Logistics of participation

1 view

Stefan Anca

Aug 6, 2009, 8:06:31 AM8/6/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I am the happily accepted new participant of the Workshop, on behalf of the the KWARC research group at Jacobs University. I would like to ask where I could find more information about transportation, accommodation and a rough schedule of the workshop. For example, I am unsure which day to arrive and about which time to reach an airport in London, in order to make it to the 8pm social :)

I have looked through the pages on the group and I couldn't find such information. Could anyone please direct me?

Thank you,

Stefan

Stefan Anca
MSc student
Smart Systems '09
Jacobs University Bremen

SES Secretary General Substitute
Graduate Student Association Board

Jonathan Fine

Aug 6, 2009, 8:38:44 AM8/6/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
Hello Stefan

Your best flight is probably Bremem to Stansted with Ryanair (sorry).

I've had a look at the timetable and you should travel out on the 8th.

For the return, your choice is probably either taking a taxi to Stansted on the 9th or flying back during the day on the 10th (which requires another overnight).

It may be that someone else would want to take a taxi to Stansted immediately after the workshop, which would allow you to share costs.

As I recall, Petr Sojka is travelling from Stansted to Milton Keynes on Tuesday 8th.  You and he may be able to share a taxi - please contact him directly.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Stefan Anca

Aug 6, 2009, 9:17:01 AM8/6/09
to uk-math-co...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your help, Peter has already contacted me. After filling out the questionnaire I also got a link to the admin page with the schedule and directions (oops, sorry for asking an obvious question earlier). Yes, flying out of Bremen airport is the most convenient for me, even though it's Ryanair.

I think I have access to all the information I require now.

Thank you again,

Stefan