OT - I have a new hobby!

David Brooks

Apr 27, 2022, 3:40:13 AM4/27/22
Hi 🙂

I signed up for, and watched, this free lesson last evening:-

https://www.iphonelife.com/iphone_camera_free_lesson

I have subsequently subscribed as an "Insider" and will endeavour to
absorb the information with which I am provided over the months ahead.

YOU might like to take a look at iPhone Life too.

It seems 100% genuine; you may have seen their magazine in the shops!

https://ibb.co/g73Tc3H

=

Mango Life Media LLC (Publisher of iPhone Life)
402 North B Street, Suite #108
Fairfield, IA 52556
Phone: 641-472-6330

Customer Service

For print subscription and renewal issues, please visit iPhone Life
Customer Service.
For iPhone Life Insider support or questions, email us at
insider...@iphonelife.com.

Advertising

David Averbach 641.472.6330 ext 259 (office)
For rates, distibution information, and ad deadlines, click here.

Web

For questions or concerns about iPhoneLife.com, please email
webm...@iphonelife.com.

Editorial

To propose an article for iPhone Life magazine or iPhoneLife.com, email
our Editor in Chief Donna Cleveland or Senior Web Editor Sarah Kingsbury.​

https://www.iphonelife.com/contactus

Bob Campbell

Apr 27, 2022, 11:21:44 PM4/27/22
David Brooks <D...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> I have subsequently subscribed as an "Insider" and will endeavour to
> absorb the information with which I am provided over the months ahead.

LOL. Good one.

You have a 10 year history here - not to mention the numerous forums where
you have been banned - that proves you don’t absorb anything except
alcohol.

Any takers on how long it takes Dipshit David to get banned from this?

Kelly Phillips

Apr 28, 2022, 12:22:55 AM4/28/22
I think he'll lose interest, just like when he recently talked about
becoming fluent with Wireshark so that he could collect packet captures
in order to check for what he calls backdoor traffic. Less than 24 hours
later, he had dropped the Wireshark plan. To put it bluntly, he doesn't
have the technical foundation to do anything significant, and he knows
it, so this latest crusade is probably doomed from the start.

David Brooks

Apr 28, 2022, 4:54:49 AM4/28/22
On 28/04/2022 04:21, Bob Campbell wrote:
> David Brooks <D...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>
>> I have subsequently subscribed as an "Insider" and will endeavour to
>> absorb the information with which I am provided over the months ahead.
>
> LOL. Good one.

Yes! :-D

> You have a 10 year history here - not to mention the numerous forums where
> you have been banned - that proves you don’t absorb anything except
> alcohol.

I stopped drinking alcohol on 21 March 2018

> Any takers on how long it takes David to get banned from this?

The course is quite expensive; I'll not be banned from attending.

Details here:

Have a grand day!

--
Kind regards,
David

Incubus

Apr 28, 2022, 7:33:37 AM4/28/22
On 2022-04-27, David Brooks <D...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> Golf, strangling animals and masturbating.

I have never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.

Wolffan

Apr 28, 2022, 8:06:58 AM4/28/22
On 28 Apr 2022, Incubus wrote
(in article<slrnt6kusf....@localhost.localdomain>):

> On 2022-04-27, David Brooks<D...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> > Golf, strangling animals and masturbating.
>
> I have never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.

stick around. Ol’ yellowstain gets worse.

David Brooks

Apr 28, 2022, 11:46:55 AM4/28/22
On 28/04/2022 12:33, Incubus *MANIPULATED THE TRUTH*!

> I have never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.

*THIS* is what was posted:-

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165116061700

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
From: David Brooks <D...@nomail.afraid.org>
Subject: OT - I have a new hobby!
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 08:40:10 +0100

David Brooks

Apr 28, 2022, 11:55:59 AM4/28/22
On 28/04/2022 13:06, Wolffan *LIED*

> On 28 Apr 2022, Incubus wrote
> (in article<slrnt6kusf....@localhost.localdomain>):

>> I have never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.
>
> stick around. Ol’ yellowstain gets worse.

The post was manipulated. Here's the header info:-

From: Incubus <u953...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: OT - I have a new hobby!
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:33:35 -0000 (UTC)

On 2022-04-27, David Brooks <D...@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

I have never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.

=

*Wolffan is a LIAR*

David Brooks

Apr 28, 2022, 12:37:46 PM4/28/22
*On 28/04/2022 12:33, *Incubus manipulated the post she made*. :-(

That is in contravention of the rules.

See:- *Usenet Abuse FAQ*

NOTE: Fraudulent complaints received may be copied to the account that
is the target of the complaint should they become excessive about
non-abusive things. By mailing a complaint about a user that does not
violate our policies you agree to the user receiving a copy. If the user
is violating our policies, the account will be terminated without
warning or notification.

https://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage=abuse

Kelly Phillips

Apr 28, 2022, 2:52:31 PM4/28/22
On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:37:43 +0100, David Brooks <D...@nomail.afraid.org>
wrote:

>*On 28/04/2022 12:33, *Incubus manipulated the post she made*. :-(
>
>That is in contravention of the rules.

No one with any sense trusts you to know what "the rules" are.

Wolffan

Apr 28, 2022, 7:01:06 PM4/28/22
On 28 Apr 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <gOyaK.251252$Xa1....@fx10.ams1>):

> On 28/04/2022 13:06, Wolffan *LIED*
>
> > On 28 Apr 2022, Incubus wrote
> > (in article<slrnt6kusf....@localhost.localdomain>):
>
> > > I have never heard of anything so disgusting in my life.
> >
> > stick around. Ol’ yellowstain gets worse.
>
> The post was manipulated.

so? You do exactly that quite often. Including to _me_ on at least three
occasions. Glass houses, boyo, glass houses.
where’s the lie?

David Brooks

Apr 29, 2022, 3:16:49 AM4/29/22

*Wolffan is a LIAR*

> where’s the lie?

1. Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press
and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R
is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra
10.12.4 or later… How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still
available.

2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk

If you need to erase your disk before installing macOS, select Disk
Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. You probably
don't need to erase, unless you're selling or giving away your Mac or
have an issue that requires you to erase. Learn more about when and how
to erase.

3. Install macOS

After starting up from macOS Recovery, follow these steps to install macOS:

Choose Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from the Utilities window.
Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions to choose your
disk and begin installation.
If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to
log in to your Mac. If it doesn't see your disk, or it says that it
can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your
disk.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep
or closing its lid. During installation, your Mac might restart and show
a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes
at a time.
If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling or giving
it away, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup.
Then click Shut Down. When the new owner starts up the Mac, they can use
their own information to complete setup.

If you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4

If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later was never installed on your Mac, macOS
Recovery works differently:

Command-R is still the recommended way to start up from macOS Recovery.
This combination makes sure that the installation isn't associated with
your Apple ID, which is important if you're selling or giving away your Mac.

Option-Command-R installs the macOS that came with your Mac, or the
closest version still available.

If Shift-Option-Command-R isn't available.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Wolffan

Apr 29, 2022, 8:56:30 AM4/29/22
On 29 Apr 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <zhMaK.88093$3b1....@fx14.ams1>):

> *Wolffan is a LIAR*

you keep posting that. you keep not being about to point out even one lie.
Interesting. A long copy-paste... containing no evidence showing that I lied.
Why, it’s almost as if the vile one was a brain-damaged, insane, deluded,
troll and stalker. Hmmm. He _is_ a brain-damaged, insane, deluded, troll and
stalker.

David Brooks

Apr 29, 2022, 12:08:10 PM4/29/22
On 29/04/2022 13:56, Wolffan has asked me to keep posting the truth
about him.

*Wolffan IS a LIAR*

He calls me names but provides absolutely *NO* evidence of his claims.

EOD

--
David

Wolffan

Apr 29, 2022, 2:07:02 PM4/29/22
On 29 Apr 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <H3UaK.295228$2OB.2...@fx09.ams1>):
you keep posting that. you keep not providing not even one example.

David Brooks

Apr 29, 2022, 2:42:23 PM4/29/22
HERE is an obvious example:-

You claimed ......Message-ID:
<0001HW.281C611500...@news.supernews.com>

"the next time that you’re honest will be the first time."

*THAT IS A LIE*!

--
David B.

David Brooks

Apr 29, 2022, 2:46:29 PM4/29/22
I've already provided the link:-

Table of Contents

Will we terminate an account for spamming?
Will we terminate an account for forging?
Will we terminate an account for posting something someone found offensive?
Will we terminate an account for using filthy language?
Will we terminate an account for trolling?
Do we condone trolling?
Will we terminate an account for posting binary messages in a non-binary
group?
Will we terminate an account for posting links to child pornography?
Will we terminate an account for flaming?
Will we terminate an account for posting personal information about another?
Will we terminate an account for posting off topic?
Will we terminate an account for posting racist messages?
Will we terminate an account for posting against the charter?
Will we terminate an account for forging approval headers or cancels?
Will we terminate an account for morphing?
Will we terminate an account for libel?
Will we terminate an account for being annoying?

Wolffan

Apr 29, 2022, 3:37:24 PM4/29/22
On 29 Apr 2022, David Brooks wrote
(in article <gkWaK.88525$3b1....@fx14.ams1>):