OT'ish: what has happened to Doodle polls?

noth...@aolbin.com

May 18, 2022, 11:35:52 AM5/18/22
A few years ago I was an enthusiastic user of Doodle polls but I went
back to set-up a poll today to find the most convenient date for a bunch
of people to get together and it seems that Doodle has been "improved"
Cough!
I want to offer a date in June, a couple in July and one in August. The
"unimproved" Doodle had a simple interface to set-up the possible dates
and to present them to recipients. The "improved" version has made this
messy BUT now offers monthly views, rather than just the possible dates,
to recipients - virtually useless!
Have I missed a setting, is there a way to revert to "good ol'" version,
is there a good alternative?

Andy Burns

May 18, 2022, 11:47:14 AM5/18/22
noth...@aolbin.com wrote:

> I was an enthusiastic user of Doodle polls

Never heard of it, I thought everybody used survey monkey?

noth...@aolbin.com

May 18, 2022, 12:09:24 PM5/18/22
Thanks, I'd forgotten about survey monkey and have just used it to do
what I needed. A much better interface than the "improved" Doodle

Bob Eager

May 18, 2022, 5:16:43 PM5/18/22
Take a look at FramaDate:

https://framadate.org/abc/en/

A couple of years ago I had to start scheduling meetings online. One or
two participants didn't like using Doodle for perceived security reasons.

I actually ended up running my own instance of Framadate, and still do.
But the public one is fine.

Allan

May 19, 2022, 5:41:05 AM5/19/22
Like you, I was a regular user of the (free) doodle poll. I noticed
doodle had suddenly had an upgrade, I couldn't do what I used to be able
to do, and they seemed to want money - so maybe they've decided it's
time to monetise the idea from all the freeloaders like me :-)
Glad for all the recommendations posted on this thread and will watch
with interest.

#Paul

May 19, 2022, 6:32:12 AM5/19/22
Bob Eager <news...@eager.cx> wrote:
> Take a look at FramaDate:
>
> https://framadate.org/abc/en/

Or

https://www.when2meet.com/

#Paul

Susu Bagert

Aug 23, 2022, 11:51:12 PM8/23/22
Found this post in the same way. Doodle upgrade is our loss. Trying to be Calendly.
Survey Monkey is unusable for this purpose.
When it's easier to create a google form....

Bob Eager

Aug 24, 2022, 4:58:57 AM8/24/22
I stopped using it a couple of years ago when some participants objected
to adverts/privacy issues.

I now use framadate (https://framadate.org/abc/en/)

However, I run my own private copy on an AWS instance.

Brian Gaff

Aug 24, 2022, 5:33:59 AM8/24/22
I hate survey monkey, many are unusable with a screenreader.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Susu Bagert" <su...@susubagert.com> wrote in message

Mike Clark

Sep 28, 2023, 8:08:11 AM9/28/23
I was about to give up on Doodle but discovered that the 'problem' was simply that I'd 'accepted' Doodle to share my personal (Google) calendar, now removed that acceptance and it seems to be back to the old Doodle that I quite like

Bob Eager

Sep 28, 2023, 7:32:21 PM9/28/23
I use an open source one called framadate, that I run on my own server.
They seems to have ceased support, but I have the source!