Earlex HVLP spreyer

jhe...@arrakis.es

Mar 6, 2008, 10:42:18 AM3/6/08
Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it?
The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

Did it work as advertised? More important still, has anyone used this
type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms? How does it avoid
coating the entire room with a layer of colored dust?

Any comments, information appreciated.

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Adam Aglionby

Mar 6, 2008, 1:26:12 PM3/6/08

Blacksmith couple of units down form me uses one to spray railings,
he`s very happy with it, but it does generate a fair amount of
overspray.

Cheap compressor kits with a spray gun might be worth looking onto as
well, increased versatility.

Adam

Dave Plowman (News)

Mar 6, 2008, 1:34:27 PM3/6/08
In article <lt30t313mmcr9vuvj...@4ax.com>,

<jhe...@arrakis.es> wrote:
> Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it?
> The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

I've got an Apollo.

> Did it work as advertised?

Yes. Very good, Needs experimenting with, though, as the instructions
ain't that good.

> More important still, has anyone used this
> type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms?

No. Unless painting something like an empty industrial space the amount
of prep and tidying up just isn't worth it.

> How does it avoid coating the entire room with a layer of colored
> dust?

HVLP are better than HP types in this respect.

--
*Welcome to Shit Creek - sorry, we're out of paddles*

To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Grimly Curmudgeon

Mar 6, 2008, 3:51:52 PM3/6/08
drugs began to take hold. I remember jhe...@arrakis.es saying something
like:

>Anyone out there bought one of these sprayers -- and used it?
>The High Volume Low pressure type [ not the airless type ].

I have used them, yes.

>Did it work as advertised? More important still, has anyone used this
>type sprater to paint emulsion in interior rooms? How does it avoid
>coating the entire room with a layer of colored dust?

Ok, I've experience on two sizes from Volumair. The smaller size is the
most commonly encountered and has a reservoir pot the same size as most
workshop spray guns with an air turbine slung off the shoulder. I used
that to spray gensets, cars, vans, etc, etc with vehicle paints.
Absolutely excellent results from it.

The bigger size was for commercial use and had a bigger (but still
portable) turbine unit, floor standing. The gun was a two hose affair,
paint being supplied from a 5 gallon tub which sat next to the turbine.
With this I sprayed the entire inside of a factory in one day. Fucking
amazing bit of kit and totally controllable. I could vary the trigger
pressure and almost airbrush right up to windows, while a full pull on
the trigger would enable me to cover a yard-wide swathe of wall at a
time. Dust wasn't a problem, all the paint goes on the job.

--

Dave