Newbie questions

Michael Hopkins

Sep 20, 2005, 2:28:26 PM9/20/05

I'm new to using Win2k, and have one or two queries. Can anyone help?

1. Certain WebPages don't fill the screen (using Internet Explorer),
leaving a blank space to the right, although the toolbars go across OK.
bbc.co.uk is one that does this and neopets is another, although most behave
normally. Any ideas how to adjust this?

2. The general size is far smaller than I'm used to. However, adjusting
the screen area in the display control panel to the next one up makes things
far too big! Is there a way of going for an in-between size?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Michael

Spartanicus

Sep 20, 2005, 3:23:06 PM9/20/05
"Michael Hopkins" <michael...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>I'm new to using Win2k, and have one or two queries. Can anyone help?
>
>1. Certain WebPages don't fill the screen (using Internet Explorer),
>leaving a blank space to the right, although the toolbars go across OK.
>bbc.co.uk is one that does this and neopets is another, although most behave
>normally. Any ideas how to adjust this?

Nothing to do with w2k. Many web sites have been coded to a fixed width.
Not much you can do about it.

>2. The general size is far smaller than I'm used to. However, adjusting
>the screen area in the display control panel to the next one up makes things
>far too big! Is there a way of going for an in-between size?

The "Screen area" display setting should be set to the native size of
your monitor in the case of a flat panel monitor.

--
Spartanicus