Electrical Building regulations (Part P) - What news?

7 views
Skip to first unread message

northern_relayer

unread,
Nov 27, 2003, 6:06:08 PM11/27/03
to
The goevernment site (odp.gov.uk) on the buuilding regulations has
gone quiet on this subject? There was an announcement (issued summer
2003) threatening introduction April 2004.

Anyone know what's happening? Especially if there is any date change
for introduction.

Have the many representations to MPs had any effect?

Andy Hall

unread,
Nov 27, 2003, 6:26:40 PM11/27/03
to
On 27 Nov 2003 15:06:08 -0800, northern...@hotmail.com
(northern_relayer) wrote:

>The goevernment site (odp.gov.uk) on the buuilding regulations has
>gone quiet on this subject? There was an announcement (issued summer
>2003) threatening introduction April 2004.

Well, it wasn't going to make the Queen's Speech, was it?

>
>Anyone know what's happening? Especially if there is any date change
>for introduction.

It has remained quiet as you say. It would not surprise me to see
a fudged delay.

>
>Have the many representations to MPs had any effect?

None at all, except to go a little way further in demonstrating that
the whole exercise was politically motivated. There was no sound
basis in the statistical and other data justifying the moves and
representations disagreeing with the proposals were roundly ignored.

At the recent Thames Valley area get together, three of us had written
to our MPs and all had received very similar replies from Raynsford's
steam roller (sorry photocopier).

You might like to write to your MP asking him to ask for a written
reply from the minister as to when a date for introduction is likely
to be. Don't expect him to get a clear reply, however.......


.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

PoP

unread,
Nov 27, 2003, 11:36:37 PM11/27/03
to
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:26:40 +0000, Andy Hall <an...@hall.nospam>
wrote:

>Well, it wasn't going to make the Queen's Speech, was it?

:)

>It has remained quiet as you say. It would not surprise me to see
>a fudged delay.

My experience was along the following lines.

Wrote to MP. Received fudged reply back from Raynsford stating that I
didn't need to be registered to issue certificates - all I needed to
do was phone the local council and they would send someone round to do
the job of certification.

I phoned the local council, eventually got to the main man who is
responsible for these things. He said he knew what I was talking about
but no directive had been issued from central government yet and it
was most unlikely that it would take place on April 1st 2004 (the date
on which Raynsford suggested it would) as they had completed their
budgetary cycle for 2004 and it was now too late.

>At the recent Thames Valley area get together, three of us had written
>to our MPs and all had received very similar replies from Raynsford's
>steam roller (sorry photocopier).

We must remember that this is a special kind of steamroller as it uses
intelligent snopake to correct minor deviations in inclusive comments.

>You might like to write to your MP asking him to ask for a written
>reply from the minister as to when a date for introduction is likely
>to be. Don't expect him to get a clear reply, however.......

Would be a good idea to ask on what basis they expect to save some 35
lives a year when the number actually being lost today is 8.

PoP

Andy Hall

unread,
Nov 28, 2003, 5:25:03 AM11/28/03
to
On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 04:36:37 +0000, PoP <Bi...@anyoldtripe.co.uk>
wrote:


>
>Would be a good idea to ask on what basis they expect to save some 35
>lives a year when the number actually being lost today is 8.

That should be possible since they spend most of their time screwing
around..... :-)


>
>PoP

N. Thornton

unread,
Nov 28, 2003, 6:23:37 PM11/28/03
to
Andy Hall <an...@hall.nospam> wrote in message news:<t88esvcmfmaqtagdo...@4ax.com>...

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 04:36:37 +0000, PoP <Bi...@anyoldtripe.co.uk>
> wrote:

> >Would be a good idea to ask on what basis they expect to save some 35
> >lives a year when the number actually being lost today is 8.

> That should be possible since they spend most of their time screwing
> around..... :-)


And while all this is going on the death rate from the main causes of
death (other than natural) is many zeros times as high. And what is
being done about it? In several cases nothing visible.


Regards, NT

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages