Sony Mouse problem

Rohit Amin

May 23, 2005, 12:14:24 PM5/23/05
I would appreciate any help to resolve the following problem.

I have a Sony FX-103 (PIII 650MHz) laptop. My daughter has been playing too
many games on it and has basically trashed the touchpad selection keys.

I have done a full system recovery to return the laptop to its original
factory state. I then disabled the touch pad and added a sony usb mouse (I
know the mouse works as I tested it on my other sony picturebook laptop).
The right button works fine. The scroll button works. However, the left
button doesnot. Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Martin

May 23, 2005, 12:20:50 PM5/23/05

"Rohit Amin" <rohi...@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message

Have you tried plugging it in with the touch pad enabled? A USB mouse should
live quite happily along with a touchpad. Disabling the touchpad might have
caused a conflict. How did you disable the touchpad? Did you do it via
device manager or through some dedicated software?

Also is there a dedicated driver for the mouse? I would be tempted to try a
Mickeysoft mouse if you get no joy.

Martin

Rohit Amin

May 24, 2005, 2:00:11 PM5/24/05

"Martin" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

I have tried it with the touch pad enabled, but it makes no difference. The
touch pad was disabled via control panel--> mouse. That has the settings
for touchpad, including to disable it. The mouse is a sony so it needs no
additional dirver. I just plugged it in.

I will try mickeysoft to see if it helps.

Thanks
Rohit