Rain

ma...@mail.com

Nov 7, 2019, 3:27:38 PM11/7/19

Third day raining

--
Ma...@ireland.xxx
Will rant for food.
You are taking the IPCC, right?

David

Nov 8, 2019, 9:01:49 AM11/8/19
On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 20:27:37 +0000, mausg wrote:

> Third day raining

Lots of heavy rain and wind around us for what seems like ever now. No
chance of getting onto arable fields as they are so waterlogged they are
just holding water on top. Anything that has been drilled will probably
be rotting away. Not a good start to what should be next years harvest.

Dykes can't cope and lots of water on the roads too.

--
David P

ma...@mail.com

Nov 8, 2019, 10:02:00 AM11/8/19
Quad bike showing tracks this morning. I would disagree about sown corn, I
would think that if the sssoil is suitaable, it will live

Bev

Nov 8, 2019, 10:56:52 AM11/8/19
On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 15:01:58 +0000, mausg wrote:

> On 2019-11-08, David <no...@this.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 07 Nov 2019 20:27:37 +0000, mausg wrote:
>>
>>> Third day raining
>>
>> Lots of heavy rain and wind around us for what seems like ever now. No
>> chance of getting onto arable fields as they are so waterlogged they
>> are just holding water on top. Anything that has been drilled will
>> probably be rotting away. Not a good start to what should be next
>> years harvest.
>>
>> Dykes can't cope and lots of water on the roads too.
>>

> Quad bike showing tracks this morning. I would disagree about sown corn,
> I would think that if the sssoil is suitaable, it will live

I hope that will be the case!

ma...@mail.com

Nov 9, 2019, 6:03:21 AM11/9/19
Some years ago, hey, must be 20+, I was driving along a road, and noticed
a man sowing corn while snow drifted by. Crop came up perfect. I salute
that field now as I pass it.

Has anyone in the West European Isands seen one of those Kubota robot tractors
working?..

(WEI is Irishgovernmentsprach for British Isles)

David

Nov 9, 2019, 7:04:12 AM11/9/19
On Sat, 09 Nov 2019 11:03:19 +0000, mausg wrote:

> On 2019-11-08, Bev <B...@invalid.com> wrote:

>>> Quad bike showing tracks this morning. I would disagree about sown
>>> corn,
>>> I would think that if the sssoil is suitaable, it will live
>>
>> I hope that will be the case!

> Some years ago, hey, must be 20+, I was driving along a road, and
> noticed a man sowing corn while snow drifted by. Crop came up perfect.
> I salute that field now as I pass it.

I think there's a bit of difference between sowing in a bit of snow (not
that its something I've ever experienced) and the drilled seed being
encased in more water than soil for weeks on end. But I share the
optimism of a good crop without re-drilling.

> Has anyone in the West European Isands seen one of those Kubota robot
> tractors working?..

not me.

> (WEI is Irishgovernmentsprach for British Isles)

now that is a new one on me.

--
David P