Stuck on a Web Page

Jock.

Jan 11, 2005, 3:24:17 PM1/11/05
How do I get out of the situation where clicking on the 'Back' button of a browser
just reloads the page I'm on? I.e. I'm stuck on that page and the only way out
seems to be to exit the browser.

Awkward if you're going through a few pages of search results!

--

Jock.

--

"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
- Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)

Chris Bolus

Jan 11, 2005, 3:39:27 PM1/11/05
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:24:17 +0000, Jock. <real_cla...@yahoo.fr>
wrote:

>How do I get out of the situation where clicking on the 'Back' button of a browser
>just reloads the page I'm on? I.e. I'm stuck on that page and the only way out
>seems to be to exit the browser.
>
>Awkward if you're going through a few pages of search results!

Assuming you're using IE5 or 6, the Back button has a tiny drop-down
arrow next to it. Click on that and you will see a list of the pages you
have visted in order. You can then go back to the page before the one
that reloads.
--
Regards, Chris (remove the arachnid to reply by e-mail)

Connection problems? Help is at hand on my tech page at
www.b0lus.com
****** Please email in plain text ******

Jock.

Jan 12, 2005, 12:00:47 PM1/12/05
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:39:27 GMT, Chris Bolus <ch...@b0lusSPIDER.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:24:17 +0000, Jock. <real_cla...@yahoo.fr>
>wrote:
>
>>How do I get out of the situation where clicking on the 'Back' button of a browser
>>just reloads the page I'm on? I.e. I'm stuck on that page and the only way out
>>seems to be to exit the browser.
>>
>>Awkward if you're going through a few pages of search results!
>>
>Assuming you're using IE5 or 6, the Back button has a tiny drop-down
>arrow next to it. Click on that and you will see a list of the pages you
>have visted in order. You can then go back to the page before the one
>that reloads.

Easy when you know how eh, Chris?

Thanks very much.

I presume they set these pages up that way deliberately.

Marcus Houlden

Jan 12, 2005, 12:51:39 PM1/12/05
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:00:47 +0000, Jock <real_cla...@yahoo.fr>
wrote the following to uk.comp.os.win95:

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:39:27 GMT, Chris Bolus <ch...@b0lusSPIDER.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:24:17 +0000, Jock. <real_cla...@yahoo.fr>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>How do I get out of the situation where clicking on the 'Back' button of a browser
>>>just reloads the page I'm on? I.e. I'm stuck on that page and the only way out
>>>seems to be to exit the browser.
>>>
>>>Awkward if you're going through a few pages of search results!
>>>
>>Assuming you're using IE5 or 6, the Back button has a tiny drop-down
>>arrow next to it. Click on that and you will see a list of the pages you
>>have visted in order. You can then go back to the page before the one
>>that reloads.
>
> Easy when you know how eh, Chris?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> I presume they set these pages up that way deliberately.

Depends on the page. Some of them forward you to another page as soon as you
open them, and when you press the back button, it takes you back to the
forwarding page.

mh.
--
Reply-to address *is* valid.
"From" address is a blackhole.

Jock.

Jan 13, 2005, 10:11:24 AM1/13/05
On 12 Jan 2005 17:51:39 GMT, Marcus Houlden <sp...@nukesoft.co.uk> wrote:

>> I presume they set these pages up that way deliberately.
>
>Depends on the page. Some of them forward you to another page as soon as you
>open them, and when you press the back button, it takes you back to the
>forwarding page.

Sounds more likely. Thanks again.