OT: "Britain's Crying Out for Change!"

Cursitor Doom

Feb 18, 2024, 4:43:31 AMFeb 18
Said Keir Starmer. Remember who uttered that same mantra back in the
80s? None other than ginger half-wit, Neil Kinnock. No one bought it
back then and they won't buy it now. The only way to get a
*meaningful* change is to vote Reform UK, which has a true
conservative agenda, unlike the fake "Conservatives" who've wrecked
the country over the last 30 years. Only Reform will re-introduce
Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
elderly patriots to walk again. Please vote Reform at the GE and allow
an elderly patriot to come home after too many years away. Thank you.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 18, 2024, 4:46:55 AMFeb 18
Reform will not do anything of the sort, but if it simply stops funding
all this woke nonsense and lets it wither, that would be enough

Steve

Feb 18, 2024, 5:28:36 AMFeb 18
ROFL!

Well said, Comrade Doom.

Jeff Gaines

Feb 18, 2024, 5:42:36 AMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 in message <grj3tiths5jv4kgdv...@4ax.com>
Cursitor Doom wrote:

>Only Reform will re-introduce
>Capital punishment

No civilised country uses capital punishment nowadays, it's barbaric.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
George Washington was a British subject until well after his 40th birthday.

Chris

Feb 18, 2024, 6:51:30 AMFeb 18
+1

I really like that sort of parody account.

Fredxx

Feb 18, 2024, 7:01:42 AMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 09:43, Cursitor Doom wrote:

<snip>

> Only Reform will re-introduce
> Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
> elderly patriots to walk again.

Some good reasons why we shouldn't vote Reform. They were doing well up
to that point.

The irony is that violent crime has come down since capital punishment
was banned. Only a Daily Wail reader would think otherwise.

Dan Green

Feb 18, 2024, 7:05:37 AMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:01:39 +0000, Fredxx <fre...@spam.invalid>
wrote:
Meanwhile, knife killings have gone through the roof....

Ian Jackson

Feb 18, 2024, 8:27:33 AMFeb 18
In message <uqsjmb$vvgo$1...@dont-email.me>, The Natural Philosopher
<t...@invalid.invalid> writes
AIUI, Reform consists of essentially the same team who strongly pushed
for Brexit. Having achieved one once-in-a-lifetime crowning success,
only a fool would not put them in a position to obtain a second.
--
Ian
Aims and ambitions are neither attainments nor achievements

alan_m

Feb 18, 2024, 8:55:27 AMFeb 18
and Police crime clear up rates have fallen through the floor.

SteveW

Feb 18, 2024, 10:11:43 AMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 10:42, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 18/02/2024 in message <grj3tiths5jv4kgdv...@4ax.com>
> Cursitor Doom wrote:
>
>> Only Reform will re-introduce
>> Capital punishment
>
> No civilised country uses capital punishment nowadays, it's barbaric.

I have no objections to capital punishment on those grounds, but am
firmly against purely for the simple reason that mistakes have been and
continue to be made. Innocent people *are* found guilty. At least with a
life sentence, they can appeal and may have some of their life left to live.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 18, 2024, 10:12:16 AMFeb 18
Correct, which is why they need to be in government. They are not trying
to reverse brexit or break the country in half to justify rejoining

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
...than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman

maus

Feb 18, 2024, 10:21:07 AMFeb 18
Great stuff, 400 more pages if that. I presume you work for the daily
mail or times.

--
grey...@mail.com
Is There not even one Influencer here to torment?

Jeff Gaines

Feb 18, 2024, 11:57:38 AMFeb 18
On 18/02/2024 in message <uqt6na$17n8e$1...@dont-email.me> SteveW wrote:

>On 18/02/2024 10:42, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>On 18/02/2024 in message <grj3tiths5jv4kgdv...@4ax.com>
>>Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>
>>>Only Reform will re-introduce
>>>Capital punishment
>>
>>No civilised country uses capital punishment nowadays, it's barbaric.
>
>I have no objections to capital punishment on those grounds, but am firmly
>against purely for the simple reason that mistakes have been and continue
>to be made. Innocent people are found guilty. At least with a life
>sentence, they can appeal and may have some of their life left to live.

Indeed, people know that and is is why no civilised country uses capital
punishment nowadays.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

Rod Speed

Feb 18, 2024, 12:55:25 PMFeb 18
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 23:01:39 +1100, Fredxx <fre...@spam.invalid> wrote:

> On 18/02/2024 09:43, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Only Reform will re-introduce
>> Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
>> elderly patriots to walk again.
>
> Some good reasons why we shouldn't vote Reform. They were doing well up
> to that point.
>
> The irony is that violent crime has come down since capital punishment
> was banned.

But not because capital punishment was abolished.

Rod Speed

Feb 18, 2024, 12:58:43 PMFeb 18
Not with knife killings.

Cursitor Doom

Feb 18, 2024, 1:33:23 PMFeb 18
Brexit was a good move. It's been wrecked, probably on purpose, by the
worst government in living memory who has gone out of its way to be
utterly hopeless on every single metric. It's hard to believe any
government can be as bad as the current shower, but the evidence is
irrefutable.

Cursitor Doom

Feb 18, 2024, 1:35:26 PMFeb 18
On 18 Feb 2024 16:57:32 GMT, "Jeff Gaines" <jgne...@outlook.com>
wrote:

>On 18/02/2024 in message <uqt6na$17n8e$1...@dont-email.me> SteveW wrote:
>
>>On 18/02/2024 10:42, Jeff Gaines wrote:

>>>No civilised country uses capital punishment nowadays, it's barbaric.
>>
>>I have no objections to capital punishment on those grounds, but am firmly
>>against purely for the simple reason that mistakes have been and continue
>>to be made. Innocent people are found guilty. At least with a life
>>sentence, they can appeal and may have some of their life left to live.
>
>Indeed, people know that and is is why no civilised country uses capital
>punishment nowadays.

Just change the standard of proof. "Beyond reasonable doubt" ain't
good enough in a Capital case. You need "Beyond *all* doubt" to be
certain.

Peeler

Feb 18, 2024, 1:45:19 PMFeb 18
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 04:58:31 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:

Peeler

Feb 18, 2024, 1:45:41 PMFeb 18
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 04:55:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"That’s because so much piss and shite emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a Wanker."

Rod Speed

Feb 18, 2024, 1:58:54 PMFeb 18
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 05:35:21 +1100, Cursitor Doom <c...@notformail.com>
wrote:
It is never going to be possible to have proof beyond
all doubt, even you have video of the killing or DNA
evidence. That evidence can always be faked.

I still believe in capital punishment for the worst murder anyway.

Peeler

Feb 18, 2024, 2:16:01 PMFeb 18
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 05:58:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Steve

Feb 18, 2024, 2:41:37 PMFeb 18
Brexit caused the current idiot shower to be in power. Boris sacked
anyone who opposed brexit, and all that was left was the morons.

Sam Plusnet

Feb 18, 2024, 3:22:29 PMFeb 18
We must build better floors and ceilings. This shoddy construction is
unacceptable.

--
Sam Plusnet

Sam Plusnet

Feb 18, 2024, 3:26:27 PMFeb 18
But for the inconvenient existence of the "Monster Raving Loony Party",
Reform could claim their true title of "The Swivel-Eyed Loon Party".

--
Sam Plusnet

Rod Speed

Feb 18, 2024, 3:48:34 PMFeb 18
That's a lie.

> Boris sacked anyone who opposed brexit,

That's a lie.

> and all that was left was the morons.

They sacked Boris and so you claim is a lie.

Peeler

Feb 18, 2024, 4:10:35 PMFeb 18
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 07:48:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around while you talk to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID: <gfkt3m...@mid.individual.net>

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 19, 2024, 4:06:46 AMFeb 19
On 18/02/2024 19:41, Steve wrote:
> Brexit caused the current idiot shower to be in power. Boris sacked
> anyone who opposed brexit, and all that was left was the morons.

NURSE!

--
“A leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
“We did this ourselves.”

― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 19, 2024, 4:07:32 AMFeb 19
On 18/02/2024 20:26, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> But for the inconvenient existence of the "Monster Raving Loony Party",
> Reform could claim their true title of "The Swivel-Eyed Loon Party".

No, that title is reserved for Rejoin...

Ian Jackson

Feb 19, 2024, 8:53:31 AMFeb 19
In message <op.2jcuq...@pvr2.lan>, Rod Speed
<rod.sp...@gmail.com> writes
Eventually, even the 'morons' realised that Boris was a wrong'n'.

SteveW

Feb 19, 2024, 9:18:21 AMFeb 19
Although it has since emerged that many of the accusations against him
were false. It was clearly a campaign by the Conservative MPs because he
wasn't "their" preferred choice and by the opposition, because he could
win elections against them.

He certainly made mistakes, but it mainly wasn't for those that he was
thrown out.

Jeff Gaines

Feb 19, 2024, 10:29:39 AMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 in message <ELsyehBS110lFw$X...@brattleho.plus.com> Ian Jackson
wrote:

>Eventually, even the 'morons' realised that Boris was a wrong'n'.

He got us out of the EU which was why he was elected, nobody else seemed
willing to do that.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
George Washington was a British subject until well after his 40th birthday.
(Margaret Thatcher, speech at the White House 17 December 1979)

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 19, 2024, 10:38:17 AMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 14:18, SteveW wrote:
> Although it has since emerged that many of the accusations against him
> were false. It was clearly a campaign by the Conservative MPs because he
> wasn't "their" preferred choice and by the opposition, because he could
> win elections against them.
>
> He certainly made mistakes, but it mainly wasn't for those that he was
> thrown out.

The tory party is split between one nation conservatives and corporate
Remoaner clones who are just in it for the power and the glory.
Now Boris is a power and glory man, but is not corporate and was smart
enough to pretend to be a one nation conservative at least to get elected.
Rishi Sunak is a clone of any middle manager anywhere, Dull, boring,
grey and wet like an eternal winter afternoon.
The remain blob got him into power, but it will lose the election for them.

But fear not, The Queer Harmer is almost identically endowed.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 19, 2024, 10:38:58 AMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 15:29, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 19/02/2024 in message <ELsyehBS110lFw$X...@brattleho.plus.com> Ian
> Jackson wrote:
>
>> Eventually, even the 'morons' realised that Boris was a wrong'n'.
>
> He got us out of the EU which was why he was elected, nobody else seemed
> willing to do that.

Well no, he didn't. Not really.

We are still siamesed at the hip.

..I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

Handsome Jack

Feb 19, 2024, 10:58:01 AMFeb 19
Almost exactly the same happened with Liz Truss. She had the temerity to defeat the parliamentary party's preferred candidate, so she had to go. They just waited for the first setback, and then briefed the press it was all her fault. The press lapped it up. They love a "split party" briefing, and even more so if it might lead to the PM's resignation. What a story!

Jeff Gaines

Feb 19, 2024, 12:06:48 PMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 in message <uqvsmf$1uduh$3...@dont-email.me> The Natural
Philosopher wrote:

>On 19/02/2024 15:29, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>On 19/02/2024 in message <ELsyehBS110lFw$X...@brattleho.plus.com> Ian
>>Jackson wrote:
>>
>>>Eventually, even the 'morons' realised that Boris was a wrong'n'.
>>
>>He got us out of the EU which was why he was elected, nobody else seemed
>>willing to do that.
>>

>Well no, he didn't. Not really.
>
>We are still siamesed at the hip.

We are out, we are no longer a member. Obviously there are loose ends to
deal with, that is to be expected.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?

Rod Speed

Feb 19, 2024, 2:25:51 PMFeb 19
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:53:22 +1100, Ian Jackson
Fantasy. Its actually stupid pollys furiously back
stabbing in their effort to be the PM for a while.

Peeler

Feb 19, 2024, 3:12:16 PMFeb 19
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 06:25:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Ed Pawlowski addressing Rodent Speed:
"You come across as a "know it all" and superior to the mere mortals. I bet
your farts don't stink either."
MID: <6UnrL.207334$8_id....@fx09.iad>

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 19, 2024, 4:03:13 PMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 17:06, Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 19/02/2024 in message <uqvsmf$1uduh$3...@dont-email.me> The Natural
> Philosopher wrote:
>
>> On 19/02/2024 15:29, Jeff Gaines wrote:

>>> He got us out of the EU which was why he was elected, nobody else
>>> seemed willing to do that.
>>>

>> Well no, he didn't. Not really.
>>
>> We are still siamesed at the hip.
>
> We are out, we are no longer a member. Obviously there are loose ends to
> deal with, that is to be expected.

Like the fact that our human rights lawyers and our energy policy and
our immigration is still 100% EU.

All crucial issues we really need to diverge on.

And our VAT is glued to the EU via the NI agreement

The EU noted Boris was in a hurry and got him to sign a shit deal, and
Rishi has signed away any chance of changing it

--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."

Jeff Gaines

Feb 19, 2024, 4:05:14 PMFeb 19
On 19/02/2024 in message <ur0fmc$22lf6$2...@dont-email.me> The Natural
Philosopher wrote:

>On 19/02/2024 17:06, Jeff Gaines wrote:
>>On 19/02/2024 in message <uqvsmf$1uduh$3...@dont-email.me> The Natural
>>Philosopher wrote:

>>>Well no, he didn't. Not really.
>>>
>>>We are still siamesed at the hip.
>>
>>We are out, we are no longer a member. Obviously there are loose ends to
>>deal with, that is to be expected.
>>
>Like the fact that our human rights lawyers and our energy policy and our
>immigration is still 100% EU.
>
>All crucial issues we really need to diverge on.
>
>And our VAT is glued to the EU via the NI agreement
>
>The EU noted Boris was in a hurry and got him to sign a shit deal, and
>Rishi has signed away any chance of changing it

It will change over time, who could possibly have expected that it would
all happen overnight, we have 50 years to untangle.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those

Jim Jackson

Feb 19, 2024, 4:46:24 PMFeb 19
On 2024-02-19, SteveW <st...@walker-family.me.uk> wrote:

>>> That's a lie.

>>> They sacked Boris and so you claim is a lie.
>>
>> Eventually, even the 'morons' realised that Boris was a wrong'n'.
>
> Although it has since emerged that many of the accusations against him
> were false.

I smell history being rewritten

Jim Jackson

Feb 19, 2024, 4:47:35 PMFeb 19
More history being rewritten. What a shower.

SteveW

Feb 20, 2024, 4:23:45 AMFeb 20
Newspapers (of differeing political sides) reported on various of the
accusations of the time proving to be false, towards the end of last
year. He was only thrown out because *all* the accusations added
together were too much, there was no single one big enough. Without
those false ones, he would quite probably have remained.

alan_m

Feb 20, 2024, 4:50:05 AMFeb 20

> Like the fact that our human rights lawyers and our energy policy and
> our immigration  is still 100% EU.

All (relevant) EU law was adopted as UK law before Brexit. That doesn't
mean it cannot change and divert from eU law in the future.

Cursitor Doom

Feb 20, 2024, 5:04:42 AMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:23:40 +0000, SteveW <st...@walker-family.me.uk>
wrote:
I sincerely hope any attempts to whitewash Boris will fail, as they
deserve to do. No amount of revisionism is going to wipe away all
those bare-faced lies he told, both to the public and parliament. And
then he was having all these secret discussions with Zelensky, even
after he'd been booted out, promising to squander tax-payers' money on
propping up his corrupt regime. On whose authority was he doing that?
We'll doubtless never know. I don't see any way back for Boris,
fortunately.

Jim Jackson

Feb 20, 2024, 6:58:59 AMFeb 20
Sorry missed that, and I read newspapers. As I say I smell history being
rewritten.

Jim Jackson

Feb 20, 2024, 7:01:56 AMFeb 20

> Like the fact that our human rights lawyers and our energy policy and

FFS European Court of Human Rights has nothing to do with EU.
Straighten your knickers out.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 20, 2024, 7:08:42 AMFeb 20
On 20/02/2024 09:50, alan_m wrote:
> On 19/02/2024 21:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
>> Like the fact that our human rights lawyers and our energy policy and
>> our immigration  is still 100% EU.
>
> All (relevant) EU law was adopted as UK law before Brexit. That doesn't
> mean it cannot change and divert from eU law in the future.

It does where it's written into the Deal.

As an international treaty, it is not subject to ordinary law.

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 20, 2024, 7:09:42 AMFeb 20
Then why is membership of it a condition to join/be a member of the EU?

Ian Jackson

Feb 20, 2024, 8:51:18 AMFeb 20
In message <40u8tip0i2agvvehu...@4ax.com>, Cursitor Doom
<c...@notformail.com> writes
Don't count on it not happening. There seem to be quite a lot of
devotees calling for his return - even if it means putting him in the
House of Lords.

SteveW

Feb 20, 2024, 12:50:14 PMFeb 20
On 20/02/2024 09:50, alan_m wrote:
> On 19/02/2024 21:03, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
>> Like the fact that our human rights lawyers and our energy policy and
>> our immigration  is still 100% EU.
>
> All (relevant) EU law was adopted as UK law before Brexit. That doesn't
> mean it cannot change and divert from eU law in the future.

Many of those laws were due to be repealed or replaced by our own
version by now, but a huge number was instead allowed to continue as
they are.

Andrew

Feb 20, 2024, 1:13:24 PMFeb 20
> On 18/02/2024 13:27, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> In message <uqsjmb$vvgo$1...@dont-email.me>, The Natural Philosopher
>> <t...@invalid.invalid> writes
>>>
>>> Reform will not do anything of the sort, but if it simply stops
>>> funding all this woke nonsense and lets it wither, that would be enough
>>>
>> AIUI, Reform consists of essentially the same team who strongly pushed
>> for Brexit. Having achieved one once-in-a-lifetime crowning success,
>> only a fool would not put them in a position to obtain a second.
>
> Correct, which is why they need to be in government. They are not trying
> to reverse brexit or break the country in half to justify rejoining

The British electorate rejected any change to the first-past
-the-post system not that long ago.

QED 'Reform' are not going to elect a single MP. It's a
wasted vote.

Andrew

Feb 20, 2024, 1:20:12 PMFeb 20
On 18/02/2024 09:43, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> Said Keir Starmer. Remember who uttered that same mantra back in the
> 80s? None other than ginger half-wit, Neil Kinnock. No one bought it
> back then and they won't buy it now. The only way to get a
> *meaningful* change is to vote Reform UK, which has a true
> conservative agenda, unlike the fake "Conservatives" who've wrecked
> the country over the last 30 years. Only Reform will re-introduce
> Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
> elderly patriots to walk again. Please vote Reform at the GE and allow
> an elderly patriot to come home after too many years away. Thank you.

Do you now have many chronic health conditions ?. If so, is your
real ambition to freeload off our NHS which you have made zero
contributions towards ?.

Andrew

Feb 20, 2024, 1:21:43 PMFeb 20
On 18/02/2024 12:05, Dan Green wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:01:39 +0000, Fredxx <fre...@spam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 18/02/2024 09:43, Cursitor Doom wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Only Reform will re-introduce
>>> Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
>>> elderly patriots to walk again.
>>
>> Some good reasons why we shouldn't vote Reform. They were doing well up
>> to that point.
>>
>> The irony is that violent crime has come down since capital punishment
>> was banned. Only a Daily Wail reader would think otherwise.
>
> Meanwhile, knife killings have gone through the roof....

Not in my part of the UK.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 20, 2024, 2:27:25 PMFeb 20
Er no.

It's a wasted vote only if you can convince enough people that it is.

As things stand now, many people are beginning to think that a tory,
labour or lib dem vote is wasted anyway, so they might as well vote
reform and fuck it.

If around 30% of those *who can be bothered to vote* do that, reform are
in seats.

What that would mean is pretty moot as far as I am concerned.
Essentially the *whole* civil service needs sacking and the good un-woke
sane ones rehiring with the rest put out to grass.

There will be trouble ahead.

Mark Twain

Rod Speed

Feb 20, 2024, 3:49:57 PMFeb 20
No chance of that.

> reform are in seats.

Just like UKIP weren't, eh ?

> What that would mean is pretty moot as far as I am concerned.
> Essentially the *whole* civil service needs sacking and the good un-woke
> sane ones rehiring with the rest put out to grass.

> There will be trouble ahead.

Says the fool who proclaimed that if the UK dared to vote
for brexit, it would be tanks thru the chunnel in seconds.

Peeler

Feb 20, 2024, 4:09:10 PMFeb 20
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 07:49:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID: <g4t0jt...@mid.individual.net>

Tim Streater

Feb 20, 2024, 5:18:53 PMFeb 20
On 20 Feb 2024 at 19:27:19 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
In which case we'd get PR. And then we'd be off having unsackable governments
made up or permanent coalitions, as they have in Israel, and as the EU is.
Gosh - we'd be thinking that we were back in the EU.

--
For me leaving the EU has always been a fundamental if abstract question of democratic accountability: disliking a transnational government it's impossible to kick out.

Iain Martin - The Times 24/11/2022

Tim Streater

Feb 20, 2024, 5:21:53 PMFeb 20
On 20 Feb 2024 at 22:18:47 GMT, "Tim Streater" <t...@streater.me.uk> wrote:

> In which case we'd get PR. And then we'd be off having unsackable governments
> made up or permanent coalitions, as they have in Israel, and as the EU is.
> Gosh - we'd be thinking that we were back in the EU.

... made up *of* permanent ...

--
"... you must remember that if you're trying to propagate a creed of poverty, gentleness and tolerance, you need a very rich, powerful, authoritarian organisation to do it." - Vice-Pope Eric

Cursitor Doom

Feb 20, 2024, 6:17:02 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:13:16 +0000, Andrew <Andr...@btinternet.com>
wrote:
And a vote for Lib/Lab/Con/Green etc is *worse* than wasted.

Joe

Feb 20, 2024, 6:17:43 PMFeb 20
As I've posted before, his big crime was imposing these restrictions on
the peasants, and he should have been thrown out for that. Along with a
few fellow-enthusiasts.

--
Joe

Cursitor Doom

Feb 20, 2024, 6:20:55 PMFeb 20
Well, he did nothing about the small boats and he sold-out Northern
Ireland, so yes, I expect he will end up in the Lords in due course.

Joe

Feb 20, 2024, 6:25:52 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:13:16 +0000
Andrew <Andr...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> The British electorate rejected any change to the first-past
> -the-post system not that long ago.
>
> QED 'Reform' are not going to elect a single MP. It's a
> wasted vote.

Not entirely. It would appear to be impossible to vote in any
government other than Labour, so the vote becomes available to register
displeasure.

'If there's nobody you want to vote for, there's almost certain to be
someone you particularly want to vote against'.

A few lost deposits might well allow the Conservatives to hear what
they are currently pretending not to.

--
Joe

Cursitor Doom

Feb 20, 2024, 6:31:14 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:20:04 +0000, Andrew <Andr...@btinternet.com>
wrote:
I can get free treatment in all EU countries if I need it. So far it's
not been necessary, thankfully.

alan_m

Feb 21, 2024, 3:50:18 AMFeb 21
Possibly because the EU law in most cases was fit for purpose. The
point being is that the UK can now change the law if deemed necessary
without the EU having a say in the matter. Brexit wasn't about
scrapping every EU law and replacing it with something completely different.

alan_m

Feb 21, 2024, 3:54:22 AMFeb 21

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 21, 2024, 5:19:42 AMFeb 21
Do you really think that if Reform won in a FPTP they would suddenly be
so keen on proportional representation?

And there is little evidence that European NATIONAL governments are
unsackable - only the EU itself.

--
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong.

H.L.Mencken

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 21, 2024, 5:21:48 AMFeb 21
The whole point of the 'deal' was to make sure than in all important
respects we could *not* change the law.

--
"Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have
forgotten your aim."

George Santayana

Tim Streater

Feb 21, 2024, 5:57:11 AMFeb 21
On 21 Feb 2024 at 10:19:38 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
<t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> On 20/02/2024 22:18, Tim Streater wrote:
>> On 20 Feb 2024 at 19:27:19 GMT, "The Natural Philosopher"
>> <t...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> Er no.
>>>
>>> It's a wasted vote only if you can convince enough people that it is.
>>>
>>> As things stand now, many people are beginning to think that a tory,
>>> labour or lib dem vote is wasted anyway, so they might as well vote
>>> reform and fuck it.
>>
>> In which case we'd get PR. And then we'd be off having unsackable governments
>> made up or permanent coalitions, as they have in Israel, and as the EU is.
>> Gosh - we'd be thinking that we were back in the EU.
>>
> Do you really think that if Reform won in a FPTP they would suddenly be
> so keen on proportional representation?

Small party, no hopes of governing, so - keen on PR. Who does that remind us
of?

According to the Times, PR is official Reform policy.

--
HAL 9000: Dave. Put down those Windows disks. Dave. DAVE!

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 21, 2024, 7:34:45 AMFeb 21
It is now. It wouldn't be if they won.

--
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the
gospel of envy.

Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

Fakir Neejit

Feb 21, 2024, 7:37:50 AMFeb 21
On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:43:25 +0000, Cursitor Doom <c...@notformail.com>
wrote:

>Said Keir Starmer. Remember who uttered that same mantra back in the
>80s? None other than ginger half-wit, Neil Kinnock. No one bought it
>back then and they won't buy it now. The only way to get a
>*meaningful* change is to vote Reform UK, which has a true
>conservative agenda, unlike the fake "Conservatives" who've wrecked
>the country over the last 30 years. Only Reform will re-introduce
>Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
>elderly patriots to walk again. Please vote Reform at the GE and allow
>an elderly patriot to come home after too many years away. Thank you.

What's any of that got to do with you, a foriegner?

Ian Jackson

Feb 21, 2024, 10:33:17 AMFeb 21
In message <l3lrq3...@mid.individual.net>, alan_m
<ju...@admac.myzen.co.uk> writes
Many a dedicated pro-Brexit LBC Radio in-phoner, when asked which EU
laws and regulations the UK needed to scrap, couldn't (despite being
hard pressed by the presenter) actually think of a single one - and
usually gave in by replying "All of them."

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 21, 2024, 11:57:19 AMFeb 21
I dont do phone ins. If I had been asked I would have unhesitatingly
said the Climate Change Act.

Inspired by the Renewable Obligation Directive and gold plated by Miliband .

But we signed away any control over that as part of the Deal. Our
climate policies are still dictated by Brussels and the whole reason for
leaving is now pointless. As is our taxation courtesy of the NI treaty.

In short in reality, we haven't left. A remainer parliament has no
intention of deviating from Brussels, and all we saved was the price of
membership.

And the remainers are busy wrecking the country to prove we would have
been better off staying in .

Do you wonder they are about to be kicked out?

And when people realise Labour are inconceivably even worse, where do
YOU think they will turn?

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
...than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2024, 1:19:25 PMFeb 21
Just because some fools are ignorant...

One obvious one is the ban on govt subsidys

Plenty of others like the rules about vacuum cleaner
power and what the govt can do vat rate wise.

Peeler

Feb 21, 2024, 2:46:06 PMFeb 21
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 05:19:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
"Shit you're thick/pathetic excuse for a troll."
MID: <ogoa38$pul$1...@news.mixmin.net>

Cursitor Doom

Feb 21, 2024, 7:32:15 PMFeb 21
On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:37:44 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.ne...@aol.com>
wrote:
Not a foreigner!

Andrew

Feb 22, 2024, 8:28:03 AMFeb 22
Which they never will. Just like ukip

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 22, 2024, 8:54:09 AMFeb 22
That's what they said about the Labour party in the early 20th century.
And UKIP won the European elections...

Well its not worth arguing about. Time will tell

Fakir Neejit

Feb 22, 2024, 9:34:05 AMFeb 22
On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 00:32:10 +0000, Cursitor Doom <c...@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:37:44 +0000, Fakir Neejit <f.ne...@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 09:43:25 +0000, Cursitor Doom <c...@notformail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Said Keir Starmer. Remember who uttered that same mantra back in the
>>>80s? None other than ginger half-wit, Neil Kinnock. No one bought it
>>>back then and they won't buy it now. The only way to get a
>>>*meaningful* change is to vote Reform UK, which has a true
>>>conservative agenda, unlike the fake "Conservatives" who've wrecked
>>>the country over the last 30 years. Only Reform will re-introduce
>>>Capital punishment and public floggings and make the streets safe for
>>>elderly patriots to walk again. Please vote Reform at the GE and allow
>>>an elderly patriot to come home after too many years away. Thank you.
>>
>>What's any of that got to do with you, a foriegner?
>
>Not a foreigner!

You don't live in the UK, so you're a foreigner by choice.