IDE RAID card problems

Cheeky

Apr 4, 2005, 5:21:18 PM4/4/05
I recently bought a replacement 80GB hard drive for my (ancient) PC
forgetting totally about the 65GB BIOS limit. Consequently when I
install 2K it'll do the initial bit fine up to the point where it
tries to load the Windows GUI for the first time when it crashes with
an "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" error. To try and resolve this I got
hold of an IDE RAID card which, as far as I can tell is an "IDE Eagle
W-8212" which says "PCI ULTRA ATA-133 RAID IDE CARD" on the box.

Plugged it in and connected the drive up and the card BIOS recognises
it without any problems. The issue is that it was not supplied with a
driver floppy so that when I try to install 2K I cannot add the card
in the initial setup as it will only copy drivers from A: and not the
CDROM. I tried copying the files from the CDROM to a floppy but this
didn't work either - I just got error messages.

Has anyone else used one of these cards and knows of a solution? Any
help gratefully received!

TIA
--

Please reply to the group