PGO TAX BGC Payment in

Harry Bloomfield

Sep 11, 2015, 1:29:29 PM9/11/15
I'm trying to sort out Probate for an Estate, a couple of lines in a
bank statement say PGO TAX00000.00, BGC, then and amount into the
account. BGC is Bank Giro Credit. What might that PGO TAX be please?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

John Miller

Sep 11, 2015, 8:13:34 PM9/11/15
On 11/09/2015 18:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
> I'm trying to sort out Probate for an Estate, a couple of lines in a
> bank statement say PGO TAX00000.00, BGC, then and amount into the
> account. BGC is Bank Giro Credit. What might that PGO TAX be please?

Long ago, when I was a Civil Servant and before everything was
contracted out to commercial firms, pensions and some other payments
came from the Paymaster General's Office, usually abbreviated to PGO. If
the deceased was a government employee of some sort, then perhaps this
abbreviation refers to that?

John M

John Rumm

Sep 11, 2015, 11:10:13 PM9/11/15
On 11/09/2015 18:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
> I'm trying to sort out Probate for an Estate, a couple of lines in a
> bank statement say PGO TAX00000.00, BGC, then and amount into the
> account. BGC is Bank Giro Credit. What might that PGO TAX be please?

I am led to believe, its Paymaster General's Office - usually related to
civil service or armed forces pensions, or certain types of benefit such
as incapacity benefit.

--
Cheers,

John.

Harry Bloomfield

Sep 12, 2015, 2:09:41 AM9/12/15
John Miller wrote :
That fits, so it is a pension then. Thanks!

Chris J Dixon

Sep 12, 2015, 3:18:13 AM9/12/15
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

>That fits, so it is a pension then. Thanks!

Glad you've sorted it, but I am bemused why you spend time asking
here when Google would have had the answer in seconds. I know
this because I was intrigued, so did the search myself.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
ch...@cdixon.me.uk

Plant amazing Acers.

Harry Bloomfield

Sep 12, 2015, 2:07:33 PM9/12/15
John Rumm explained :
> On 11/09/2015 18:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
>> I'm trying to sort out Probate for an Estate, a couple of lines in a
>> bank statement say PGO TAX00000.00, BGC, then and amount into the
>> account. BGC is Bank Giro Credit. What might that PGO TAX be please?
>
> I am led to believe, its Paymaster General's Office - usually related to
> civil service or armed forces pensions, or certain types of benefit such as
> incapacity benefit.

I think I have solved it...

PGO, or OPG as it is now known, pay NHS Trust Pensions. She worked for
the NHS, so it will be that pension payment and it is still paying out.
My next trick is to work out how to stop it.

Sam Plusnet

Sep 12, 2015, 3:18:41 PM9/12/15
In article <mn.647b7df9d2...@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk>,
harry...@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk says...
Send them a copy of the Death Certificate, together with a cover letter
stating her NI number & any other reference number they have for her.

--
Sam