. That was the problem.
>>
>> Once again, a remoaner knows what Brexiteers think. Do you believe your
>> word and vote is worth more than others'?
>
> I believe a lot of Brexiteers - certainly the couple that asked my wife
> when she was "going back" (based on her surname) voted because they
> thought they'd see a mass exodus of brown people.

There are always stupid fools, and the remain voters equally so. I also
met some who believed in an economic Armageddon, some immediately after
the vote from capital leaving the UK, and others after the EU politician
would punish us in fear of other countries following suit.

Anecdotal conversation isn't evidence that everyone thinks the same way.

>> Do you hate democracy so much you'd prefer a totalitarian state, or one
>> run by unions?
>
> You assume I believe the UK is "democratic". It has some features, true.
> But "democratic" ? Hard to demonstrate given the disparity between vote
> and victor.

It is democratic in that ultimately the government is voted in by the
people. That is the important distinction between us and a country like
China. You may note that China also claims to be democratic, in that
even in a one-party system there is a belief in change.

Fredxx

Dec 6, 2021, 12:43:02 PM12/6/21
> On 05/12/2021 18:02, John Brown wrote:
>> Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote

>>> I believe a lot of Brexiteers - certainly the couple that asked my
>>> wife when she was "going back" (based on her surname) voted because
>>> they thought they'd see a mass exodus of brown people.
>>
>> We have in fact seen lots of EUians who chose to leave.
>
> 200,000 versus 6million who applied to stay.
>
> Kind of says something about how  EU nationals' regard the EU...

I know of one Romanian and two Polish families who have chosen to stay.
They went through the various silly tests on the names of Henry VIII
wives too.

I don't have a problem with such, and it was more to do with the lies
politicians Camoron came up with as well as the rapid changes, and
consequences, through a population increase over 10 years, which was
greater than any other time in the UK.

Quite simply the infrastructure still can't cope, just look at housing
and consequent increase in wealth of those holding property. And the £B
of housing benefits that paid to the already well heeled. I can't think
of better wealth distribution, from the poor and middle income to those
who own and let out property since the lottery.

Fredxx

Dec 6, 2021, 12:47:37 PM12/6/21
On 05/12/2021 17:35, Jethro_uk wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:02:19 +0000, Fredxx wrote:

>>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe or
>>> think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to beat
>>> off the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.
>>
>> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that.
>
> https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-countries-queuing-up-for-
> post-brexit-trade-deals/
>
>> You probably don't
>> recall that many were suggesting simply reverting to WTO tariffs.
>
> See above. There are an embarrassment of "articles" with that theme.

It is no more silly to believe Boris Johnson than David Camoron or
George Osbourne and their silly claims.

Or is this why you voted remain?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/20/brexit-eu-referendum-economy-project-fear

Peeler

Dec 6, 2021, 1:26:53 PM12/6/21
On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 04:15:49 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

04:15 in Australia? And you've been up and trolling since 01:05 (your first
post this night)! What a filthy useless senile cretin you are!

Peeler

Dec 6, 2021, 1:28:51 PM12/6/21
On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 04:18:55 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

04:18 in Australia? And you've been up and trolling for OVER THREE HOURS
already, yet again! Is your senility not letting you sleep in again,
subnormal senile troll?

Pamela

Dec 6, 2021, 1:30:10 PM12/6/21
On 17:02 5 Dec 2021, Fredxx said:

> On 05/12/2021 16:45, Jethro_uk wrote:
>> On Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:37:25 +0000, Sysadmin wrote:
>>
>>> Well, the US is an unreliable international partner
>>
>> No argument from me there. But that isn't what Brexiteers believe
>> or think. My recollection was that post Brexit the UK would have to
>> beat off the US with a stick in it's rush to sign a deal.
>
> Then that was very foolish of you to recollect that. You probably
> don't recall that many were suggesting simply reverting to WTO
> tariffs.

I recall Brexiteers frequently saying that in the absence of a
negotiated deal, the UK could revert to WTO tariffs. Unfortunately, it
had to be explained to those Brexiteers that there's no such thing.
This is from the debate in 2108:

"First we need to settle a frequent misunderstanding. Much comment
in the UK has inaccurately claimed that if the country cannot agree
with the EU on a long-term trade agreement by the end of the
proposed implementation period at 31 December 2020, 'the UK will be
required to apply WTO tariffs' to its trade with the EU as well as
with other countries.

There is no such thing as 'WTO tariffs': the WTO does not itself
determine tariff rates, and it does not require member countries to
charge tariffs on their imports.

Quite the reverse. Governments apply tariffs to imported goods
exclusively at their own initiative and for their own reasons"

https://trade-knowledge.net/commentary/the-uk-submits-schedules-of-post
-brexit-goods-tariffs-to-the-wto-what-that-means/

Pamela

Dec 6, 2021, 1:34:27 PM12/6/21
On 16:18 6 Dec 2021, Tim Streater said:

> On 06 Dec 2021 at 16:06:44 GMT, Pamela
> Well no we'd be paying them more. They'd get more from us than the
> EU pays them, but their goods would attact less tariffs than the EU
> charges and so would stil be cheaper here in the UK than when we
> were in the EU.

The only produce I heard in connection with that sort of deal were
bananas. (As it happened, Brexit created a new tariff for bananas from
commonwealth Ghana making them even more expensive.) Other than
bananas is there any produce now imported more cheaply from the
Commonwealth following Brexit?

A paper called "After Brexit: A Guide and Roadmap for the
Commonwealth" mentions something about no longer paying for checks on
black spot fungus on citrus fruits but that hardly counts for
anything.

It also mentions a hope that UK paperwork on imports might be cheaper
than EU paperwork on imports but it's not clear how that would happen.

On the other hand, the same paper mentions some concern shipments from
Commonwealth countries to the UK may be in smaller qualitites than
previously to the EU, thus adding to cost.

I just can't see how post-Brexit trade with the Commonwealth can
provide us with cheaper goods.

Dave Plowman (News)

Dec 6, 2021, 7:52:56 PM12/6/21
In article <j16rf2...@mid.individual.net>,
Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote:
> > It was never clear where the UK's money-saving trade deals would come
> > from with underdeveloped Commonwealth countries -- unless we pushed
> > them further into poverty by paying less for their agricultural
> > produce.

> Well no we'd be paying them more. They'd get more from us than the EU pays
> them, but their goods would attact less tariffs than the EU charges and so
> would stil be cheaper here in the UK than when we were in the EU.

Really? I'd guess you are assuming none of them are in any sort of deal
with any other country. Which might effect one with us. Just hanging
around waiting to help out good ol England.

--
*All men are idiots, and I married their King.

Rod Speed

Dec 6, 2021, 7:57:48 PM12/6/21
Dave Plowman (News) <da...@davenoise.co.uk> wrote
> Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net> wrote

>>> It was never clear where the UK's money-saving trade deals would come
>>> from with underdeveloped Commonwealth countries -- unless we pushed
>>> them further into poverty by paying less for their agricultural produce.

>> Well no we'd be paying them more. They'd get more from us than the EU
>> pays
>> them, but their goods would attact less tariffs than the EU charges and
>> so
>> would stil be cheaper here in the UK than when we were in the EU.

> Really? I'd guess you are assuming none of them are in any sort of deal
> with any other country. Which might effect one with us. Just hanging
> around waiting to help out good ol England.

Nope, to flog the UK some goods. Tad radical I realise.

Steve Walker

Dec 6, 2021, 8:10:12 PM12/6/21
Yes. Countries submit their tariffs, as a schedule, to the WTO. Those
tariffs then apply to any country that they do not have an agreement
with. Without a trade deal with, say the US, we trade with them using
the tariffs in our schedule (incoming) and their schedule (outgoing) -
hence the term "WTO tariffs", as they are the default tariffs registered
via the WTO.

Peeler

Rod Speed

Dec 6, 2021, 8:25:08 PM12/6/21
Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote
> Tim Streater wrote
Then you need a hearing aid, bad. Just as true of
wine, lamb, all meat imports, countless other stuff,
cars etc etc etc.

> (As it happened, Brexit created a new tariff for bananas from
> commonwealth Ghana making them even more expensive.)
> Other than bananas is there any produce now imported
> more cheaply from the Commonwealth following Brexit?

Wine, lamb, all meat imports, countless other stuff,
cars etc etc etc can be if the UK chooses to do that.

> A paper called "After Brexit: A Guide and Roadmap
> for the Commonwealth" mentions something about
> no longer paying for checks on black spot fungus
> on citrus fruits but that hardly counts for anything.

Pity about the tariffs.

> It also mentions a hope that UK paperwork on imports might be cheaper
> than EU paperwork on imports but it's not clear how that would happen.

Same way it did before the UK joined the EU.

> On the other hand, the same paper mentions some concern
> shipments from Commonwealth countries to the UK may be in
> smaller qualitites than previously to the EU, thus adding to cost.

More mindless one eyed bullshit.

> I just can't see how post-Brexit trade with the
> Commonwealth can provide us with cheaper goods.

Yep, you actually are that stupid with stuff with
very high tariffs when imported into the EU.

The Natural Philosopher

Dec 7, 2021, 1:17:48 AM12/7/21
Pamela is fascinating for the number of times she is wrong, and the
general ignorance.

But that is a common trait of all remainers.

--
The biggest threat to humanity comes from socialism, which has utterly
diverted our attention away from what really matters to our existential

Peeler

Dec 7, 2021, 4:38:58 AM12/7/21
On Tue, 7 Dec 2021 11:56:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rodent Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
MID: <69uiid1ftof4m6jgm...@4ax.com>

Pamela

Dec 7, 2021, 5:43:54 AM12/7/21
That's correct. It's a pity Brexiteers refused to accept there was no
such thing as "WTO tariffs" which the UK could fall back on after
leaving the EU, as lovingly explained by Brexiteers time and again.

The tariff situation was even trickier than you mention because the
schedule a country proposes to the WTO can be vetoed by any single
existing member. I recall Russia was on the brink of vetoing the UK's
proposed schedule, which would have sent a cat amongst the pigeons,
although in the end it turned out okay.

The idea of "falling back and trading on WTO terms" was never
available and the sheer ignorance of such a statement made by senior
Brexiteers showed their lack of understanding.

Rod Speed

Dec 7, 2021, 1:06:41 PM12/7/21
Pamela <pamela.priv...@gmail.com> wrote
Wrong, as always. No country gets any
say on what tariffs another country has.

> I recall Russia was on the brink of vetoing the UK's proposed schedule,

BULLSHIT.

> which would have sent a cat amongst the pigeons,
> although in the end it turned out okay.

Because that was never a possibility.

> The idea of "falling back and trading on WTO terms" was never available

Wrong, as always.

> and the sheer ignorance of such a statement made by
> senior Brexiteers showed their lack of understanding.

That’s actually your problem, although you are just an ignorant minion.

Peeler

Dec 7, 2021, 2:36:02 PM12/7/21
On Wed, 8 Dec 2021 05:06:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

pamela about trolling Rodent Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
MID: <XnsA90B720...@81.171.92.183>

Pamela

Dec 7, 2021, 4:47:35 PM12/7/21
On 18:05 7 Dec 2021, Tim Streater said:

> On 07 Dec 2021 at 10:42:18 GMT, Pamela
> Amaizing. Steve carefully explains what is meant by "WTO Tariffs",
> and then pammy immediately takes that as evidence that they don't
> exist. Some cognitive dissonance here.

If you make a more careful reading it will show I said I was in full
agreement with Steve ("That's correct") and expanded further on what
occurred when the Uk produced a schedule.

Perhaps you're making the same mistake as many Brexiteers about
"trading on WTO terms".

If you can't understand a simple explanation from Steve or me then try
Google.
It is loading more messages.