Using VLC to record

Davey

Jan 21, 2023, 11:24:26 AM1/21/23
I am trying to use VLC to record a session on my desktop. I have
followed the instructions, but I can't get the Record button to work.
It's there, I enabled it using the Media/Advanced Controls, but it
remains greyed out whatever I try, and certainly doesn't work.
My system is Ubuntu 18.04LTS, Ver. 3.0.8 Ventinari. 3.0.8 is the
current version as listed by Synaptic.
Any help as to what I am missing much appreciated.
--
Davey.

Marco Moock

Jan 26, 2023, 2:50:02 AM1/26/23
Try to run it in the terminal and show if error occur.

Davey

Jan 26, 2023, 3:55:04 AM1/26/23
Thanks. I have moved on to Kazam, which does what I need. I find VLC is
good for cutting short what Kazam produces, though.
I will try the terminal method when I have some time available!
Cheers,
--
Davey.