Bosch dishwasher repair

Craig Cockburn

Aug 6, 2006, 11:41:23 AM8/6/06
Does anyone know anyone in the Edinburgh/Falkirk area that can repair
Bosch dishwashers, it's just over two years old I think and it's not
heating water anymore. It also sticks on 1 minute to finish for about an
hour.

Speaking to someone who know about these appliances but who doesn't
actually fix them, he reckons the electric board needs replaced.

I am loathe to call Bosch themselves due to their rip off call out
charge, repeat visits, inability to provide a narrow time window and
lousy customer service.

thanks
--
Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). M.Sc., CITP, CEng
Owner, http://www.siliconglen.com/

Guy King

Aug 6, 2006, 12:37:20 PM8/6/06
The message <veviuyBj...@siliconglen.com>
from Craig Cockburn <cr...@siliconglen.com> contains these words:

> Does anyone know anyone in the Edinburgh/Falkirk area that can repair
> Bosch dishwashers, it's just over two years old I think and it's not
> heating water anymore.

Sounds like the heating element - why not whip the back off, find the
element's terminals and see if it's open circuit.

--
Skipweasel

Craig Cockburn

Aug 6, 2006, 2:26:46 PM8/6/06
In message <3130303034323...@zetnet.co.uk>, Guy King
<guy....@zetnet.co.uk> writes

>The message <veviuyBj...@siliconglen.com>
>from Craig Cockburn <cr...@siliconglen.com> contains these words:
>
>> Does anyone know anyone in the Edinburgh/Falkirk area that can repair
>> Bosch dishwashers, it's just over two years old I think and it's not
>> heating water anymore.
>
>Sounds like the heating element - why not whip the back off, find the
>element's terminals and see if it's open circuit.

Would I need a circuit tester for that?

Guy King

Aug 6, 2006, 5:13:03 PM8/6/06
The message <+N+W6qCm...@siliconglen.com>

from Craig Cockburn <cr...@siliconglen.com> contains these words:

> >Sounds like the heating element - why not whip the back off, find the

> >element's terminals and see if it's open circuit.
> >
> Would I need a circuit tester for that?

Just a cheap multimeter from Maplin for a fiver - or even just a battery
and blub.

chris French

Aug 7, 2006, 2:31:17 AM8/7/06
In message <3130303034323...@zetnet.co.uk>, Guy King
<guy....@zetnet.co.uk> writes
>The message <veviuyBj...@siliconglen.com>
>from Craig Cockburn <cr...@siliconglen.com> contains these words:
>
>> Does anyone know anyone in the Edinburgh/Falkirk area that can repair
>> Bosch dishwashers, it's just over two years old I think and it's not
>> heating water anymore.
>
>Sounds like the heating element - why not whip the back off, find the
>element's terminals and see if it's open circuit.

It might be, but there was a Bosch DW in this house when we moved in, it
wasn't heating. Investigating it, it seems there are a number of Bosch
DW models where there is a common problem with the PCB, as the OP
suggests - I haven't bothered to fix it as we had the one from our old
house so I juts put that in instead.
--
Chris French