How intsall Win 98SE/2K without a floppy or bootable drive?

b_deshi

Jun 27, 2005, 5:01:38 PM6/27/05
I have a NEC Versa Note P11 300mhz with 64MB Ram, 6gig HD, CD ROM,
which does not boot from any bootable discs, the floppy is dead. I have
win 98se and Windows 2000pro, but no luck. BIOS is set to boot from CD
Rom first but I'm having no luck.

Can anyone suggest if I can boot from the hard drive some how as I have
windows 2000 installed already on the system. I want to do a fresh
install.

I also have a USB HD and an external cd rom via the PCMCIA card.

Many thanks

deshi

Clint Sharp

Jun 27, 2005, 5:32:36 PM6/27/05
In message <1119902863.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
b_deshi <b_d...@hotmail.com> writes

>I have a NEC Versa Note P11 300mhz with 64MB Ram, 6gig HD, CD ROM,
>which does not boot from any bootable discs, the floppy is dead. I have
>win 98se and Windows 2000pro, but no luck. BIOS is set to boot from CD
>Rom first but I'm having no luck.
>
>Can anyone suggest if I can boot from the hard drive some how as I have
>windows 2000 installed already on the system. I want to do a fresh
>install.
Is it FAT32 or NTFS?

>I also have a USB HD and an external cd rom via the PCMCIA card.
>
>Many thanks
>
>deshi

Do you have a network card?
--
Clint Sharp

b_deshi

Jun 28, 2005, 5:11:27 PM6/28/05
It is fat32,

I have a PCMCIA netword card but no ethernet dongle to go with it.

Deshi

Marcus Houlden

Jun 29, 2005, 12:03:59 PM6/29/05
On 27 Jun 2005 14:01:38 -0700, b_deshi <b_d...@hotmail.com>

wrote the following to uk.comp.os.win2000:

> I have a NEC Versa Note P11 300mhz with 64MB Ram, 6gig HD, CD ROM,
> which does not boot from any bootable discs, the floppy is dead.

Why not get another one?

mh.
--
Reply-to address *is* valid. "From" address is a blackhole.

This space to let.

Message has been deleted

Clint Sharp

Jun 29, 2005, 12:55:27 PM6/29/05
In message <1119993087.9...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
b_deshi <b_d...@hotmail.com> writes
>It is fat32,
Well, if it's FAT32 and you can see the CD-ROM drive, it should be
trivial to re-format, make bootable and copy the WIN98 directory over to
the HDD, you can install from this. Win 2K is more problematic

>I have a PCMCIA netword card but no ethernet dongle to go with it.
So, you have a table shim then.

--
Clint Sharp

b_deshi

Jun 30, 2005, 9:52:12 AM6/30/05
Many thanks for the reply, I'll try the disk adptor route.

regards

deshi