Survey results very useful - would like to publish them. OK with you?

1 view

jfine

Oct 21, 2009, 7:30:52 AM10/21/09
to UK Mathematics Content Workshop - 9th September 2009
Hi

Many thanks to all of you who took the feedback survey. I've had a
look at the responses and they're really helpful (as well as being
mostly positive).

In fact, I'm intending to publish them because they are so useful for
the purpose of the workshop. The responses were anonymous, and it's
not possible to identify who said what (although guesses could be
made).

However, if anyone thinks they may object to this, please do let me
know soon.

Here's an example of what would be published:

What benefits would you like from a future workshop?
# Response Text
1 More demonstrations/ demonstration facilities (crowding round a
screen over lunch doesn't work).
2 (see below)
3 A larger focus on student experience.
4 See 3. below.
5 The same as from this workshop.
6 More technical insights, e.g. how are people converting TeX to XML?
7 The most useful thing for me was talking to other publishers, and we
quickly discovered there was quite a difference between textbook and
journal/papers publishing. For me to get maximum benifit from a future
workshop, it would be useful to have another couple of textbook
publishers there if possible.
8 Update of further progress and new issues, information about funding
opportunities
9 Collaboration in development of tools and methodologies for e-maths
10 Some proposed directions, action items, problems to be solved etc
before hand would help in being able to think about the issues better
before the day.
11 Even more focused topics/problems might be useful.
12 A body to recommend standards in mathematical content, especially
when this is becoming so important in schools that require a virtual
learning environment and ePortfolio system.
13 More networking between clients and customers, publishers and
solution providers.
14 keeping up to date with developments and current issues.
15 More on the potential applications in teaching. Some hands on
demos?

best regards

Jonathan

Michael Roberts

Oct 21, 2009, 11:20:45 AM10/21/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jonathan,

I have no objections to this.

Regards,
Mike Roberts
Product Manager: Standards & Discoverability
Tel: +44 (0)117 930 1082

jfine <jonatha...@googlemail.com>
Sent by: uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com

21/10/2009 12:30

UK Mathematics Content Workshop - 9th September 2009 <uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com>
cc
Subject
Survey results very useful - would like to publish them.  OK with  you?

This email (and attachments) are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender, delete any copies and do not take action in reliance on it. Any views expressed are the author's and do not represent those of IOP, except where specifically stated. IOP takes reasonable precautions to protect against viruses but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from virus infection. For the protection of IOP's systems and staff emails are scanned automatically.

IOP Publishing Limited Registered in England under Registration No 467514. Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England Vat No GB 461 6000 84.

Sue Milne

Oct 21, 2009, 12:13:51 PM10/21/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jon,

I've no problem with your publishing the survey results

Sue

Dr Sue Milne
ELandWeb Ltd   Company Registration No. SC312309
Registered Office:
54 Grampian Way, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RW
Tel: +44(0)1419431307 , Mob: +44(0)7780995748  Company website:
http://www.elandweb.co.uk
This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return
this message by replying to it and then delete the message from your
computer.

> I've no problem with your publishing the survey results

fine with me, too.
Petr

Fletcher, Leslie

Oct 21, 2009, 3:20:05 PM10/21/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
OK with me.

Leslie Fletcher

Oct 21, 2009, 3:47:12 PM10/21/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
And me.
James Davenport

Stefan Anca

Oct 22, 2009, 3:28:14 AM10/22/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
No problem.
Stefan Anca

MSc Computer Science
BSc Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Jacobs University, Bremen

IMPORTANT: From September 2009, the e-mail address
s.a...@jacobs-university.de does not exist anymore. All e-mails sent
to this address are automatically forwarded to sa...@jacobs-alumni.de.
In order to make sure no e-mail is lost, please send all e-mails to
shtefa...@gmail.com or sa...@jacobs-alumni.de.

Maths for More

Oct 22, 2009, 4:14:51 AM10/22/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com