BLOWBACK

Limey One

Jul 20, 2003, 11:26:04 AM7/20/03
'Blowback' is the CIA term for the unintended consequences of secret operations.
Or when the monsters you have created like Saddam or Osama no longer serve
your interests and start to bite you.
And September 11th was the biggest blowback of all....

Step back from the Blowback
Plans that were hatched with the strings still attatched
See there's always a catch
When you're living through a blow back
You were wondring why you needed places to hide
keep one eye on the sky when you're living through a blow back
Sink into the mud watch out for the scud
Cos oil is thicker than blood in the world of blow back
From ally to madman from client to badman
From Gommorah to Saddam staring in the blow back
Invisible Sins Invisible Kings
The shit we're gonna drown in the spin
Permanent warfare Burning up welfare
Add up add up their share of the hardware
Roghts disposed of Government gloves off
Flick of the wrist Summary Justice
Feel the kiss of the US fist
Hollywood Hollywodd tinsel this
Fanning the flames of fanatical fervour
One bad turn always deserves another
Covert and subvert and secret operation
Still suffering the consequences of active inaction
Tunnelling through mountaisn buildings networks of caves
$40 billion dollars for 40,000 graves
Collateral damage and friendly fire
Talking the talk of the undercover empire
(live and direct from the undercover empire)
Whats the price of engagement
Whats the price of containment
Can we come to an arrangement
Make a buck off the blow back
Wathc the pipeline and the oil show
Its McWorld and fries to go
Starring in the blow back
One-sided triangle squarin' the circle
Pentagonal diagonal Caught out in the blow back

STEP BACK FROM THE BLOW BACK

Control now we have air superiority
Their only plane was the one we sold them last week
As leaflets food parcels explode into nails
Bush chokes on a pretzel and Clinton exhales
Sayin Cool Down India Cool Down Pakistan
Here comes your new billion dollar air squadron
Laying down a pipline through Kazakstan
The ends the broadcast live from ABSURDISTAN
Live and direct from London, Absurdistan

ADF - BLOWBACK

Michael R Henson

Jul 20, 2003, 7:52:03 PM7/20/03
If it is the unintended consequences, how can that apply to
institutional currency of persons and operations? A footnote in
Lobster 45 (the journal of parapolitics) refers to the CIA handling of
the Al-Agca business (papal assassination) and that a book resulting
claiming that he was run by Rumanian KGB, only for that to be denied
despite admission that the CIA was responsible for starting the
rumour. Surely the CIA don't change every five or six years!

arache

Jul 20, 2003, 7:57:12 PM7/20/03

"Limey One" <Lime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

'Blowback' is the CIA term for the unintended consequences of secret
operations.
Or when the monsters you have created like Saddam or Osama no longer serve
your interests and start to bite you.
And September 11th was the biggest blowback of all....

Okay, what's a Limey?
cheers,

Limey One

Jul 23, 2003, 5:29:32 PM7/23/03

arache wrote in message ...

Limey is an old American nickname for the English.

The British navy were the first to work out that high levels
of scurvey among sailors was due to a lack of vitimin C.
From then on - British ships carried large supplies of limes
on long trips.
Hence the Brits became know as 'Limeys'.

cheers
Limey One

arache

Jul 23, 2003, 6:03:12 PM7/23/03

> arache wrote in message ...
> >
> >"Limey One" <Lime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >'Blowback' is the CIA term for the unintended consequences of secret
> >operations.
> >Or when the monsters you have created like Saddam or Osama no longer
serve
> >your interests and start to bite you.
> >And September 11th was the biggest blowback of all....
> >
> >Okay, what's a Limey?
> >cheers,
> Limey is an old American nickname for the English.

Too right it's straight out of 1947. It does come across as very dated, are
you very dated or English?

> The British navy were the first to work out that high levels
> of scurvey among sailors was due to a lack of vitimin C.
> From then on - British ships carried large supplies of limes
> on long trips.

Okay but I learnt where my topsail was by the age of eleven.

> Hence the Brits became know as 'Limeys'.

Okay but I think redcoats might be more up to date.
cheers,

Limey One

Jul 28, 2003, 1:56:22 PM7/28/03

arache wrote in message ...
>"Limey One" <Lime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> arache wrote in message ...
>> >
>> >"Limey One" <Lime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >'Blowback' is the CIA term for the unintended consequences of secret
>> >operations.
>> >Or when the monsters you have created like Saddam or Osama no longer
>serve
>> >your interests and start to bite you.
>> >And September 11th was the biggest blowback of all....
>> >
>> >Okay, what's a Limey?
>> >cheers,
>> Limey is an old American nickname for the English.
>
>Too right it's straight out of 1947.

>It does come across as very dated, are
>you very dated or English?

I'm English and once when I used a different name in the newsgroups

an extreme right wing American guy kept calling me 'Limey Scum' 'Limey
Idiot' etc etc
So I thought I'd use it.
Sticks and Stones etc etc

Limey One

arache

Jul 28, 2003, 2:17:04 PM7/28/03
"Limey One" <Lime...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Excellent, I'll stop asking you what it means then. ;-}
It is very dated isn't it? Almost enough to throw my bowler hat under a
passing steam train.
cheers,

Limey One

Jul 28, 2003, 2:41:30 PM7/28/03

Or a district nurse cycling round the village cricket pitch at sunset.
Or an Automobile Association Official flagging you donw on the A23
to warn you of a plice speed trap up ahead - "Stay below 20mph Sir, Good
Day!"

Actually Limey is older than 1947, porbably dates back to the 19th C -
but like I say it seems some Americans still call us Brits
Limeys - and thats OK by me - Limes are one of the more interesting citrus
fuits.
US troops stationed in Britian during WW2 certainly called Brits 'Limeys'.

cheers
Limey One