Anti-vibration feet

pinnerite

Sep 27, 2021, 1:33:12 PMSep 27
A rubber foot on our Miele washing machine has worn away.
I need a 'boot' to cover the metal plate that it was attached to.
Its diameter is approximately 28mm.

The adverts for these things don't give dimensions.
I wrote to a couple of them on Friday.
It is probably too much to expect a swift reply.

If patience is a virtue, then i live in a virtue-free zone. :(

--
Mint 20.04, kernel 5.4.0-42-generic, Cinnamon 4.6.7
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 8GB of DRAM.

Richard

Sep 27, 2021, 1:41:19 PMSep 27
On 27/09/2021 18:33, pinnerite wrote:
> A rubber foot on our Miele washing machine has worn away.
> I need a 'boot' to cover the metal plate that it was attached to.
> Its diameter is approximately 28mm.
>
> The adverts for these things don't give dimensions.
> I wrote to a couple of them on Friday.
> It is probably too much to expect a swift reply.
>
> If patience is a virtue, then i live in a virtue-free zone. :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vibration-Washing-Machines-Tumble-Absorbers/dp/B0716FDPBN

Nick Odell

Sep 27, 2021, 1:47:47 PMSep 27
On Mon, 27 Sep 2021 18:33:08 +0100, pinnerite <pinn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>A rubber foot on our Miele washing machine has worn away.
>I need a 'boot' to cover the metal plate that it was attached to.
>Its diameter is approximately 28mm.
>
>The adverts for these things don't give dimensions.
>I wrote to a couple of them on Friday.
>It is probably too much to expect a swift reply.
>
>If patience is a virtue, then i live in a virtue-free zone. :(

Have a look at feet for walking sticks or NHS-style crutches. My local
ironmonger (yes, we still have one of those) keeps a selection and I
was able to pick a few suitable ones for a project.

Nick

Nick Odell

Sep 27, 2021, 2:11:08 PMSep 27
ICBW but those look like furniture cups for the Miele feet to drop
into.

Nick

AJH

Sep 27, 2021, 3:55:32 PMSep 27
I bought small amounts, as little as 4 pieces at a time, of bump stops
from this firm

https://www.polymax.co.uk/rubber-fenders/bump-stops/rubber-stopper

and they were helpful

Chris Green

Sep 27, 2021, 4:03:05 PMSep 27
pinnerite <pinn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A rubber foot on our Miele washing machine has worn away.
> I need a 'boot' to cover the metal plate that it was attached to.
> Its diameter is approximately 28mm.
>
> The adverts for these things don't give dimensions.
> I wrote to a couple of them on Friday.
> It is probably too much to expect a swift reply.
>
> If patience is a virtue, then i live in a virtue-free zone. :(

Try WDS Ltd. - wdsltd.co.uk

--
Chris Green
·

pinnerite

Sep 27, 2021, 5:28:57 PMSep 27
They will do the job. Thanks.

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Sep 28, 2021, 4:50:50 AMSep 28
Some kind of feral like on a walking stick? If one has died, the others are
probably knackered as well, why not stand the whole thing on a sheet of soft
rubber?
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
bri...@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"pinnerite" <pinn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Rod Speed

Sep 28, 2021, 5:40:03 AMSep 28
Brian Gaff (Sofa) <bri...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> Some kind of feral like on a walking stick?

You aren't allowed to impale ferals with your walking stick anymore, you
bugger.

> If one has died,

Unsurprising given that you impaled it on your walking stick, you bugger.

> the others are probably knackered as well, why not stand the whole thing
> on a sheet of soft rubber?

Once its dead, it will just fall over.

Andrew

Sep 28, 2021, 6:35:30 AMSep 28
Is a feral walking stick one that has escaped and 'gone native' ? :-)

I presume you meant a ferrule for a walking stick.

Another problem the OP will have is lifting his Miele washing m/c
up to make the repair. They weigh a heck of a lot more than the
cheapo variety.

Andrew

Peeler

Sep 28, 2021, 10:38:32 AMSep 28
On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 19:39:54 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?
man" on the InterNet."
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/rod-speed-faq.2973853/