e.Cyclone ASDS-273 Bluetooth USB adapter

Michael Chare

Mar 25, 2009, 7:43:28 PM3/25/09
Has anyone manage to get an e.Cyclone ASDS-273 Bluetooth USB adapter to work
with MS Vista (or XP)

The adapter that I have bought came with:

BlueSoleil 1.6.1.4 Release 00606
Stack version 05.04.05.20040408

AIUI the install procedure uses BlueSoleil on XP and standard MS generic
Bluetooth drivers on Vista.

I can't get either of these to work properly.

The dongle hardware itself is OK. Using my desktop PC I can pair the PC with
my mobile phone when I run Ubuntu. I just can't pair the two devices when I
run Vista and the supplied software. The dongle has a rather odd mac
address 11:11:11:11:11:11.

IVT Corporation who make BlueSoleil have later versions of their software,
with trial versions that do work, however IVT want 19.95 (Euros) for a full
licence which is several times what I paid for the dongle. I also suspect
that the licence binds itself to a particular PC.

The dongle uses a chip made by CONWISE Technology Corporation Ltd. Sadly
there are no drivers on their website.

Can anyone suggest a source of free drivers that will enable the dongle to
work with Vista, or suggest an alternative product with which they have
managed to get working properly.
Google has revealed that I am not the first person to have this problem, and
it would not surprise me if IVT have not killed many of the cracked version
of thier software that abound..

I thought of trying to download Belkins drivers for their Bluetooth dongle.
They won't let you do that for unregistered products 'for copyright
reasons'.

--
Michael Chare

Chris French

Mar 25, 2009, 8:45:12 PM3/25/09
In message <u4udnfc3aO8_XFfU...@pipex.net>, Michael Chare
<Munders...@chareDOTorg.uk> writes

>Has anyone manage to get an e.Cyclone ASDS-273 Bluetooth USB adapter to
>work with MS Vista (or XP)

<snip>

>Can anyone suggest a source of free drivers that will enable the dongle
>to work with Vista, or suggest an alternative product with which they
>have managed to get working properly.

I have one which I got from an Ebay seller, reports itself as Silicon
Wave.

Just plugged it in to an XP desktop and it just worked.

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270357754857>
--
Chris French, Leeds

Michael Chare

Mar 27, 2009, 9:34:49 AM3/27/09
"Chris French" <newsp...@chrisfrench.org> wrote in message

Thanks for your reply.

Well I sent my ADS-273 back to the supplier and suggested that they replace
it with the Nano which they also sell. I hope that it works with Vista!

--
Michael Chare

Ric Harris

Mar 31, 2009, 5:57:27 AM3/31/09
On 27 Mar, 14:34, "Michael Chare" <MunderscoreN...@chareDOTorg.uk>
wrote:
> "Chris French" <newspos...@chrisfrench.org> wrote in message

> > In message <u4udnfc3aO8_XFfUnZ2dnUVZ8q2dn...@pipex.net>, Michael Chare
> > <MunderscoreN...@chareDOTorg.uk> writes

> >>Has anyone manage to get an e.Cyclone ASDS-273 Bluetooth USB adapter to
> >>work with MS Vista (or XP)
>
> > <snip>
>
> >>Can anyone suggest a source of free drivers that will enable the dongle to
> >>work with Vista, or suggest an alternative product with which they have
> >>managed to get working properly.
>
> > I have one which I got from an Ebay seller, reports itself as Silicon
> > Wave.
>
> > Just plugged it in to an XP desktop and it just worked.
>
> > <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270357754857>
> > --
> > Chris French, Leeds
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Well I sent my ADS-273 back to the supplier and suggested that they replace
> it with the Nano which they also sell. I hope that it works with Vista!
>
> --
> Michael Chare- Hide quoted text -

Dealextreme.com has bluetooth dongles that stick out about 5mm from
the usb socket that "just work" in XP and Vista. I got one for the
missus' laptop a few months back. They're about 2 quid and have free
shipping from Hong Kong. Might as well buy direct rather than from
eBay resellers..!

Michael Chare

Mar 31, 2009, 8:39:42 PM3/31/09
"Ric Harris" <infob...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 27 Mar, 14:34, "Michael Chare" <MunderscoreN...@chareDOTorg.uk>
> wrote:
>> "Chris French" <newspos...@chrisfrench.org> wrote in message
>>

> Dealextreme.com has bluetooth dongles that stick out about 5mm from
> the usb socket that "just work" in XP and Vista. I got one for the
> missus' laptop a few months back. They're about 2 quid and have free
> shipping from Hong Kong. Might as well buy direct rather than from
> eBay resellers..!

I actually bought one of the square ended little bluetooth dongles from an
ebay supplier. It is similar to but not exactly the same those on the
Dealextreme.com we site.

I have been much more successful at getting it to connect my Nokia Symbian
mobile phone and GPS to my Vista PC.

Strangely the PC keeps wanting to load special bluetooth drivers for the
mobile phone, which don't exist and don't appear to be necessary.

--
Michael Chare