Setting Safari window width

Graeme Wall

May 4, 2022, 5:09:12 PM5/4/22
I want to set the default width of a Safari window to a specific value.
I did it once before but can't remember how. Can anyone advise?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

nospam

May 4, 2022, 5:13:20 PM5/4/22
In article <t4uq1m$if2$1...@dont-email.me>, Graeme Wall
<ra...@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I want to set the default width of a Safari window to a specific value.
> I did it once before but can't remember how. Can anyone advise?

grow/shrink the window to the desired size and then close it (no web
page need be loaded), and it will remember the size for subsequent
windows.

Graeme Wall

May 5, 2022, 3:40:37 AM5/5/22
Doh, of course. I had a script once to set a particular size for some
reason.

Sara Merriman

May 9, 2022, 11:20:00 AM5/9/22
On 5 May 2022 at 07:38:27 BST, "Ray" <amos-...@outlook.com> wrote:
> This also works with other browsers.

Sadly doesn't work for me with Firefox - that always insists on opening a
window at full width, no matter how many times I change it.
--
Spike is a sturdy birdy

Richard Tobin

May 9, 2022, 12:10:02 PM5/9/22
In article <ziaeK.1301448$zX2.3...@fx12.ams4>,
Sara Merriman <sarame...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>>> grow/shrink the window to the desired size and then close it (no web
>>> page need be loaded), and it will remember the size for subsequent
>>> windows.

>> This also works with other browsers.

>Sadly doesn't work for me with Firefox - that always insists on opening a
>window at full width, no matter how many times I change it.

Apparently this can be caused by a corrupt configuration file xulstore.json:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/changes-toolbars-and-window-sizes-are-not-saved

-- Richard

Sara Merriman

May 9, 2022, 1:04:30 PM5/9/22
Thanks for that, "your extensions and themes will be removed" gives me pause,
but I'm sure I can check which I have and re-add them when my brain is
functioning slightly better than now :-)