Can't delete email

Mark

Nov 29, 2021, 6:54:35 PM11/29/21
'USPS' spam. Can't delete it or move it to junk or drag to either (just
reappears in inbox). Got 'Load Remote content' unselected. Weird.
--
Cheers ... Mark

Jeff Gaines

Nov 30, 2021, 3:44:16 AM11/30/21
On 29/11/2021 in message <so3p7p$1av4$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Mark wrote:

>'USPS' spam. Can't delete it or move it to junk or drag to either (just
>reappears in inbox). Got 'Load Remote content' unselected. Weird.

I've had a few like that recently. I use IMAP and discovered that my email
program couldn't connect with the server so couldn't move or delete the
email. As soon as the server connection was restored all was well.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation

Mark

Nov 30, 2021, 4:47:44 AM11/30/21
On 2021-11-30 08:44:13 +0000, "Jeff Gaines" <jgaines...@yahoo.co.uk> said:

> On 29/11/2021 in message <so3p7p$1av4$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Mark wrote:
>
>> 'USPS' spam. Can't delete it or move it to junk or drag to either (just
>> reappears in inbox). Got 'Load Remote content' unselected. Weird.
>
> I've had a few like that recently. I use IMAP and discovered that my
> email program couldn't connect with the server so couldn't move or
> delete the email. As soon as the server connection was restored all was
> well.

Ah, yes! Never noticed it happening before. Although the Mailbox showed
as online, once I 'switched it off and on again' the offending item
vanished! Thanks.
--
Cheers ... Mark

Graham J

Nov 30, 2021, 6:04:15 AM11/30/21
Many IMAP implementations are broken.

--
Graham J

Jaimie Vandenbergh

Nov 30, 2021, 9:56:50 AM11/30/21
If disconnecting the client and reconnecting immediately worked, it's
more likely the client is mishandling the case where the server is not
responding or has terminated the session. The client should have closed
its end and reconnected on not getting an expected response.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas A. Edison

Stefen Petruzzellis - fretwizzen

Nov 30, 2021, 5:54:38 PM11/30/21
Snot / Snit's essentially fooling Peeler to keep feeding him by trying
to 'script bots', specifically, his poor code and Peeler's efforts to help
him become a better scripter. He needs recognition, and as long as you're
willing to continue directly providing it, he will remain. Right, Snot
/ Snit is trying to retail a WordPress reference, which anyone can get
from torrent sites, that is grade school simple. If he wasn't so lost he'd
realize how screwed up he proves himself to be ;) I have known turnips
who argue better than you do.

--
What Every Entrepreneur Must Know!!
http://techrights.org/2011/07/24/gnu-linux-macosx-by-michael-glasser-roy-

Stefen Petruzzellis - fretwizzen

Nov 30, 2021, 9:04:45 PM11/30/21
On Tuesday, November 30, 2021 at 2:47:44 AM UTC-7, Mark wrote:
Gee, imagine Michael Glasser Snit trying to pin his rubbish on Isis and me,
no one has ever seen that before <shrug>. Michael Glasser Snit is trying
again to besmirch Kaspersky. In fact Michael Glasser Snit's lies became more
vile. So obviously I regret not lashing out at Michael Glasser Snit. While
I am sure the trolls appreciated it, he has taught me to never try to appease
a troll. Well... like I said, Isis would never deny the flooder is Michael
Glasser Snit, who is a demonstrable programmer but I don't know if it could
be used to spam like this.

--
Top Six Ways Michael Glasser Snit Trolls!!
Automate Google Groups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYQ4Tg0r0g0