Re: VMware Fusion for M1 Systems

Chris

Sep 9, 2021, 11:47:29 AM9/9/21
On 09/09/2021 13:48, Alan B wrote:
> It seems a beta is on its way. In the meantime you can apply to get a sneak
> preview.
>
> <https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=yjiRs-48Skuk1s2D2d1i8PIAbpFAnyxKvSHs5tNDBlNURDNFUVZWNldZQlJSM0VTNFc1WkZPN1hJQi4u>

Hmm a random Office Forms link...?

Seems dodgy but apparently comes from a genuine VMware source, although
could also be fake.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/pkjm89/private_tech_preview_for_vmware_fusion_on_apple/

Ian McCall

Sep 10, 2021, 4:19:05 AM9/10/21
On 9 Sep 2021, Alan B wrote
(in article<shddt5$4lu$1...@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>):
> Well at great risk to life and limb I signed up. The form only requested my
> name, email address and why I wanted early access. No request for other
> personal info such as dob, snail mail address and bank details. No response
> so far.

Your sacrifice is duly noted and appreciated...

I could do with a beta of the Intel version to be honest. Monterey support is
shocking, and normally by now there are betas running along side the OS ones.
Haven’t heard a peep this time round.

Cheers,
Ian

Chris

Sep 10, 2021, 8:22:29 AM9/10/21
Ian McCall <i...@eruvia.org> wrote:
> On 9 Sep 2021, Alan B wrote
> (in article<shddt5$4lu$1...@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>):
>
>> Chris <ithi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hmm a random Office Forms link...?
>>>
>>> Seems dodgy but apparently comes from a genuine VMware source, although
>>> could also be fake.
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/pkjm89/private_tech_preview_for_vmw
>>> are_fusion_on_apple/
>>
>> Well at great risk to life and limb I signed up. The form only requested my
>> name, email address and why I wanted early access. No request for other
>> personal info such as dob, snail mail address and bank details. No response
>> so far.
>
> Your sacrifice is duly noted and appreciated...
>
> I could do with a beta of the Intel version to be honest.

IIRC the reddit link mentions that there's no x86 support (yet).

Stefen Carroll - fretwizzer

Sep 11, 2021, 3:42:52 AM9/11/21
Do you even believe the lies Prescott Computer Guy is spewing? Prescott
Computer Guy is a crazed maniac who repeatedly claims anyone who disagrees
with Carroll to be a sock and, still, he wants us to believe that is reasonable.
Gotta be drugs.

Prescott Computer Guy is being controlled by RMS.

So what is Prescott Computer Guy's system for the flooding deluge? FileMaker?
That is the only database he knows, or admits to. He must be using it
to produce these goofy "spam" garbage posts. Here is my theory, Prescott
Computer Guy took some code that he hacked and declared it his... he is
feeding it Carroll's posts, grabbing random paragraphs, then scrambling
those using the Bellman–Ford algorithm and then he annoyingly posts them
because his insomnia enables him to do that close to round-the-clock.

--
This Trick Gets Women Hot For You
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/6sfkup/what_desktop_tasks_does_linux_handle_better_than