OT: It could happen to you

Sysadmin

Sep 28, 2021, 6:25:49 AMSep 28
Power outages in northeastern China have plunged millions of homes into
darkness, triggered factory shutdowns and threatened to disrupt the water
supply in at least one province.

The Global Times tabloid on Tuesday said the “unexpected” and
“unprecedented” electricity cuts in the provinces of Jilin, Liaoning and
Heilongjiang were caused by power rationing during peak hours.

Andrew

Sep 28, 2021, 6:43:57 AMSep 28
Also predicted to cut China's GDP growth to 'only' about 7.8%.

A more serious problem is the debt crisis that the chinese
property company Evergrande faces. It has over $300 billion in
outstanding loans and no way of making interest payments.

Going to be interesting.

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Sep 28, 2021, 7:39:13 AMSep 28
On 28/09/2021 11:25, Sysadmin wrote:
did I never tell you the world is fecked ? ...

Andrew

Sep 28, 2021, 7:52:57 AMSep 28
totly

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Sep 28, 2021, 11:14:54 AMSep 28
good... thought I had ....

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Sep 29, 2021, 3:27:57 AMSep 29
One would have thought that these could be managed and forecast. Or are we
seeing the result of algorithms controlling the grid here, rather than
rational humans?

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Sysadmin" <j...@home.net> wrote in message

Rod Speed

Sep 29, 2021, 6:05:41 AMSep 29
Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> One would have thought that these could be managed

They are, but dumping swathes of the load from the grid.

> and forecast.

Nope, they aren't that great at predicting the weather.

> Or are we seeing the result of algorithms controlling the grid here,
> rather than rational humans?

Nope.

Peeler

Sep 29, 2021, 8:55:10 AMSep 29
On Wed, 29 Sep 2021 20:05:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
MID: <g4ihla...@mid.individual.net>