2/3 of the prison population are drug or alcohol abusers. Of the other 1/3, most if not all have mental illness!

David P

May 18, 2022, 6:11:54 PM5/18/22
2/3 of the prison population are drug or alcohol abusers.
Of the other 1/3, most if not all have mental illness!
=======================
What we know about Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect Payton Gendron
By CNN, May 18, 2022

Gendron's parents were not known to hold extremist views,
according to two New York residents who have worked with his
parents at the state Department of Transportation and who
shared their views on the condition of anonymity due to the
sensitivity of the situation. "I never thought of the family as
racist or hateful," said one coworker, who said she was heartbroken
for the victims' families as well as Payton's parents, Pam and Paul.
"I can't wrap my head around this tragedy."

Gendron was a worker at the local Conklin Reliable Market for
about four months before he left about three months ago, the store's
owner said, adding he was very quiet and left on his own terms,
giving two weeks' notice. Gendron's mother regularly would walk
in the neighborhood, neighbors said. She was a nice woman, one said,
adding they "never would have thought that in a million years" Gendron
would have racist views. "It's pretty shocking," the neighbor added.

When you talked to Payton Gendron, "you wouldn't get more than a
word or two" from him, another neighbor said. Gendron's former
classmates said while he could sometimes be a loner and "odd,"
he wasn't known to be violent. "I just don't understand what
convinced him to do this," said Bryce Gibbs, who said he attended
elementary through high school with Gendron & described him as "nice."

Gendron made a "generalized threat" in June while he attended
Susquehanna Valley Central High School in Conklin, Gramaglia said
Sunday, adding the threat was not racially motivated. State police
took the student for a mental health evaluation, Gramaglia said at a
Buffalo news conference. After a day and a half, he was released.
The suspect was visited last year by New York State Police after he
did a high school project about murder-suicides, Garcia told CNN on
Monday. Concerns about alleged mental health issues "were brought to
light" after he turned in the post-graduation project, the sheriff said.

State police spokesperson Beau Duffy said that on June 8, 2021,
state police officers responded to the high school to investigate a
report that a 17-year-old student made a threatening statement. The
student was taken into custody under NYS Mental Health Law section
9.41 and transported to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
Duffy confirmed it was an evaluation and not an involuntary commitment
-- so it would not have prevented the suspected shooter from purchasing
or possessing a gun under federal law.

State police were unable to confirm how long the person was in the
hospital or the findings of the evaluation. The agency also refused
to name the then-17-year-old. The suspect addressed the incident
in posts on Discord later shared on 4Chan, writing in a post-dated
January 30 that he "had to go to a hospital's ER because I said the
word's 'murder/suicide' to an online paper in economics class."
"I got out of it," the suspect claims, "because I stuck with the
story that I was getting out of class and I just stupidly wrote that
down. That is the reason I believe I am still able to purchase guns."
"It was not a joke," the post reads, "I wrote that down because that's
what I was planning to do."

The suspect goes on to claim his mental health evaluation lasted
only 15 minutes after he spent hours waiting in the emergency room.
CNN has reached out to New York State police about this account.
Broome County District Attorney Michael Korchak, the district
attorney in the suspect's hometown, is reviewing "all aspects" of
last year's investigation into the threat and also "going back
several years" to understand the suspected shooter's behavior and
relationships with family, teachers and other students. But it's
"hard to say" whether more should have been done in June, Korchak
told CNN. "Unfortunately this is nothing new in the criminal justice
system," Korchak said. "Individuals that have mental health issues
may have it under control for a period of time, and then one day
they just snap and things as tragic as this happen."

Investigators are talking to the suspect's parents and they are
being cooperative, Korchak said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/15/us/payton-gendron-buffalo-shooting-suspect-what-we-know/index.html

Rod Speed

May 18, 2022, 6:35:27 PM5/18/22
David P <imb...@mindspring.com> wrote

> 2/3 of the prison population are drug or alcohol abusers.

It is in fact a lot higher than that and fuck all of them are alcohol
abusers.

> Of the other 1/3, most if not all have mental illness!

Even sillier with those who murder others and domestic violence.

> =======================
> What we know about Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect Payton Gendron
> By CNN, May 18, 2022

Just because some fool claims something...

Peeler

May 18, 2022, 6:42:02 PM5/18/22
On Thu, 19 May 2022 08:35:19 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

MrTu...@down.the.farm about senile Rodent Speed:
MID: <ps10v9$uo2$1...@gioia.aioe.org>

Dave Plowman (News)

May 19, 2022, 9:17:18 AM5/19/22
Yet he - and presumably with his parent's knowledge - was allowed to buy
firearms.

--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

R D S

May 19, 2022, 10:35:55 AM5/19/22
On 18/05/2022 23:11, David P wrote:
> 2/3 of the prison population are drug or alcohol abusers.
> Of the other 1/3, most if not all have mental illness!

Not far from par with society at large I'd have thought.

Fredxx

May 19, 2022, 12:41:57 PM5/19/22
On 18/05/2022 23:35, Rod Speed wrote:
> David P <imb...@mindspring.com> wrote
>
>> 2/3 of the prison population are drug or alcohol abusers.
>
> It is in fact a lot higher than that and fuck all of them are alcohol
> abusers.
>
>> Of the other 1/3, most if not all have mental illness!
>
> Even sillier with those who murder others and domestic violence.

Mental illness is used as an excuse for poor behaviour. So I would
expect a disproportionately high number of those who describe themselves
as mentally ill to be murderers and wife/child beaters.

Rod Speed

May 19, 2022, 3:13:01 PM5/19/22
Fredxx <fre...@spam.uk> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> David P <imb...@mindspring.com> wrote
>
>>> 2/3 of the prison population are drug or alcohol abusers.

>> It is in fact a lot higher than that and fuck all of them are alcohol
>> abusers.

>>> Of the other 1/3, most if not all have mental illness!

>> Even sillier with those who murder others and domestic violence.

> Mental illness is used as an excuse for poor behaviour.

But most of the "homeless" and quite a few of those
in jail are in fact mentally ill. We don't bother to keep
them in locked loony bins anymore and most of the
loonys do prefer to not be in a locked loony bin.

> So I would expect a disproportionately high numberof those who describe
> themselves as mentally ill tobe murderers and wife/child beaters.

We aren't talking about self described loonys, we are
talking about those that medical professionals have
decided are loonys.

Peeler

May 19, 2022, 3:37:48 PM5/19/22
On Fri, 20 May 2022 05:12:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: <ev1p6ml7ywd5$.d...@sqwertz.com>

David P

May 25, 2022, 1:27:38 AM5/25/22
rod.speed wrote:
> Fredxx wrote
> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> David P wrote
---------------------
And there's also a bunch of Adult Children of Alcoholics,
who suffer from PTSD:
The general public normally associates Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
with people who have been involved in or affected by military combat. PTSD is
described in our Fellowship text on page 12 as follows: “A PTSD event or events
produce such a high state of threat or danger that experts believe it changes the
body chemistry. Long after the threat has passed, the PTSD sufferer remains on
“alert” to ward off future events that could retrigger the fear of the previous fearful event.”

A high percentage of Adult Children who grew up in dysfunctional families dealt
with our own brand of war zones where we were subjected to frequent, sometimes
daily, traumatic events. This type of on-going trauma is generally referred to as
Complex PTSD or C-PTSD. Many Adult Children are constantly on the alert,
surveying our environment – whether we are doing it consciously or unconsciously.
This keeps us from living our life fully. We act out the Laundry List Traits.

Whether your trauma experiences were ongoing or not, you can find a home in ACA
with those of us who have similar life stories.
https://adultchildren.org/resources/ptsd/

Rod Speed

May 25, 2022, 2:05:42 AM5/25/22
David P <imb...@mindspring.com> wrote
Just reading
White, Justin Tyler. A Replacement Son: The Story of
Being Prisoner to Expectations and Circumstance

Poor little kid even in grade school in the USA had
to keep track of where he was at all times when out
with his alcoholic drug addict mum so he could tell
his grandad where he was when his mum had
passed out again so he could tell his grandad
where to come and get him in some bar or other etc.

> Whether your trauma experiences were ongoing or not, you canfind a home

Peeler

May 25, 2022, 4:14:47 AM5/25/22
On Wed, 25 May 2022 16:05:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID: <f9056fe6-1479-40ff...@googlegroups.com>

ARW

May 26, 2022, 2:02:36 PM5/26/22
> Yet he - and presumably with his parent's knowledge - was allowed to buy
> firearms.

Brenda Ann Spencer's Dad bought her the gun.