Report from EuroTeX meeting

jfine

Sep 3, 2009, 1:45:02 AM9/3/09
to UK Mathematics Content Workshop - 9th September 2009
Hello

The slides I presented at EuroTeX two days ago are available at
http://mathtran.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mathtran/trunk/docs/mainstream_tex/eurotex2009.pdf

There was widespread acceptance that improved online LaTeX
documentation was required. I think work along these lines will help
us achieve our other goals.

The was interest in setting up a Linux package, say for Ubuntu, that
installed mathematical content web-services.

Finally, there was interest in a monthly newsletter on technical
aspects of mathematical content.

Other documents, include my presentation for my workshop, are at:
http://mathtran.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/mathtran/trunk/docs/

See you next week.

Jonathan

Ian Wild

Sep 7, 2009, 6:25:47 PM9/7/09
to UK Mathematics Content Workshop - 9th September 2009
Hi Jonathan,

A Linux package sounds like a good idea. I guess a package for Ubuntu
would only work on Debian-derived systems, which would mean we would
need something using the RPM system (i.e. Red Hat, obviously, Fedora,
Centos, etc). However, we can't neglect Windows: I spend a lot of time
in UK schools and colleges and, in the main, administrators there are
Windows people.

A monthly newsletter sounds like a great idea. I for one would
subscribe to that :-)

Cheers,

Ian.