Cleaning very dirty marble floor.

1 view

dawoo...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 1:40:39 PM11/26/08
Hello,

Our Kitchen has marble floor tiles which a looking very dirty and they
seem to have a horrible white shadow.
I can't really remember how clean it was when new because we had to
temporarily lay down lino because my 1 year old found it horrible to
crawl about on.
We have Hagesan wash and shine and their polish.
These products make no difference to the appearance.

What do you reckon needs doing?

Thank you.

The Medway Handyman

Nov 26, 2008, 2:03:43 PM11/26/08

Marble is porous & the dirt has been absorbed into the surface.

Use a strong mix of neutral detergent & soak the floor, keep agitating with
a mop, keep the surface covered e.g. don't let it dry out. Half an hour
should do the job.

Pick up the liquid with a wet vacuum & rinse. Should make a big difference.

Failing that, you can use a mildly acidic stone cleaner like this (QMT
Stoneclean)
http://www.prochem.co.uk/floor,_hard_surface_&_restoration_products.htm
Look under Janitorial Supplies in YP - most stock Prochem products.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

PeterMcC

Nov 26, 2008, 3:27:19 PM11/26/08
<dawoo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The dirt/stain gets in to the marble and needs lifting out - acetone works
well but a whole floor's worth is a bit daunting.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

dawoo...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2008, 1:30:08 PM11/27/08
On 26 Nov, 20:27, "PeterMcC" <pe...@mccourt.org.uk> wrote:
> <dawoods...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > Our Kitchen hasmarblefloortiles which a looking very dirty and they

> > seem to have a horrible white shadow.
> > I can't really remember how clean it was when new because we had to
> > temporarily lay down lino because my 1 year old found it horrible to
> > crawl about on.
> > We have Hagesan wash and shine and their polish.
> > These products make no difference to the appearance.
>
> > What do you reckon needs doing?
>
> The dirt/stain gets in to themarbleand needs lifting out - acetone works
> well but a wholefloor'sworth is a bit daunting.

> --
> PeterMcC
>
> If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
> inappropriate or offensive in any way,
> please ignore it and accept my apologies.

Thank you everyone for the help.