"Electreck" LED light bulbs

Pamela

Feb 18, 2024, 8:39:49 AMFeb 18
Am puzzling about where I bought some "Electreck" LED light bulbs.

They're regular 22mm bayonet fit and the usual old shape. But the glass
bulb is miniature size. 3W power.

Google and Bing keeps getting "Electreck" mixed up with "electric".

alan_m

Feb 18, 2024, 8:50:41 AMFeb 18
Poundland???
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/electrek-poundland-led-light-bulbs-are-they-safe.497616/

Scott

Feb 18, 2024, 9:56:24 AMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 13:50:36 +0000, alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 18/02/2024 13:39, Pamela wrote:
>> Am puzzling about where I bought some "Electreck" LED light bulbs.
>>
>> They're regular 22mm bayonet fit and the usual old shape. But the glass
>> bulb is miniature size. 3W power.
>>
>> Google and Bing keeps getting "Electreck" mixed up with "electric".
>
>Poundland???
>https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/electrek-poundland-led-light-bulbs-are-they-safe.497616/

Last time I bought LED bulbs on the cheap they produced a lot of radio
frequency interference. I always buy Philips now.

alan_m

Feb 18, 2024, 10:24:59 AMFeb 18
Philips don't make light bulbs anymore - brand badge engineering.

Spike

Feb 18, 2024, 10:35:41 AMFeb 18
alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 14:56, Scott wrote:

>> Last time I bought LED bulbs on the cheap they produced a lot of radio
>> frequency interference. I always buy Philips now.

> Philips don't make light bulbs anymore - brand badge engineering.

“Lamps glow…bulbs grow…” ;-)

--
Spike

Scott

Feb 18, 2024, 10:40:53 AMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 15:24:54 +0000, alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 18/02/2024 14:56, Scott wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 13:50:36 +0000, alan_m <ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk>
>> wrote:

>>> Poundland???
>>> https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/electrek-poundland-led-light-bulbs-are-they-safe.497616/
>>
>> Last time I bought LED bulbs on the cheap they produced a lot of radio
>> frequency interference. I always buy Philips now.
>
>Philips don't make light bulbs anymore - brand badge engineering.

True. I did know that and I was referring to the brand. I would hope
the licensing agreement would contain conditions that product quality
should not be detrimental to the Philips name.

I saw an interesting video on YouTube about the collapse of Philips,
which was once a massive electrical/electronics company which (I
think) is now left with only personal and medical equipment. I think
they make the shavers?