thieving traveller scum ....

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 10:28:32 AM7/31/20

Gareth Evans

Jul 31, 2020, 10:41:33 AM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 15:28, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46544144

... and yet no plod is serving time for killing
an innocent member of the public.

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 10:43:43 AM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 15:28, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46544144

"thieving traveller scum" - thieving scum I'd accept, but by including
the word traveller you're effectively making a nasty racist slur against
the whole traveller community.

What happens is that every time there's an incident involving travellers
it gets reported as such and reinforces your prejudices.

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 10:46:47 AM7/31/20
indeed

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 10:52:07 AM7/31/20
Pleased we all agree you're a prejudiced bugger. :)

I'm probably a naive fool, but I'd prefer it that way round.

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 10:54:41 AM7/31/20
hate scumbags and people with stupid religions ...

T i m

Jul 31, 2020, 11:30:16 AM7/31/20
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:00:03 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
<jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:43:41 +0100, GB wrote:
>
>> On 31/07/2020 15:28, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
>>> [quoted text muted]
>>

>> "thieving traveller scum" - thieving scum I'd accept, but by including
>> the word traveller you're effectively making a nasty racist slur against
>> the whole traveller community.
>
>"Traveller" or gypsy/Roma ? There's a clear distinction. One are a bunch
>of thieving scum, and one is gypsy/Roma.

Not sure any such label was necessary or we should also say 'thieving
white / black / Christian / Catholic / Muslim / Hindu / Jewish / upper
/ middle / lower class / <nationality> / <gender> scum?'

I'm pretty sure there *isn't* a category from the above plus loads of
others that doesn't contain the range of good to bad people.

It's just that the ignorant / bigot / racist's can't help adding a
label when it's not the same as them.

Cheers, T i m

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 11:32:08 AM7/31/20
It's a shame you are so full of hate. You'd be much happier if you weren't.

Anyway, there are some good bits for you to read in the Judge's
sentencing remarks.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/LONG-BOWERS-COLE-AND-KING-sentencing-remarks-FINAL.pdf

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 11:41:47 AM7/31/20
and?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 11:42:38 AM7/31/20
labels are good and help in identification ....

harry

Jul 31, 2020, 11:46:00 AM7/31/20
They ARE all scum. Wherever they turn up there is a crime spree.
And when they are finally got rid of, it costs thousands to clear up behind them. Parasites on the rest of us.

And exactly what is racist? You are one of the lefty shitfer brains.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Jul 31, 2020, 11:46:20 AM7/31/20
One day you might learn to describe your angle etc in the post, but till
then he is only visible on responses.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Gareth Evans" <headst...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

harry

Jul 31, 2020, 11:47:52 AM7/31/20
And what race are "travelers?

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 12:06:58 PM7/31/20
I was involved in building a nice set of toilets and wash houses for
them in a designated field....they were destroyed very quickly ....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Paisley/@55.8242534,-4.3878313,94m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x488848c12dd36531:0xe6ef2c85a9703847!8m2!3d55.847258!4d-4.440114

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 12:07:03 PM7/31/20
I'm afraid that involves you in actually reading it. It's only 10 pages,
and nobody will check whether you skip a couple of the boring bits.
However, most of it is not at all boring. Riveting, actually.

If you come across any difficult words, just ask. Somebody can probably
help you out. :)

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 12:10:15 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 16:47, harry wrote:

> And what race are "travelers?

How many times are you going to trot out that same nonsense reply? If
you feel that you'd rather be labelled a bigot than a racist ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 12:10:27 PM7/31/20
how patronising

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 12:19:07 PM7/31/20
Well deserved, considering you wrote "and?"

Just read the fucking document, or don't, but don't expect to be
spoon-fed like a baby.

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 12:28:37 PM7/31/20
I just couldn't find any "good bits"

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 12:33:15 PM7/31/20
Traveller scum .... waste of time and money....

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 12:35:20 PM7/31/20
I suppose all you who think I have a jaundiced opinion have never had to
deal with them .....

The Natural Philosopher

Jul 31, 2020, 1:06:04 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 15:43, GB wrote:
> On 31/07/2020 15:28, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46544144
>

> "thieving traveller scum" - thieving scum I'd accept, but by including
> the word traveller you're effectively making a nasty racist slur against
> the whole traveller community.

Well its no wporse than 'black lives matter', which implies that white
lives don't.

abd how can it be a slur when it is substantially true?
#

> What happens is that every time there's an incident involving travellers
> it gets reported as such and reinforces your prejudices.

No, it doesn't get reported. Ask any policemen.

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14

The Natural Philosopher

Jul 31, 2020, 1:06:58 PM7/31/20
Well which one would *you* prefer?

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Jul 31, 2020, 1:13:53 PM7/31/20
first they stole the roof tiles....then the plumbing and
fittings.....then they torched it

Richard

Jul 31, 2020, 1:57:35 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 15:43, GB wrote:
I guess that referring to traveller scum when they just do their natural
thing of camping wherever they want and leaving all their shit for
taxpayers to clean up reinforces my prejudices too.

Rod Speed

Jul 31, 2020, 2:07:58 PM7/31/20

"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." <jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
So which do you claim are the non stupid religions,
or are you saying they are all stupid ?

I know they are all stupid, but I don’t hate them.

Rod Speed

Jul 31, 2020, 2:11:05 PM7/31/20

"GB" <gbusenet...@aol.com> wrote in message
> On 31/07/2020 15:54, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:

>>> Pleased we all agree you're a prejudiced bugger. :)
>>>
>>> I'm probably a naive fool, but I'd prefer it that way round.
>> hate scumbags and people with stupid religions ...

> It's a shame you are so full of hate. You'd be much happier if you
> weren't.

Dunno, some appear to be happier hating.

Peeler

Jul 31, 2020, 2:26:59 PM7/31/20
On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 04:10:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest trollshit unread>

--
JimK addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"I really feel the quality of your trolling has dropped in the last few

Peeler

Jul 31, 2020, 2:27:23 PM7/31/20
On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 04:07:48 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

<FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest trollshit unread>

Fredxx

Jul 31, 2020, 2:29:43 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 15:43:41, GB wrote:
> On 31/07/2020 15:28, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46544144
>

> "thieving traveller scum" - thieving scum I'd accept, but by
> including the word traveller you're effectively making a nasty racist
> slur against the whole traveller community.

I couldn't disagree more. Even politicians believe in targeting gender
when it comes to safety with vulnerable people:

https://metro.co.uk/2016/07/15/why-andrea-leadsoms-comments-about-men-working-with-children-are-both-wrong-and-seriously-dangerous-6008274/

There are reasons why hatred comes about. While you might consider it
racists there are often good underlying reasons.

Many minorities who are the centre of such hatred should look closer to
home and understand why. In fact the world would be a much better place.

> What happens is that every time there's an incident involving
> travellers it gets reported as such and reinforces your prejudices.

That is all the more reason why travellers should mend their ways.
Several times in the past 2 years within 200 yards of where I work a
horde of travellers have descended onto a number of business units and
supermarket and encamped. When they left they left an inordinate mess
behind.

When I am told of cultural misappropriation, I guess using your PC
standards it would be wrong for any other race to make such a mess.

Fredxx

Jul 31, 2020, 2:32:05 PM7/31/20
I don't hate them either, the exception is when they enforce their
beliefs on others. Such as Sunday trading laws for opening times.

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 2:36:39 PM7/31/20
In that case, I apologise. I thought you would.

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 2:45:15 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 19:29, Fredxx wrote:

> When I am told of cultural misappropriation, I guess using your PC
> standards it would be wrong for any other race to make such a mess.

I hate mess in the street, and I pick up litter and bin it. I noticed
the Queen doing the same on the way to church. If a 90+ year old lady
can do it, so can I.

I agree with you that travellers should take their rubbish to the dump.
However, the fact that some travellers undoubtedly leave a mess does not
mean all do.

Richard

Jul 31, 2020, 3:00:32 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 19:45, GB wrote:
> On 31/07/2020 19:29, Fredxx wrote:
>
>> When I am told of cultural misappropriation, I guess using your PC
>> standards it would be wrong for any other race to make such a mess.
>>

> I hate mess in the street, and I pick up litter and bin it. I noticed
> the Queen doing the same on the way to church. If a 90+ year old lady
> can do it, so can I.

That is pathetic. A lot of difference between litter and what the
traveller scum do.

Fredxx

Jul 31, 2020, 3:14:06 PM7/31/20
I know of no other ethnic group who leaves anything like the mess of
travellers.

Not every black rapps, but it seems a cultural thing:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lily-allen-says-honey-g-offensive-wrong-many-levels-1817294

It doesn't matter if not all leave a mess.

williamwright

Jul 31, 2020, 3:57:35 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 16:30, T i m wrote:

> Not sure any such label was necessary or we should also say 'thieving
> white / black / Christian / Catholic / Muslim / Hindu / Jewish / upper
> / middle / lower class / <nationality> / <gender> scum?'
>
> I'm pretty sure there *isn't* a category from the above plus loads of
> others that doesn't contain the range of good to bad people.

You must accept that different groups have different cultural and moral
backgrounds.

Bill

Fredxx

Jul 31, 2020, 4:24:35 PM7/31/20
You must be both a bigot and a racist of you don't appreciate the
cultural heritage of travellers.

If you said another race left a mess after overstaying their welcome
then that would be a case of cultural appropriation, wouldn't it?

Fredxx

Jul 31, 2020, 4:30:31 PM7/31/20
Didn't you read, "That is because these four defendants went out in the
afternoon to steal a quad bike. They had carefully planned how they
were going to do that. It was something they did frequently, and in the
cases of Long and Bowers pretty well all the time".

In other words, travellers do it all the time. I guess its called
cultural heritage.

Fredxx

Jul 31, 2020, 4:31:32 PM7/31/20
Except in this case, more down to expectation.

GB

Jul 31, 2020, 5:15:42 PM7/31/20
On 31/07/2020 21:30, Fredxx wrote:

> Didn't you read, "That is because these four defendants went out in the
> afternoon to steal a quad bike.  They had carefully planned how they
> were going to do that.  It was something they did frequently, and in the
> cases of Long and Bowers pretty well all the time".
>

> In other words, travellers do it all the time. I guess its called
> cultural heritage.

Those are your words. The judge merely said those particular ones did.

jon

Aug 1, 2020, 1:37:02 AM8/1/20
How do they get insurance for their vehicles ?

The Natural Philosopher

Aug 1, 2020, 1:37:48 AM8/1/20
Are they insured?

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Aug 1, 2020, 2:55:16 AM8/1/20
that shut you all up......

Unknown

Aug 1, 2020, 4:21:03 AM8/1/20
The Natural Philosopher was thinking very hard :
> Are they insured?

No Tax, no MOT, no insurance is the general rule for those people. Easy
to check online for all three, just make a note of the registration.

charles

Aug 1, 2020, 6:25:49 AM8/1/20
In article <rg38lc$653$1...@dont-email.me>,
a few years ago, near heer, two kids were killed when their car hit a tree.
Neither was of legal age to drive; they'd just left one traveller site to
get to their home one a few miles away.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

T i m

Aug 1, 2020, 8:04:31 AM8/1/20
On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 07:55:13 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
<jim.g...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

<snip>

> [...]

Don't pay them to do stuff for you then?

>>> I suppose all you who think I have a jaundiced opinion have never had
>>> to deal with them .....

No, you do have a jaundiced POV because you are a bigot and racist,
it's seen in many posts you make.

>> first they stole the roof tiles....then the plumbing and
>> fittings.....then they torched it

Maybe they just weren't happy with your work (most likely reason).

>that shut you all up......

Aw bless, like 'all' are actually reading what rubbish you type or
want to join in with your racist rants.

If you really want to release those sorts of feeling, why don't you do
it on Twatter or do another one of your insightful Youtube videos?

You could do one about how you drive round in a thirsty Yank Tank [1]
yet seem happy to take food off the state? Maybe that's a function of
*your* upbringing or culture?

There are all sorts of injustices going on in the world, not just the
obvious ones.

Cheers, T i m

[1] Did you say you were taking the tank out for a run every couple of
days ... ?

Fredxx

Aug 1, 2020, 8:05:50 AM8/1/20
On 31/07/2020 22:15:34, GB wrote:
> On 31/07/2020 21:30, Fredxx wrote:
>
>> Didn't you read, "That is because these four defendants went out in
>> the afternoon to steal a quad bike.  They had carefully planned how
>> they were going to do that.  It was something they did frequently, and
>> in the cases of Long and Bowers pretty well all the time".
>>

>> In other words, travellers do it all the time. I guess its called
>> cultural heritage.
>
> Those are your words.

Given the judge's words weren't confined to those and didn't mention
previous that's not so obvious.

> The judge merely said those particular ones did.

Can you accept that cultural heritage represents a trait in a race, or
ethnic minority?

GB

Aug 1, 2020, 11:38:40 AM8/1/20
You are *seriously* suggesting that it's impossible to be a traveller
and not a thief? You can't be, surely? You'd have to be deranged to
think that.

Jimk

Aug 1, 2020, 11:47:06 AM8/1/20
GB <gbusenet...@aol.com> Wrote in message:
Where do they get their money from then?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

The Natural Philosopher

Aug 1, 2020, 11:51:22 AM8/1/20
No, he isn't suggesting that. You are.
When did you stop beating your wife?

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

GB

Aug 1, 2020, 1:55:28 PM8/1/20
I'm clearly not suggesting that, am I? But he clearly is. What else
does "cultural heritage represents a trait in a race" mean in the
context of the subject of this thread?

charles

Aug 1, 2020, 2:06:24 PM8/1/20
In article <rg4aa6$2cm$1...@dont-email.me>,
the ring-leader is reported to have said "My grandfather was a thief, my
father was a thief, so naturally I'm a thief."

T i m

Aug 1, 2020, 5:14:36 PM8/1/20
On 1 Aug 2020 18:08:49 GMT, Tim Streater <timst...@greenbee.net>
wrote:

<snip>

>> I'm clearly not suggesting that, am I? But he clearly is. What else
>> does "cultural heritage represents a trait in a race" mean in the
>> context of the subject of this thread?
>
>Yes you are. He may be suggesting that the probability is that most are, as a
>trait, but you've just extended that to imply he meant that all are. This is
>the sort of bullshit approach to arguing that we see from Our Dave. Oh, you
>say that it's not always white? You must mean that it's always black, then.

Oh the irony ... spoken by someone who is *says* he supports democracy
... *the will of the people* then thinks that 48:52 is anything like a
clear indication of that (when it's *nothing* like).

It only works when you don't actually want to see democracy and
believe at 50%+1 is *ever* going to be a true representation of a
broader groups *feelings* about anything.

Cheers, T i m

Fredxx

Aug 1, 2020, 6:04:01 PM8/1/20
I was playing the devil's advocate. I suppose I am tired of being told
about the sins of cultural appropriation as defined by:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_appropriation
and how convenient it is for some minorities to whinge and moan and call
those racist when elements of one culture are adopted by another.

By the way, it is wrong for you to say or imply I ever meant all
travellers are thieves. In fact I don't understand why you came to that
conclusion.

I will go further, it doesn't mean all blacks rap, all jews loan sharks
or all traveller thieves. Nevertheless minorities seem to hang onto
culture as if they own it. What's wrong with calling travellers thieves
in this PC world of correctness and culture ownership?

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Aug 2, 2020, 3:44:52 AM8/2/20

bert

Aug 2, 2020, 5:43:39 AM8/2/20
In article <1d5fdb18-ec30-42b7...@googlegroups.com>,
harry <harry...@btinternet.com> writes
>On Friday, 31 July 2020 16:30:16 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:00:03 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
>> <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote:

>> >"Traveller" or gypsy/Roma ? There's a clear distinction. One are a bunch
>> >of thieving scum, and one is gypsy/Roma.
>>
>> Not sure any such label was necessary or we should also say 'thieving
>> white / black / Christian / Catholic / Muslim / Hindu / Jewish / upper
>> / middle / lower class / <nationality> / <gender> scum?'
>>
>> I'm pretty sure there *isn't* a category from the above plus loads of
>> others that doesn't contain the range of good to bad people.
>>
>> It's just that the ignorant / bigot / racist's can't help adding a
>> label when it's not the same as them.
>>

>And what race are "travelers?
Mostly Irish, largely disliked in their own country where they are
regarded as, err, thieving scum.
--
bert

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

Aug 2, 2020, 7:04:46 AM8/2/20
indeed

The Natural Philosopher

Aug 2, 2020, 7:45:44 AM8/2/20
Its a bit like saying that Rottweillers are inclined to be snappy. A
simplification, but a useful one.

Let us say for he sake of argument, that ones experience of them is that
they live, by choice, outside the normal laws and mores of society? That
is much of what being a traveller means. Doed that not also imply that
they are likely to be less law abiding?
And does not the fact that a great majority of them have no respect for
property or the Law, mean a phrase like 'thieving travellers scum',
whilst a crude generalization, more useful than considering them angels.

YOU have extended a generalisation to an absolute trait. THAT is bigotry.

As if someone says 'some snakes are dangerous' and you reply 'do you
really mean that all snakes are dangerous?'.

Discrimination is making reasonable distinction between things. Bigotry
is making unreasonable distinction between things. Many travellers are
in my experience thieving scum. More than in the general population
because being a thieving scum in a fixed abode renders one more liable
to be found out.
That is a reasonable stament. 'all travellers are thieving scum 'is
clearly false, because I know some who have settled down and eschewed
the traveller lifestyle precisely because they wanted to distance
themselves from that.

Your problem is you think in binary absolute terms.

'Some snakes are dangerous' in your mind becomes 'all snakes are dangerous'

You are, in short, a bigot.

--
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

—Soren Kierkegaard

The Natural Philosopher

Aug 2, 2020, 7:47:28 AM8/2/20
On 01/08/2020 23:21, bert wrote:
They are culturally hunter gatherers. True Marxists. "All property is
theft, once we have nicked it".

--
The biggest threat to humanity comes from socialism, which has utterly
diverted our attention away from what really matters to our existential

charles

Aug 2, 2020, 8:57:57 AM8/2/20
In article <rg6916$jfr$1...@dont-email.me>,
so, they are no longer travellers and are not tarred with that brush.

williamwright

Aug 2, 2020, 10:15:27 AM8/2/20

> 'Some snakes are dangerous' in your mind becomes 'all snakes are dangerous'

No, 'Some snakes are dangerous' means, if you don't have snake knowledge
and any snake gets near your kid, kill it just in case.

Bill

charles

Aug 2, 2020, 10:21:13 AM8/2/20
In article <hoo03s...@mid.individual.net>,
surely in this modern, politically correct, age you must involve the snake
in a discussion.

T i m

Aug 2, 2020, 11:31:35 AM8/2/20
On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 15:21:02 +0100, charles <cha...@candehope.me.uk>
wrote:

<snip>

>surely in this modern, politically correct, age you must involve the snake
>in a discussion.

Although there is probably a discussion you could have that would
quietly send it away, if you could speak snake. ;-)

Same with any 'dangerous dogs' that are labeled so not because they
generally are, just that they are trained to be and when they are, can
be very dangerous to us. Even the smallest cats and dogs can be
'dangerous', especially if you are smaller than them.

Haven't they been trying a different approach to some level of crims
in Scotland that seems to be showing good results, much better an
whatever we were doing previously?

Cheers, T i m