Repair to peeeling leather "executive" office chair arms

pinnerite

Feb 17, 2024, 4:36:08 PMFeb 17
The thin leather on my office chair is peeling, showing fabric beneath.

I have scanned the adverts but I find them a bit contradictory.

Has anyone attempted this?

--
Linux Mint 21.1 kernel version 5.15.0-94-generic Cinnamon 5.6.8
AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU 16Gb Dram 2TB Barracuda

Bob Eager

Feb 17, 2024, 4:49:57 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:36:03 +0000, pinnerite wrote:

> The thin leather on my office chair is peeling, showing fabric beneath.
>
> I have scanned the adverts but I find them a bit contradictory.
>
> Has anyone attempted this?

I repaired a couple of times. It didn't last long. I bought new pads:

https://www.chairclinic.co.uk/chair-components/office-chair-arms-pads/

Cursitor Doom

Feb 18, 2024, 4:29:07 AMFeb 18
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:36:03 +0000, pinnerite <pinn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>The thin leather on my office chair is peeling, showing fabric beneath.
>
>I have scanned the adverts but I find them a bit contradictory.
>
>Has anyone attempted this?

Are you *sure* it's leather? Sounds like some sort of imitation job,
in which case you've got no chance.

noth...@aolbin.com

Feb 18, 2024, 6:56:41 AMFeb 18
On 17/02/2024 21:36, pinnerite wrote:
> The thin leather on my office chair is peeling, showing fabric beneath.
>
> I have scanned the adverts but I find them a bit contradictory.
>
> Has anyone attempted this?

Is this the same chair that you asked about (and had several responses)
in December?

pinnerite

Feb 19, 2024, 11:06:28 AMFeb 19
On 17 Feb 2024 21:49:51 GMT
Thank you but none of the pads would be appropriate.

It looks to me as though the arms are covered in bonded leather, now flaking.

Last year, I bought some adhesive-coated leather to act as a stop-gap.
Within a few days it peeled away.

I also found a video that showed a spray-on soluton. Unfortunately I lost the link.

Now that the weather has improved I am eager to get on with it - out of doors.

pinnerite

Feb 19, 2024, 1:55:37 PMFeb 19
It was November but yes it was.

I had lost track of the exchanges and thought they were lost for good.
I managed to retrieve them today.
I still think a personal experience is the best sort of reference.