FYI: Funding opportunity for developing open educational resources

Jonathan Fine

Mar 15, 2010, 12:53:49 PM3/15/10
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi

There was a meeting today at the OU that told me about a funding opportunity which might interest some of us.  It is to develop open educational resources.

Here are the URLS:

http://www.sharedsolutions.ac.uk/
a major initiative at the Open University funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England.  It is working to improve Higher Education nation-wide through cross-sector collaborations and by drawing on unique strengths of the Open University such as its expertise in delivering education to a high standard anywhere at scale.

http://www.open.ac.uk/score/
a HEFCE-funded project (2009-2012) supporting individuals, projects, institutions and programmes within higher education in England who are engaged in creating, sharing and using open educational resources (OER). As well as publishing its own OER content, SCORE has a fellowship scheme, offers support and advice, mentors UK OER projects, offers events and online community support. Explore the site to find out more.

If you want more information, or a partner within the OU, you're welcome to contact me.

best regards

Jonathan

Sue Milne

Mar 20, 2010, 1:19:20 PM3/20/10
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jonathan,

I would be interested in assisting with production of OER, particularly for Maths and QTI. Is anyone looking for assistance in this area?

The SCORE Fellowships seem to be aimed at providing OU expertise to people outside the OU – or have I read it incorrectly?

Cheers

Sue

Dr Sue Milne

ELandWeb Ltd   Company Registration No. SC312309

Registered Office:

54 Grampian Way, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RW

Tel: +44(0)1419431307 , Mob: +44(0)7780995748  Company website: http://www.elandweb.co.uk
This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.
If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return this message by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

J.Fine

Mar 20, 2010, 1:36:20 PM3/20/10
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sue

I'm glad you're interested. I think your assessment of SCORE is correct.

I don't at present know of anyone who's wanting help in Maths and QTI, but it is early days yet.

best regards

Jonathan
I would be interested in assisting with production of OER, particularly for Maths and QTI. Is anyone looking for assistance in this area?

The SCORE Fellowships seem to be aimed at providing OU expertise to people outside the OU – or have I read it incorrectly?

Cheers
Sue

Dr Sue Milne
ELandWeb Ltd Company Registration No. SC312309
Registered Office:
54 Grampian Way, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 4RW

Tel: +44(0)1419431307 , Mob: +44(0)7780995748 Company website: http://www.elandweb.co.uk<http://www.elandweb.co.uk/>

Hi

Here are the URLS:

best regards