Lidl multi-detector - any good?

Jim K

Mar 5, 2012, 11:46:46 AM3/5/12
http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_29302.htm

anyone got one ? is it £18 worth? what else?

mmmm no tolerances mentioned for ultrasonic measure... or novelty
laser level functions....

Jim K

Jim K

Mar 8, 2012, 4:04:16 PM3/8/12
update
bought one today, tried it:-
ultrasonic measure OK but (as expected easily confused/unreliable), 240v AC was v.poor even on an extension cable FFS, stud detect was also worthless, metal detect was poor.. could've had a bad un but could you ever trust it? no.

it went back an hour later (no quibbles naturally)

Jim K

The Medway Handyman

Mar 8, 2012, 4:30:38 PM3/8/12
I'm actually pleased it was U/S - I spent £50 on a Bosch one on Tuesday :-)

Jim K

Mar 9, 2012, 8:22:14 AM3/9/12
to davi...@blueyonder.co.uk
On Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:30:38 PM UTC, The Medway Handyman wrote:
> On 08/03/2012 21:04, Jim K wrote:
> > update
> > bought one today, tried it:-
> > ultrasonic measure OK but (as expected easily confused/unreliable), 240v AC was v.poor even on an extension cable FFS, stud detect was also worthless, metal detect was poor.. could've had a bad un but could you ever trust it? no.
> >
> > it went back an hour later (no quibbles naturally)
> >
> > Jim K
>
> I'm actually pleased it was U/S - I spent £50 on a Bosch one on Tuesday :-)

;>)) what did ya get Dave?

Jim K

The Medway Handyman

Mar 9, 2012, 8:12:26 PM3/9/12
One of these; http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-pd06-digital-detector/37920

After a quick play at home it seems very good indeed. Not tried in
anger yet.

Jim K

Mar 10, 2012, 10:08:25 AM3/10/12
to davi...@blueyonder.co.uk