Archived webpages - followup

Liz Tuddenham

Sep 14, 2021, 8:52:30 AMSep 14
Thanks to everyone who replied to my "Archived webpages" post about 4
months ago. I needed the information to prove that my local council had
advertised the boundaries of a Clean Air Zone in the wrong location
immediately prior to it coming into force. The resulting change in
signage resulted in entrapment.

I am please to say that, having taken the case to a tribunal, the
adjudicator accepted my evidence and agreed that the signage appeared to
be inadequate. He found against B&NES Council on the grounds that they
had made a procedural error, but his comments on the signage may be
helpful to anyone else who has been trapped in this way.

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Graham J

Sep 14, 2021, 11:24:47 AMSep 14
Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who replied to my "Archived webpages" post about 4
> months ago. I needed the information to prove that my local council had
> advertised the boundaries of a Clean Air Zone in the wrong location
> immediately prior to it coming into force. The resulting change in
> signage resulted in entrapment.
>
> I am please to say that, having taken the case to a tribunal, the
> adjudicator accepted my evidence and agreed that the signage appeared to
> be inadequate. He found against B&NES Council on the grounds that they
> had made a procedural error, but his comments on the signage may be
> helpful to anyone else who has been trapped in this way.

Is the adjudicator's judgement published anywhere for us to see?

What sort of vehicle do you drive? I see the B&NES Council website
says: "If you drive a private car or motorbike you do not need to pay
the charge"

--
Graham J

Liz Tuddenham

Sep 14, 2021, 12:08:00 PMSep 14
Graham J <nob...@nowhere.co.uk> wrote:

> Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone who replied to my "Archived webpages" post about 4
> > months ago. I needed the information to prove that my local council had
> > advertised the boundaries of a Clean Air Zone in the wrong location
> > immediately prior to it coming into force. The resulting change in
> > signage resulted in entrapment.
> >
> > I am please to say that, having taken the case to a tribunal, the
> > adjudicator accepted my evidence and agreed that the signage appeared to
> > be inadequate. He found against B&NES Council on the grounds that they
> > had made a procedural error, but his comments on the signage may be
> > helpful to anyone else who has been trapped in this way.
> >

> Is the adjudicator's judgement published anywhere for us to see?

The judgements are individual, so as far as I know they aren't
published.

> What sort of vehicle do you drive? I see the B&NES Council website
> says: "If you drive a private car or motorbike you do not need to pay
> the charge"

A diesel van Euro 5 compliant.

They initially said all Diesel vehicles before Euro 4 would be charged
but E5&6 were exempted; then they exempted cars, motorbikes, showmans
vehicles, ambulances etc etc(a very long list); then they said
commercial E5 vans were not exempted and campers counted as commercial
vans, so they have been raking it in from unwitting tourists and people
who went out and bought E5 vans or campers on the strength of the

A couple of months after the zone started, one third of all motorists
caught were refusing to pay the charge and it looks as though 300 a
month are taking it to the tribunal.

Meanwhile plumbers are refusing to take on jobs in Bath, tradesmen are
having to drive miles (even into the next county) to deliver their
goods, city centre businesses are closing and the council is patting
itself on the back for being so 'green'.

Graham J

Sep 14, 2021, 12:55:12 PMSep 14
Liz Tuddenham wrote:

[snip]

>> Is the adjudicator's judgement published anywhere for us to see?
>
> The judgements are individual, so as far as I know they aren't
> published.
>

>> What sort of vehicle do you drive? I see the B&NES Council website
>> says: "If you drive a private car or motorbike you do not need to pay
>> the charge"
>
> A diesel van Euro 5 compliant.
>
> They initially said all Diesel vehicles before Euro 4 would be charged
> but E5&6 were exempted; then they exempted cars, motorbikes, showmans
> vehicles, ambulances etc etc(a very long list); then they said
> commercial E5 vans were not exempted and campers counted as commercial
> vans, so they have been raking it in from unwitting tourists and people
> who went out and bought E5 vans or campers on the strength of the
>
> A couple of months after the zone started, one third of all motorists
> caught were refusing to pay the charge and it looks as though 300 a
> month are taking it to the tribunal.
>
> Meanwhile plumbers are refusing to take on jobs in Bath, tradesmen are
> having to drive miles (even into the next county) to deliver their
> goods, city centre businesses are closing and the council is patting
> itself on the back for being so 'green'.

Ah, interesting.

Transport and global warming is a serious issue. What the current
shortage of lorry drivers is showing us is that we will all have to
survive by reducing the need for travel and transport.

But ultimaltely global warming will be self-limiting. When the human
population is reduced to a tenth of its current level there will be
sufficient high ground and temperate areas for the few people that
remain to live reasonably comfortably, and the global temperature will
gradually reduce over the succeeding centuries.

--
Graham J

Liz Tuddenham

Sep 14, 2021, 3:23:23 PMSep 14
In the mean time, the most environmentally-friendy vehicle is one which
already exists. Forcing people to buy new cars and vans when the old
ones could last many more years is absolute folly.

The problem began in the 1930 with separate housing estates and
industrial estates; the closure of railway branch lines and small
factory railheads in the 1960 made the problem worse. Since then we
have had larger more-centralised hospitals and schools which make for
economies on their own budgets at the expense of an increased transport
budgets. Finally, supermarkets may suit the American lifestyle, but
they are completely out of place on a crowded island with limited
transport resources.

Everything has been pushing us the wrong way for decades and nobody has
even properly identified the causes of the problem - they just want to
impose more restrictions on people who have been left with no choice.

> But ultimaltely global warming will be self-limiting. When the human
> population is reduced to a tenth of its current level there will be
> sufficient high ground and temperate areas for the few people that
> remain to live reasonably comfortably, and the global temperature will
> gradually reduce over the succeeding centuries.

I am still waiting for someone to query why 'all the science' points to
global warming. If the research had been done scientifically and
without political interference (selective funding), there would
certainly be some evidence to the contrary, even if the overall
conclusion was supportive.

Martin Smith

Sep 15, 2021, 5:08:03 AMSep 15
unfortunately oil money lubricates politicians pockets and has done for
a very long time and of course they think it will last for ever, you may
remember Mrs Thatcher "our glorious car economy"

STALKING_TARGET_59

Sep 15, 2021, 12:06:12 PMSep 15
Michael Snit Glasser's computer has more cores than Theo's. Michael Snit
Glasser wins. Theo loses. LOL! How did Theo get _so_ conceited he believes
everything is about himself??

If Theo calls having his ass handed to him like an idiot by everyone (and
completely ruining his reputation and any reason for me to trust anything
he has to say - until the cows come home) effective 'trolling', then no doubt...
he is a good troll. I don't subscribe to that meaning, I use another term.
I call him a total imbecile. My view is correct. Always correct.

There's a few variations to choose from in so far as in out.

Over and over, the refrain is he wants to "talk tech", but the guy spends
most of his time whining about "obsession".

-
Curious how these posts are made? Theo automates them: https://youtu.be/hYQ4Tg0r0g0