Copying iPhone Recording

Jeff Gaines

Nov 25, 2021, 12:00:11 PM11/25/21

A neighbour recorded a meeting earlier on her iPhone. She wants to get it
on her (Windows 10) laptop.

I told her to connect the iPhone to the laptop using a USB cable but she
says it hasn't shown in File Explorer. Is there a better/correct way of
doing this?

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
George Washington was a British subject until well after his 40th birthday.

nospam

Nov 25, 2021, 12:03:18 PM11/25/21
In article <xn0n5t0ci...@news.individual.net>, Jeff Gaines
<jgaines...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> A neighbour recorded a meeting earlier on her iPhone. She wants to get it
> on her (Windows 10) laptop.

using what app?

> I told her to connect the iPhone to the laptop using a USB cable but she
> says it hasn't shown in File Explorer.

only photos show up in file explorer.

> Is there a better/correct way of
> doing this?

itunes can sync it, or it can be shared to any of a number of services,
such as dropbox, icloud, etc. it can also be emailed. if she had a mac,
it could very easily be airdropped. many, many options.

Jeff Gaines

Nov 27, 2021, 4:55:00 AM11/27/21
On 25/11/2021 in message <251120211203153678%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam
wrote:

>itunes can sync it, or it can be shared to any of a number of services,
>such as dropbox, icloud, etc. it can also be emailed. if she had a mac,
>it could very easily be airdropped. many, many options.

Many thanks nospam :-)

She emailed it then discovered the 'phone recorder had stopped after two
minutes!

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it

Pd

Nov 29, 2021, 9:39:23 AM11/29/21
Jeff Gaines <jgaines...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25/11/2021 in message <251120211203153678%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam
> wrote:
>
> >itunes can sync it, or it can be shared to any of a number of services,
> >such as dropbox, icloud, etc. it can also be emailed. if she had a mac,
> >it could very easily be airdropped. many, many options.
>
> Many thanks nospam :-)
>
> She emailed it then discovered the 'phone recorder had stopped after two
> minutes!

Just a datapoint, I've used iPhone VoiceMemos to record two hour long
meetings, and been impressed with the microphone sensitivity.
A 1h22m recording took 48 Mb, so not even that storage hungry.

--
Pd