Eonnext website and App

Lawrence

Oct 1, 2022, 7:21:53 AM10/1/22
Just had a shock and sleepless night. Their app shows prices over
60p/kWh when the cap is supposed to be 34p/kWh. So does their website
but a .ittle footnote says wtte Don't worry this is not the price
you pay, we haven't got round to including the price cap yet.
Wankers

Brian Gaff

Oct 2, 2022, 6:08:23 AM10/2/22
Their customer services are also ill informed. a blind friend of mine asked
them about a smart meter; No problem; but when she asked for the talking
user display; they said it did not exist; but all the consumer organisations
etc; know of it and indeed I have one here from EDF; installed with no
hassle.; Seems to me that company need to be picked up and shaken violently
if they want to be taken seriously in the marketplace.; Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Lawrence" <lmilb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

AnthonyL

Oct 2, 2022, 7:54:16 AM10/2/22
On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:21:49 +0100, Lawrence <lmilb...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Eon Next appear to be set up as a sixth form project for students who
don't understand business.

I got foisted onto them when the pleasurable to use Powershop decided
to pull out of the UK market. I've been wanting to move but firstly I
had a period where Eon Next had to adhere to Powershop's better
prices, then all sorts of stuff started messing up as to whether to go
fixed contracts etc.

If you ask the same question of their customer services three times
you'll get different answers with a high possibility that none of them
are right. I'm dreading the mess of the October bill this time round.

I don't and won't have a smart meter and don't and won't have a direct
debit with them. I just couldn't face the hassle.

Their software systems have a mind of their own - well if that is if
they have a mind at all.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?

Andy Burns

Oct 2, 2022, 8:18:16 AM10/2/22
AnthonyL wrote:

> Eon Next appear to be set up as a sixth form project [...]
> Their software systems have a mind of their own - well if that is if
> they have a mind at all.

That's odd because Eon.next use the billing system from an Octopus subsidiary
which seems to be well regarded ...

<https://kraken.tech>

David Wade

Oct 2, 2022, 10:13:25 AM10/2/22
I moved from Octopus to Eon to get a fixed deal. The way Octopus run the
system seems very different from E.ON.

Dave

Andy Burns

Oct 2, 2022, 1:31:41 PM10/2/22
David Wade wrote:

> I moved from Octopus to Eon to get a fixed deal. The way Octopus run the system
> seems very different from E.ON.

E.on Energy and E.on Next have different origins (one is the old powergen, the
other is the old npower) which bit of E.on are you with?

David Wade

Oct 2, 2022, 2:46:41 PM10/2/22
E.ON next. I think all new people are on "next" and old Eon is closed to
new contracts...

Dave

AnthonyL

Oct 3, 2022, 7:32:41 AM10/3/22
On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 13:18:09 +0100, Andy Burns <use...@andyburns.uk>
wrote:
The following are some of the issues I have encountered this year:

May 2022 after being threatened for non-payment: "Sorry that you
received this email, as it was meant for customers who have not
submitted readings in a long time, it is an automated meter reading
reminder. Please disregard it."

June 2022 "Variable tariff - Unit rate and standing charges are
subject to price changes on the 01/04 and 01/10 each year.

Due to the price change to your tariff agreements on 01/04/2022, a
reading is needed to bill to this date on the old agreements, and then
bill from on the new agreements, ensuring your billing continues past
this tariff agreement date and is accurate.

I would advise to provide a reading on 01/04 and 01/10 each year, this
will prevent any delays with your billing. "

So they bill me an estimate on 27/9

In June/July they had to make an adjustment because they had omitted
an amount they should have billed (from my readings) in March.

Aug 2022 - "Unfortunately we cannot manually stop our system from
generating estimated readings. I am sorry for the inconvenience and
will issue a corrected statement as soon as your accurate meter
readings are submitted."

This is in spite of having a history of submitting readings on the
last or first day of the month.

If they estimate a reading and then I submit one they don't cancel the
estimated billing, but instead adjust from that estimate, giving me
effectively two bills to reconcile for the one month. Every other
supplier I've had, including the grown-up Eon, have:
i) emailed to ask for a reading

ii) have cancelled any estimated bill and replaced it with the actual
if I have submitted readings

I guess they are geared to plod on with smart meter customers who are
on direct debit and don't calculate their liabilities from actual
readings each month.

Andrew

Oct 4, 2022, 8:31:20 AM10/4/22
On 03/10/2022 12:32, AnthonyL wrote:

> Every other
> supplier I've had, including the grown-up Eon, have:
> i) emailed to ask for a reading
>
> ii) have cancelled any estimated bill and replaced it with the actual
> if I have submitted readings

This is how EDF operate with non-smart meter customers too.

AnthonyL

Oct 4, 2022, 3:36:26 PM10/4/22
I'll have a look, sounds like a grown up approach.